Games, Situations in Games - Hard to Accomplish

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Wisler
Trained
Trained

Re: Games, Situations in Games - Hard to Accomplish

Post by Wisler »

Yea first metal gear solid= best game of all time along with warzone.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.

Pm me to try out for RBL.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I totally agree!

Do you remember this ide that to kill Psycho Mantis you had to switch your joystick from place of player one into place of player two? If you didn't you always missed while shooting. I think there was a way to finaly kill him without doing so, but I am not sure..

What an idea.. very good old times.. now it would be like put your kinnect outside down, or put it into fridge ;)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Wisler
Trained
Trained

Post by Wisler »

Yeah i rmember very clearly, i had bought my copy of metal gear solid 2nd hand. and whenever i got to psycho mantis the game would start freezing and crash, but i thought this was meant to happen since psycho mantis messes with you, at a certain point it would just freeze entirely and i would have to turn my ps1 on and off.

In the end i took it back and got another copy and realised it wasnt meant to be happening, i had no idea about the player 2 controller till years later, i cant rmember how i defeated him, i think it was chaff/stun grenades? or mabye a few lucky shots with the nikita but very memorable gaming experience for me lol.

Come to think of it , i remember in metal gear solid 2. I had no memory card for my PS2, so i tried to play through the whole game without one. Then when i got to the building with the jumping soldiers after hours of playing, i got a call from the colonel. He said i have been playing the game for hours and i should turn it off. I thought the was a built in warning telling me my PS2 was about to overheat or something, so i jumped over to it and turned it off.

Then when i finally got a memory card, and took my sweet time in getting this far again, playing in small chunks instead of one big one, i got the same call from the colonel. Then i realised it was just the game trying to screw with me again. !!!!!!!!

Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Heheheh great one, I did not know about this Colonel calling thing, but are you sure it was always to happen? I ask because maybe it was aware of how long did you play?

And to finish MGS2 with no memory card was madness I suppose.

But this Colonel thing made me laugh :)

Have you played MGS VR trainig? it was cool too :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Wisler
Trained
Trained

Post by Wisler »

Yes I completed it a few times, my favourite were the stinger missions I think.

Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

:)

I remember in Far Cry, on a big sinked tanker I think ship, there was a lot of action and I dided many times, and finally when I won this part, I realised I have broken line bridge leading to the place where I was to go.. I simply shot the line and it fell down during the action.. another one was that I was to sit on a rescue boar and throw myself with it intop water, it was few momnents after the bridge part.. and I did somethig wrong and killed myself landing on rocks from the boat, which turned aside.. I was very angry at that time..

Far Cry is one of the game, i think two.. which I have never finished.. I got to a place where in a sort of circle arena, I was atacked by man monseters, and it was impossible tio kill them, and impossible to get to the doors in some sort of garage.. anyone remember that part? it was after the fight with this super stron man in some sort of lobby...

Regards - Mero