Cheating

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Navvarr
Rookie
Rookie

Cheating

Post by Navvarr »

I was playing online through the lobby today.

I was hosting, playing T3 Startup and this guy I was playing against totally walked all over me. -He seemed to have a large cannon, several groundshakers (i think) - before I was anywhere near having the level of defence he had.

I'm not a total newbie- I win more often than I lose- but this was the first time I thought- hey - was this guy cheating?

Artillery just seemed to appear along with sensor tower- just outside my base.

So, was this guy just fantastically good at online Warzone? -or was he using a cheat. Is it possible to cheat online on Multiplayer??

Personally, cheating doesn't interest me- it would only ruin this great game.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: Cheating

Post by lav_coyote25 »

Navvarr wrote:I was playing online through the lobby today.

I was hosting, playing T3 Startup and this guy I was playing against totally walked all over me. -He seemed to have a large cannon, several groundshakers (i think) - before I was anywhere near having the level of defence he had.

I'm not a total newbie- I win more often than I lose- but this was the first time I thought- hey - was this guy cheating?

Artillery just seemed to appear along with sensor tower- just outside my base.

So, was this guy just fantastically good at online Warzone? -or was he using a cheat. Is it possible to cheat online on Multiplayer??

Personally, cheating doesn't interest me- it would only ruin this great game.
what name did he go by?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Is it possible to cheat online on Multiplayer??
Extremely easy on 2.3 (though not completely easy), much harder with the master's new netcode.
So, was this guy just fantastically good at online Warzone? -or was he using a cheat.
No idea, not enough info about the game to actually find out. The only thing i can say is that strong players don't play T3 games very often.
Navvarr
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Navvarr »

I don't recall the guys name to be honest .I'd played a few games on the same map and most went down the same kind of route.

What surprised me this time was the amount of heavy artillery thrown at me along with the sight of a large cannon - which i would have thought might have taken a while to build.
Sorry for the lack of info- the game was over in about 5 minutes max.

I was just interested to know if multiplayer online has an issue with cheats.

Personally, I enjoy playing against my brother - who I know isn't going to cheat and we have a laugh beating each other- occasionally I play against anyone online - if he's not about.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Might be best to arrange your online games in the irc channel pre starting that way you can get to know your opponent