A short Warzone fiction story.

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
ClockWork
Trained
Trained

A short Warzone fiction story.

Post by ClockWork »

As I am horrible at finishing projects, I decided to warm up by writing a story about the fist mission on Warzone…but from the scavengers point of view.

It was dank, and rusty. Still, it kept the place cool from the beating heat outside. While it was mainly used as an eating establishment, food was quite scarce. Water could be found, but only rarely. Bottles and cans of old pre-war garbage dotted around the other heaps of metal that lay around. Tires for crude seats, car fenders and rotten wood for tables; this could count as high class treatment.

“So Joel,” A gruff man, twice the height then he was large, spouted from his beard and mustache. “Any word ‘bout how ya became so pathetic? Ya worthless bag’o filth.” The smell on him was as bad as his teeth. Tainted yellow, chipped, and missing.

“Oh yeah? Last I heard you was a spineless, wee little worm.” The recipient to the insult replied. “I bet you couldn't pour piss out of’a boot with the instructions on the heel.”

They both harked a laugh, just doing what they do for entertainment. It continued, Joel and Ralphs irrational slander barging itself around as others would slither up remarks about the other. For a time, it was loud and rowdy. Up until a figure opened the door into the makeshift tavern, everybody looked at who walked in.

She was clad in more well versed leathers, dyed the color red. Her brown eyes scanned the room, looking…searching.
“Okay everybody, It looks like we found another oil well.” She assembled their attention as a leader would. “You, you, and you four over there, come with me.” Without even looking back, her spurred boots kicked the door open to leave, waiting rather impatiently. as the guys stood up, they cursed as they had a job to do.

“Well Ralph, we’ll see just what this is all about…another oil rig can’t be too hard to build up.” Joel cracked a smile. “Unless ya got the personality of wallpaper.” He readied himself, grabbing a riffle.

“Eh? Well it’s a shame that your bringing your mother into this. I bet she’s a canker, a sore that won’t go away, that she is.” Ralph blundered a hearty laugh, grabbing his riffle and equipment, before following the others.

The outside nearly blinded them both, the sun scorching hotly, burning the ground. It was a wonder that the dirt hadn’t twisted and crumbled into a cracking, undrivable terrain.
“Okay men,” their leader spoke. “The scouts already drew up a map of where to go. It’s just past our last oil rig base.” They stood loosely, the word ‘attention’ not quite gripping any of the rubbish lot. “And if any of you manage to mess this up…then I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as any of you. Now..get out of my sight.”

Words of complaints, swearing, and the cackling of jokes were made apparent after she had left. Just as they were told to do, they would find this oil rig, and set up a defensive point to deter other scavengers that were around.

“Hey Joel…” Ralphs beard waved passed turned over cars, the wind only blowing dust around. “Let’s say you were as stupid as I though you was, I’d take you how many years to change a light bulb again?”

“How about you have a nice cup’of shut the heck up, what if the other scavengers come ‘roll’n around?” Joel was a bit more serious, Ralph found.
The squad had finally came to their destination. An oil rig wedged inside a large enclosed space. The flat earth was big enough for a real base, the only way to enter it was from a small gap, which was guarded by two high cliffs.

One of the squad members, Mike, noticed something rather…odd. “Hey…what in the world is that…?” The others looked. The gray and green exterior looked much different than anything they had ever encountered. It looked like some strange vehicle, If large enough to plow their cars around like nothing. The body was that of a viper; threatening, warning any predators with a machine gun mounted on the top. The wheels weren't flat, they all noticed. The whole thing looked like it was almost bran new compared to the dump they drove. Against the browns and hard grounds, it looked like a structure bent on staying there, whatever the means necessary. What was worse, it was sitting menacingly next to the oil.

“What in the blimey…what is that thing…?” One of them spoke.

“Hehe, maybe it’s the aliens…could it?” another wasn't entirely sure if he was joking or not.

“I know what it is, it’s target practice. Here, lemme show ya…” some of the others shook their heads, the others laughed, rolling their eyes as he took a shot at it. The bang sounded loudly, the bullet bouncing off the hull. The turret turned in their direction…

They all backed up. Did it just move…? Without missing a beat, this monstrosity began creeping towards them, speedily coming at them with the intention to kill.

“It’s-the fu-…SHOOT IT!” Mike yelled out, backing up as he shot his gun at it. It proved futile, however, as this heavy thing shot an even bigger gun at mike. It was unlike no other, the bullet just evaporated him, pill driving any remains straight into the ground as the body was ripped viciously in half. Joel and Ralph did only what they did best; aiming, and shooting. There was a saying in war, and that was to ask questions later. With the five left, they spread out, shooting at it as it still shot back.

One by one, this gargantuan hulking mass of dangers ran them over, squishing them like a hammer pounding into a tube of tooth paste, the remnants smearing around. Two were left, but from the smoke, it looked like it was pretty torn up. “Joel, Joel!” they hid behind a small villa with holes in it.

“What is it? This thing… what is it! What the heck is it! It…by the gods, it’s not human!” Joel began to shake, it was imminent that their world was being taken over, it seemed.

“Listen, I think it’s almost busted. See? It’s driving around kind’a wonky…” the wheels weren’t responding as good, and the general state of it seemed to be confused. Some chip of sorts or something must have blown, by the looks of it. “If I can distract it, we might be able ta scrap this thing.”

He looked at Ralph like he were crazy. “You…you think you can distract it…?” he took a deep breath. Whatever it was, it was coming right after them. Feeling more settled, he gripped his riffle tightly, and focused himself. “Alright, we might not get another chance at it, let’s do or die!”

With a nod, his buddy was about to dash out over to the opening. Before he did though, he said something. “Hey, You know that monkeys look down at ya, right? Must be because you have all the appeal of a paper cut.” He grinned.

Without waiting for a response, he ran out to the open. The death vehicle swiveled around, taking the bait. Popping out from the side of the building, Joel shouted. “Eat this!” his shot busted a critical component on the vehicle, shutting it down for good. It blew up in a short live fire, Ralph an Joel whooping over the victory. The heat from it was satisfying, much like the sun giving life, it brought joy.

“Wow! Hehe, nice shoot’n Tex…” he shook his head. “You know, we should really ought to go back, and tell-“ a loud shot came from afar. And to his eyes, he saw Ralph fall in a bloody mess, arms tearing apart as his legs suddenly vanished from all the blood covering him. The body fell with a heavy thud, dust kicking its self up. Slowly, very slowly, Joel saw another one of those monstrosities. And another…and another. There were three now. three killing machines. The pure sight of evil began to fill him, a deep fear knowing that he would not make it. He felt petrified to the ground, not even able to lift his gun up to wield. Three machine guns pointed their barrels of laugher and scorn at him, and three blindingly shot soon followed after.

Their base would soon be detected. Every scavenger will form one single banner, under the influence of The New Parigime. And one bloody heck of a war would escalate. Welcome to Warzone.

------------------
A little corny, I know. wrote in in about an hour and a half i think.
Project
Rookie
Rookie

Re: A short Warzone fiction story.

Post by Project »

Nice start. There's a good story in warzone somewhere. Nice to see some fiction wrote about it.
ClockWork
Trained
Trained

Post by ClockWork »

Probably one of my worse works so far, actually. I rushed it this time, just because this particular segment was floating in my head for a while. Maybe I’ll make a revision sometime in the future and expand it. I am happy that it got noticed though. You’d be surprised by how much a writer relies on comments.
brakenfur
Trained
Trained

Post by brakenfur »

nice work can u make a squel i would really like to see that i always wondered what the scavs thought of the project