Vtols are noobish and cheap!

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Mafiaboss
Trained
Trained

Vtols are noobish and cheap!

Post by Mafiaboss »

Ok one reason why vtols shouldn't exist in Warzone in the first place is because there is just too much to do as it is, you have to take care of research, cyborgs, tanks, defenses, and artillery which is a good amount of things to keep you busy in the game not to mention the fact that the enemy could attack you at any time which is another distraction in which adding vtols into the mix is very unnecessary.

I have been playing Warzone for more than 10 years, and believe me, they are a waste of time, the pads you put the vtols on to repair sometimes don't even work! The only positive I can see for vtols is the fact that they can be used the destroy artillery, but still there are ways to get rid of artillery without the need for vtols, you just need strong ground supported tanks to roll in and take care of your ripples, shakers, or any or long ranged guns you put on the ground.

Also it can work too because ive even played a game once where more than half of the map was covered with my artillery and my opponent didn't bother putting any of it up, so the next thing I know is that there are sturdy supported units rolling towards my artillery which I think is a joke because artillery almost every time wins in the end, but this time he rolled by with his tanks and started destroying my ripples and shakers which is even more proof opposing the theory that you need vtols to help get rid of artillery.

So I would like to have some feedback on what people think about this, but no matter what they will always be noobish and cheap!
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: Vtols are noobish and cheap!

Post by NoQ »

So I would like to have some feedback on what people think about this, but no matter what they will always be noobish and cheap!
"I would like you to write some feedback but i won't read it anyway."
How nice of you.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

There was this option that allowed you to turn vtol off...

Let me think..

OOO yes it was in the structure limits before you start the game.

If you don't want vtol turn them off ...I hope you read this feed back

Might be only newbies that don't know about this option.
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

NoQ wrote:"I would like you to write some feedback but i won't read it anyway."
How nice of you.
Lets just give feedback :wink:
Berg wrote:Might be only newbies that don't know about this option.
Mafiaboss is no newbie, he's actually pretty good and he knows about that option. The entire story is that me and Mafiaboss had a long healthy discussion about VTOLs, I was for it, and he against them. Finally we only agreed to disagree more, so I suggested to him that we take the discussion to the forum. And if he succeeded in convincing everyone else, then perhaps I might change my opinion as well. :3
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

VTOLs are awesome win. That is all.

As of 3.1 Beta 4, I'm yet to find any bugs with VTOLs or their rearming pads.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Well, probably i just already had too much pain writing walls of text for people who never wanted to listen [to anything but praise] in the first place.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

JDW wrote: The entire story is that me and Mafiaboss had a long healthy discussion about VTOLs
Well the feeling he portrays is one of ..here is his idea and anyone that likes vtols is a newbie.

how do you start a discussion in that context.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

I believe noobs hate vtols, because when a good player finally decide that vtols are the way to go, it's because player B have no versatile weapons nor any AA avalaible.

The remaining of the game become frustrating because there is no more solution to the problem when the vtols come, the game is already lost.

However ground only weapons ARE balanced to be a little bit stronger. So players that made that choice and lose should not complain
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
Reg312
Regular
Regular

Post by Reg312 »

vtols and whole game are balanced only for low oil maps
Mafiaboss
Trained
Trained

Post by Mafiaboss »

JDW wrote:
NoQ wrote:"I would like you to write some feedback but i won't read it anyway."
How nice of you.
Lets just give feedback :wink:
Berg wrote:Might be only newbies that don't know about this option.
Mafiaboss is no newbie, he's actually pretty good and he knows about that option. The entire story is that me and Mafiaboss had a long healthy discussion about VTOLs, I was for it, and he against them. Finally we only agreed to disagree more, so I suggested to him that we take the discussion to the forum. And if he succeeded in convincing everyone else, then perhaps I might change my opinion as well. :3
Thank you for the compliments and clearing it up for the other user on here JDW. :)

You might need to change your opinion soon JDW cause I don't see anyone trying to prove my points otherwise, fine, I will read and see the points that other people make, but I've discussed most things about vtols with JDW and we were still stuck in our own opinions.

Plus I've actually made some points above in the first couple of paragraphs and no one has anything to say about them :D
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

I only see two points that you've made, mafiaboss:

1) you can't handle doing the extra research for AA or VTOL production

2) VTOL are a good counter to artillery

Im not sure if I've played you so I can't verify 1, but I now 2 to be true.

@reg: I would have said VTOL are stronger in low oil. Assuming your enemy gets VTOL before you do much with AA if extremely difficult to pull through with limited resources. I think this changed with improved targeting and retreating (due to new net code).
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
zany
Trained
Trained

Post by zany »

Mafiaboss wrote:Ok one reason why vtols shouldn't exist in Warzone in the first place is because there is just too much to do as it is, you have to take care of research, cyborgs, tanks, defenses, and artillery which is a good amount of things to keep you busy in the game not to mention the fact that the enemy could attack you at any time which is another distraction in which adding vtols into the mix is very unnecessary.

