Who Loves the Music Themes of Warzone 2100? Like I Do

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Who Loves the Music Themes of Warzone 2100? Like I Do

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen :)

How many of you have realised after many hours of playing that warzone themes both first and the second are just amazing ??

The themes have ten years and are not aging at all :)

I dont know I mean the tiltles of the themes and their author, but I admit I didnt look a lot, I have just came across the themes when I was in bus listening to my I Pod and I thought that I have to type this post here :) but I am sure somone knows the tiltles and author :) for me it is called theme 1 theme 2 ... main menu theme :P

Well I love I simply love the first theme, I mean the in game one not in menu, but also the menu theme is somehow amazing and deep, I can almost feel this postnuclear tension of the new world :)

I could listen to the first theme for hours back and back again and I would not get bored :) this music is awesome and hipnotising for me, best fitting the game.. I think the textures, the look can change maybe it even should change, but I really hope they will never try to change the music.

I have to confess that I have very often turned of the warzone music and I am listenig to I tunes during the games or mapmaking but this is only becuse I love music and this is the only way for me to listen to it a lot :)

I like the second theme also it is more aggressive I would say, but for me first one rules :)

Anyway the music is amazing and unforgettable at least for me :)

What do you think gentlemen ?? :)

Here are the music themes from the game. (not including menu music and at least two more themes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G49K1sS-yhE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtgiplRk_ng

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBzEImYnpxM
Last edited by Merowingg on 26 Jan 2013, 12:28, edited 4 times in total.
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
DRAAK
Trained
Trained

Re: Who Loves the Music Themes of Warzone 2100

Post by DRAAK »

track1 = Martin Severn - Nuclear Silence. My favorite track Image

Here the music in high quality: http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone ... 100/Music/
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I am so happy to see that I am not the only one who have noticed and gloryfied the music :)

Yes track 1 is amazing..

Thank you very much for the link :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
LZ compromised
Trained
Trained

Post by LZ compromised »

Yeah, mad props to Martin Severn for Nuclear Silence.
It's strangely fascinating and doesn't wear out or become irritating no matter how much times I listen to it. I'll say that I've gone through a huge deal of ambient/downtempo stuff in my time, and Nuclear Silence has great potential. Top notch stuff right there.

Also, I had no idea there would be .flac versions. Whoever made/found/ripped those, thanks!
"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
—Bill Cosby
meeso
Trained
Trained

Post by meeso »

WZ music is about the best game music i've ever encountered, and i do listen to it sometimes without being playing. i looked for other compositions by Martin Severn but never found anything on the internet, and few info about him anyway.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I agree LZ Compromised no matter how long I play and hear it in background, or just listen to it, so called Track 1 can be listened by me for hours over and over again without making me tired or irritaded by it, excellent work of the creator for long lasting strategic game like Warzone :)

Well I have the music from a source :) And you can laways convert flac into MP3 but lose its quality..

Meeso I listen to it without playing too :) The music is indeed amazing :) Well I thout we know more about the songs and the author.. :) At least first track is named and with author by DRAAK :)

Regards - Mero
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

I remember the first time I managed to get to second campaign when I was a kid and got to hear the second track. Track 2 has been my absolute favourite since then. The newly added track from the psx version is also excellent.
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Very good :) I see we have a fan of the second track :) It is amazing too :)
The newly added track from the psx version is also excellent.
what do you mean by that ?? is there another music ?? or I simply misunderstood :)

Regards - Mero
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

I too am a big fan of Martin Severn's PS1 exclusive WZ track that was recently added to the distro. It's inspired me to a couple compositions of my own.

Very interesting guy btw, Martin Severn.

Here's a nice bio of his game work the last couple decades:

http://www.mobygames.com/developer/shee ... erId,1532/

And something of a homage, aggregation, of his work:

http://www.last.fm/music/Martin+Severn

A few years ago, after Pivotal Games went belly-up, Martin and another member (think it was Nick Cooke or Jim Bambra) from the original Pumpkin WZ Team formed a small SF company specializing in Mobility apps like for the iPhone.

- RV :ninja:

Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Rman Virgil thank you for the links, you are a good researcher I see :)

Well the music is indeed inspiring..

Regards - Mero
Cribban
New user

Post by Cribban »

Getting back into the game and hearing the music just makes me remember all of those hours I spent playing the game back in 2000 (hours not wasted mind you :wink: ) Going back now serveral years later brings back alot of happy memories! :D
NEXUS
Trained
Trained

Post by NEXUS »

I love the music in the PSX verison best, but the PC version has very good music too :)

Its great for playing the game, and it fits the mood of the game very well.
My nicknames - Mattbrit -> TankMaster -> Dr Reed -> ??? :)
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Gentlemen :)

Cribban :) I feel exactly the same :) The music very often reminds me about PSX version, and good old times..

NEXUS :) Here I also agree, it fits the game just perfect.. I listen to it on my I Pod very often and somehow a post nuclear world appear in my head :)

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Music :)

Very good music :)

By the way :) Greetings to guy/s who work on new versions :)

Regards - Mero
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

Personally, I found some tracks from other games, like Supreme Commander or Total Annihilation, more befitting the situations that you might face in this game (whether it's eerily quiet or a battle is ensuing). By the way, a long time ago, before I knew that this thread here existed, I started this thread in the lounge to discuss pretty much the same thing.
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100