Build over oil barrels

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Rommel
Trained
Trained

Build over oil barrels

Post by Rommel »

A minor irritation, but an irritation nonetheless is when you are cue clicking your base structures and there is an oil barrel blocking a tile. You should be able to place a cued structure over the oil barrel because the trucks/engineer will get it when he reaches the area anyway...
Moving back instead of forward
Seems to me absurd
~
Metallica - Eye of the beholder
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Re: Build over oil barrels

Post by aubergine »

I like this idea.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

+1 support from me as well.
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

+9 To the idea.

It is even strange it was not dealth with a lon time ago already :3
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
theArmourer
Trained
Trained

Post by theArmourer »

+1 So annoying.
~theArmourer
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Far too difficult a commander to handle? :hmm:
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I was sleeping while posting the previous post, it may be ignored perfectly :3

Now I am looking at this and what the hell ;)

Regards - Mero
IgorBrehm
Trained
Trained

Post by IgorBrehm »

Merowingg wrote:I was sleeping while posting the previous post, it may be ignored perfectly :3

Now I am looking at this and what the hell ;)
:lol2: awesome!
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

This is definitely annoying.
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

:lol2: awesome!
Heh ;) but seriously the thing is, I very often visit our forum by very fast dropping by, or when most of us would go sleeping.

I just do not have so much time recently.

Regards - Mero
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

obviously.

I suggest each building should have one or more mandatory propulsion type. And the construction placement should be using that.

I also suggest, because it's directly linked to make those passability check no more on an hardcore basis but based on the terrainmodifier stat file.

Supporting only 1 single function should be simpler anyway, and units know already about passage features.

For exemple :
A ship yard is a building with both naval and wheel mandatory propulsion type. It is on a viable spot if all it tile is either passable by wheel or naval and that it have at least one both naval and wheel passable tile under it or directly beside.

Same for a bridge tile I guess :D

Then, modders will also be able to define buildings on cliff, water or only on concrete tiles.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I suggest each building should have one or more mandatory propulsion type. And the construction placement should be using that.
Iluvalar, can you explain it to me, I do not understand what do you mean :hmm:

Regards - Mero
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Iluvalar wrote: For exemple :
A ship yard is a building with both naval and wheel mandatory propulsion type. It is on a viable spot if all it tile is either passable by wheel or naval and that it have at least one both naval and wheel passable tile under it or directly beside.
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

So a building would need a propulsion type to be able to pick up oil barrels?
Why not just make "structure" "tower" and "bunker" propulsion types?
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Jorzi wrote:So a building would need a propulsion type to be able to pick up oil barrels?
Why not just make "structure" "tower" and "bunker" propulsion types?
Lol, it wouldn't be able to take oil barel. But that oil barel is surely passable for moving units. I only suggest, while at fixing that barel problem, to use the very same function for all this.

Sure a "structure" propulsion type sound great. Would get rid of the second table (structuremodifier.txt).