I have been playing Warzone for more than 10 years, and believe me, they are a waste of time, the pads you put the vtols on to repair sometimes don't even work! The only positive I can see for vtols is the fact that they can be used the destroy artillery, but still there are ways to get rid of artillery without the need for vtols, you just need strong ground supported tanks to roll in and take care of your ripples, shakers, or any or long ranged guns you put on the ground.

Also it can work too because ive even played a game once where more than half of the map was covered with my artillery and my opponent didn't bother putting any of it up, so the next thing I know is that there are sturdy supported units rolling towards my artillery which I think is a joke because artillery almost every time wins in the end, but this time he rolled by with his tanks and started destroying my ripples and shakers which is even more proof opposing the theory that you need vtols to help get rid of artillery.

:lol2: let me get this straight you can't adopt to when people use vtols correctly so they are noobish and cheap. :roll:
what is next you can't handle arty wars so those are also noobish and cheap.
then you can't handle some units being better than others so that is also noobish and cheap.
10 years playing like a noob must set some sort of record :P
Mafiaboss
Trained
Trained

Post by Mafiaboss »

effigy wrote:I only see two points that you've made, mafiaboss:

1) you can't handle doing the extra research for AA or VTOL production

2) VTOL are a good counter to artillery

Im not sure if I've played you so I can't verify 1, but I now 2 to be true.

@reg: I would have said VTOL are stronger in low oil. Assuming your enemy gets VTOL before you do much with AA if extremely difficult to pull through with limited resources. I think this changed with improved targeting and retreating (due to new net code).
Actually its not really a choice for anyone since IT IS very difficult to play for anyone with all those elements combines since theres too much to do, and number two is true, but you don't need that point since good tanks can take care of artillery.

And it wouldn't matter if you played me since its not the person its the fact that there is just too much to do with all of those things combined
Reg312
Regular
Regular

Post by Reg312 »

Mafiaboss wrote: there is just too much to do with all of those things combined
did you tried use hot-keys like "Ctrl+V" to select all vtols?
may be problem in fact than game does not provide good tools to handle diffents type of units

for first time its hard to use vtols, especially in high-oil games where you should:
(research in 5 labs, build defenses, build tanks/cyborgs and control them every second, see at situation with your allies, scout etc.)

@effigy: in low oil games you can use any vtols, and better make some of them to damage enemy oil resources and base
=> some of this vtols can be killed by mg units, by lancer cyborgs => you have chance to make AA or push enemy
better say: if enemy make vtols you can push him by tanks, if he stronger with tanks and have vtols at same time => you lose this game anyway :)
in low oil to get thermite bombs you cannot upgrade all at 1 time: armor, flamers, bomb damage, mortar
Last edited by Reg312 on 05 Mar 2012, 03:53, edited 3 times in total.
Mafiaboss
Trained
Trained

Post by Mafiaboss »

zany wrote:
Mafiaboss wrote:Ok one reason why vtols shouldn't exist in Warzone in the first place is because there is just too much to do as it is, you have to take care of research, cyborgs, tanks, defenses, and artillery which is a good amount of things to keep you busy in the game not to mention the fact that the enemy could attack you at any time which is another distraction in which adding vtols into the mix is very unnecessary.

:lol2: let me get this straight you can't adopt to when people use vtols correctly so they are noobish and cheap. :roll:
what is next you can't handle arty wars so those are also noobish and cheap.
then you can't handle some units being better than others so that is also noobish and cheap.
10 years playing like a noob must set some sort of record :P
Vtols are cheap and noobish and it doesn't even matter if you use them in fast games since you cant even get to the point where you can stably use them, if your a good player then you wont wait until your enemy has everything they want set up in their base, you will try to find a way to defeat them as fast as possible.

And artillery are hardcore battles, some people just give up during playing them because of the ridiculousness of continuing to build artillery and try to defeat your opponent which is where a standoff happens because everyone is trying to destroy each others artillery which gets to be drag if your playing for quite a good amount of time doing the same thing.

I can handle them and the only reason why I would lose in that type of battle is because of what my teammates are doing, teammates are very important on determining whether your whole team succeeds or fails.

And no knowing which tanks to use is up to the persons knowledge of what works well against other tanks, if your opponent uses some tanks with your weakness then you have to adjust to beat them, it all depends, and I am not the best, but I am good at playing and know that vtols are just useless pawns in the game which shouldn't even factor in to the gameplay.

And people keep wanting to say that if you put up AA's then vtols are taken care of pretty easier, what people don't realize is that it depends on which body your opponent uses with vtols, if its the tiger body then good luck trying to take care of those vtols unless you have a whole big ass field dedicated with AA's, and people don't mention anyways that there are better anti-vtol guns to use, though that takes way more waste of your time to research just to build to destroy those pest.

And with this much time of experience I hope too that you will learn what I have and see that vtols are exactly as I say, noobish and cheap!