Torpedo ahead!

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Paul
Trained
Trained

Torpedo ahead!

Post by Paul »

It is incredibly sad what is going on here at the forums. :cry:
No, not about the users who blatantly violate forums rules, all forums have these morons and they are dealt with. I am talking about persons with the power to stop such things from going on in the first place only to bitch-slap their very own forum rules and they just sit on their hands after proclaiming it isn't them.
The question is why? It highly smells of infighting. Infighting leads to departures. Departures leads to less people to work on warzone. Less people to work on warzone means the death of the game. The death of the game means all those forum morons will now move on to another forum and do their antics there.
Pandering to all the forum morons to become their friends is laughable at best and unless your motives are to get rid of particular people on your own team then I can't understand why you wish to act the way you do.
So tell us cybersphinx who are you trying to get to leave the project?
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Re: Torpedo ahead!

Post by Rman Virgil »

Forum & IRC & Game hosting rules

2. Respect other members. Be nice. Trolling, flamebait, and personal attacks will be removed.

7. Post content should be reasonable. Don't post anything excessively malicious, vulgar, obscene, or sexual.
Does this not apply to your entire post?

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Paul
Trained
Trained

Post by Paul »

Funny how you quote rules here but not in the other thread which breaks rules as well. Thanks for affirming that selective amnesia exists. :roll:
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Paul wrote:Funny how you quote rules here but not in the other thread which breaks rules as well. Thanks for affirming that selective amnesia exists. :roll:
You brought up rules that were violated in the other thread without specifying, not I.

You did not answer the straight foward question.

The correct term is "selective exposure" and cognitive science has demonstrated that homo sapiens sapiens are hard-wired as such normally.

Paul
Trained
Trained

Post by Paul »

Rman Virgil wrote: You brought up rules that were violated in the other thread without specifying, not I
Thanks Sir. Corrected.
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

Different people have different moderation styles. This thread breaks a few rules but it is about moderation of threads and content of such threads. As I state in viewtopic.php?f=3&p=108514#p108514 What one mod finds offensive or a clear violation of the rules another mod may not as they may well see it as an actual discussion worth keeping provided it does not cross too many lines.
Paul
Trained
Trained

Post by Paul »

Lord Apocalypse wrote:Different people have different moderation styles. This thread breaks a few rules but it is about moderation of threads and content of such threads. As I state in viewtopic.php?f=3&p=108514#p108514 What one mod finds offensive or a clear violation of the rules another mod may not as they may well see it as an actual discussion worth keeping provided it does not cross too many lines.
Yes, Sir, I understand the dilemma.
The point I am making is that if the moderators that do nothing let this go on until the other moderators notice then that moderator that does nothing should be demoted or fired or the rules changed. Moderators should be enforcing all the rules put in place set forth by their own forum policy. There is no excuse to come into a thread and say it wasn't me just because you want everyone to like you better. That is just a slap in the face of all the other moderators that do enforce those rules.
Andrie
Regular
Regular

Post by Andrie »

Paul wrote: Yes, Sir, I understand the dilemma.
The point I am making is that if the moderators that do nothing let this go on until the other moderators notice then that moderator that does nothing should be demoted or fired or the rules changed. Moderators should be enforcing all the rules put in place set forth by their own forum policy. There is no excuse to come into a thread and say it wasn't me just because you want everyone to like you better. That is just a slap in the face of all the other moderators that do enforce those rules.
Yes that is true Sir Paul. :wink:
"My IRC en multiplay naam is Andrie"

Groete Andrie
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

This kind of speculation has absolutely no place on this forum. Locking topic.