Unforgettable Game Sessions of Warzone 2100 Only

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Unforgettable Game Sessions of Warzone 2100 Only

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen :)

The Idea is simple, write here unforgettable for you game sessions of Warzone 2100, a sort of description of the game, or its enviroment, by that I mean for example "it was unforgettable becuse we laughed all the time because.."

It can be anything that made you to remember this particular game, or games.

Of course a short description why it is unforgettable for you is needed, it might be long if you want :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
macuser
Regular
Regular

Re: Unforgettable Game Sessions of Warzone 2100 Only

Post by macuser »

This was one of the first multiplayer games I had played. I had just finished the campaign.

So I start to build up my base and research stuff, I build me first few trucks and get to work. All of a sudden, mg vipers half tracks and flamer viper wheels storm my base! I was not very familiar with the rush tactics :P . I still prefer a nice build up and then attack game. But the speed of my demise in that game left an impression (on me AND my base :P ).
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hehe nice :)

Well I love to build up too, I think there is nothing wrong about that, especially when you are playing the campaign :)

I always like to built more and more and organise my base :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
bendib
Regular
Regular

Post by bendib »

Ok I got one from yesterday.
I was trying to see if a certain player should be allowed to join the ISA, so I hosted a game on HellsPass in T1 for him to 1v1 me. It went fine for the first 40 minutes, and I was nearing rail gun while he had plasmite flamers on tiger. Now, I had thought I turned off VTOL, but it turns out, I hadn't. I hit F5 to see what he was up to, and to my horror he was making thermite scorpion vtols! I realized that at this point, my only hope was to push and attempt to kill them.

I had very good thermal armor because I was fighting inferno and then plasmite tanks for the longest time (with great success), so I charged into his base with every attack unit I had. I was met by about 70 plasmite tigers, which managed to do some damage due to the fact I couldn't afford to run from them, but I managed to get past them. When I got into his base I was met by 40 thermite vtols which swarmed me and cost me at least 50 tanks.

He then proceeded to wipe all my factories, my HQ, three of my researches, and several trucks. My tanks were still in his base mind you, and were killing his factories, trucks, and vtol pads while he was busy doing this. I lost all of that wave of tank and had to rebuild my base completely with my 7 or 8 trucks. Thankfully, he had to rebuild almost as much of his base, which bought me enough time to get another load of needle tanks. I sent them into his base, but on the way, they were greeted with thermite vtols which killed 30-40% of them before (I assume) running out of ammo and having to reload.

I managed to destroy his base and all his VTOL pads, but he still had at least 20 thermite vtols with a bomb or two left, so once again he bombed my base badly. after his vtols (his only remaining units) had ran dry,they landed in my base in a pile and were quickly blown to bits by cannon forts. I had nothing left but 20 tanks and needle borgs and one critically damaged truck (I s*** you not). I got objective accomplished, but proceeded to completely rebuild my base.

After rebuilding it, I sent my 15 new trucks into his old base and build ~50 cannon forts, which took all the space in his base. I guess my trucks were scared the great truck murderer would return. :^)
Also known as Subsentient.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Thank you very much for your games description bendib it was really entertaining for me to read.

Indeed a really good match it was, and this strange situation changes like your trucks and his vtols :)

Regards - Mero
Jonix
Trained
Trained

Post by Jonix »

Probably this one... the map was SquaredV9 or something like that. It was 4 on 4, I decided to use a weird strategy... it seems whilst I was building weird tanks the enemy were turtling me and my allies with mortars... I sent in my army to destroy them: revealing an army of trucks... I'd say somewhere near the command limit... building LOADS of mortars and various other early-game defense. I destroyed the mortars and proceeded to the base to find... (drum roll! :lol2: ) no base... oil derricks, power generators and factories. Anyway me and my allies won the game but even when they all left there was still a few small trucks tucked away in a corner which seemed to be invincible... the work of a cheater or a WEIRD player? You decide.
"All they who take thy sword, shall perish with thy sword"
"There is no good or evil, there is only power!"
Jonix
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Well indeed a little bit confusing I think some errors ,ight have appeard due to the internet connection.. but sounds funny :)

I remember one game on four players map with a lot of lags, very loooong ones, it was 2 vs 2, my ally crashed and I got defeated I suyppose, I say I suppose becuse I got one truck escaping, and the other players said something like "gg and another won" and they left, and then I have won :P so there is two options, they didnt even wanted to play more whis sounds strange becuse I had this one tiny truck only more to destroy, or becuse it all hapen within seconds, they somehow won and just left, and I didnt manage to get the lose message so I won :P I dont get it till now.. :) It was lagging terribly.

