Idea: Mini-AI to automate player's commanders

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
savage
Greenhorn

Re: Idea: Mini-AI to automate player's commanders

Post by savage »

Personally, I'd love to be able to apply simple macro scripts to both mobile and stationary units. Maybe a Lua script that would tell those stupid builder bots to stay in one area instead of committing suicide trying to repair a unit under fire that you want to intentionally sacrifice.

Or, the ability to tell a factory to produce 3 trucks then 2 repair turrets repeatedly until the command limit is reached then switch to tanks or whatever.

I'm thinking something along the lines of a drag & drop macro you could drop on what ever unit needed customization.
Urnight
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Urnight »

support and bump
ClockWork
Trained
Trained

Post by ClockWork »

When I have a commander, I would like for him to be able to tell attached units, which one's to kill first.

Say he has six tanks attached, two machine gunners, two cannons, and two lancers.

When matched up against a mixed group of units, the commander will tell his attached units, "Destroy the droids best suited for the weapon type."

Eg., the machine gunners will only attack personnel if applicable, cannons will attack structures/tanks, and lancers will attack tanks if applicable, (Depending on what the highest percentage of total damage delt can be.) It's an option that can spread out the attack to be more effective, but at the same time all damage will not be centered on one unit. The 'laser' of the commander may have to be turned into a short cone, wide but only about a square in reach for the aesthetic look that it is scanning multiple foes.