There was also a few games where a player was told that he left game but in fact he was with us :) and some units were killed by invisible units of his, so accusing of cheating very often begun :)

Regards - Mero
Jonix
Trained
Trained

Post by Jonix »

Interesting... :) . On the basis of lags I remember a lag going on for around 20 minutes :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: !

Here's another cool game: 2on2, on a really annoying map - can't remember the name :hmm: - where there was a rush to build VTOL; as it happened I seemed to have built VTOLs first :D so sent them into the enemy base to find an equally large armada of VTOLs :? . And yet they weren't showing up on the mp menu???? I'm not sure but I think I still won... :P .
Jonix
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

On the basis of lags I remember a lag going on for around 20 minutes :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: !
I hope you are nod making thing up.. I only assume that when the lag begun you went somewhere to do something, becuse I do not believe you vere sitting in fron of not moving screen for twenty minutes...
And yet they weren't showing up on the mp menu????
You have to know that the units shown in the right enter menu exhange from time to time so maybe you have been looking when the other units of that player were displayed.

:)

Regards - Mero
Jonix
Trained
Trained

Post by Jonix »

Oh right! Well maybe 10 minutes then but however long it was it was very long... :laughingneq: tongue twister :laughingneq: .
Jonix
Collective Leader
Trained
Trained

Post by Collective Leader »

I was bored one night and had just watched a few videos from FPS Russia, so I felt like kinda replicating that same thing in the game (I was even red in game). :P Cheat guide in hand, I instantly killed the bot, switched to BE said bot, built him up a base and a large variety of units, switched back to myself, and then readied up a variety of my own units. Now since the bot was already defeated, he was a mindless drone whose units didn't do anything, so I decided to have a "plasma cannon Vengeance half-tracks" head in (it just looks cool) and take out a lone "machine gun Viper wheels". My brother was watching, and the whole time the vehicle was moving into place, he was commenting in a Russian accent, and it was rather funny. THEN, much to my dismay, I realized that I had placed a bunch of those NEXUS plasma artillery sites near the back of his base, and a sensor close by. That unit was decimated just before it could get within range of the Viper, and my brother was all, "Looks like he is actually having very nice day." And yes, I could just see the Viper pilot laughing his ass off behind the wheel. :lol2:
Warriors of the Collective, attack and destroy all who resist The Machine.
Jonix
Trained
Trained

Post by Jonix »

Interesting... VERY interesting!LOL :laughingneq:
Jonix
Jonix
Trained
Trained

Post by Jonix »

I was really happy after achieving a gold star for my second character, THE DUDE XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD !I hosted a game, not knowing that my internet was failing... :annoyed: there was a short crash and the comp said "... has left the game" and so on for the other 6 players so consequently I won :P , strange at the time but it happens from time to time. :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed:
Jonix
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Collective Leader hehe :) I sometimes just do cool looking tanks too :)

Jonix congratulations :) and the things that all players are told that they have left happened to me many times too :)

I remember about year ago it was very popular to make ripples, well it is still now, but then for about month i think that was the only structure they have used ;) It always made me very angry and mad, and here was this game on Squared, I think one of mines already, it was 3 v 3 and our enemy begun to make ripples war. We were a little behind in it, and the flying thing begun to make us crash and push behind and behind. Then I got furious, I set all my five factories into infinite production of hover bug sensors and placed the destination number into one of our enemys base :) The game was far advanced so imagine how those chep tiny tanks in line went through the base into the enemys :) The result was the riples begun to shot at it from many directions, but as we all know, it needs some time to let me say reload so my cuties begun step by step go farer and farer into the base :) and then not only some of my allies units had more movement, as the ripples shot at me, not always at them, but also did our long range weapons begun to finally reach them :) soon the cuties were changed into spectrum cuties and we have won :) The game was called EPIC as it lasted about two hours maybe even more as I remember, and we had a lot of laugh about it :) The best thing was that a good players were involved :)

Regards - Mero
Jonix
Trained
Trained

Post by Jonix »

Cool! Hmm so you get the notorious (I LOVE THAT WORD!) "bug" . too, eh.
Jonix