How did you get involved with warzone?

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
macuser
Regular
Regular

How did you get involved with warzone?

Post by macuser »

This topic is about how those who are involved in the warzone community got involved. I'll start.

I was browsing the internet looking for a nice open-source RTS and i found wz2100. I downloaded it it and played through the campaign. I thought to myself this is a nice enough game. Well that was about 2 years ago. I got involved as an active player on Free Allegiance a FPS space game with a BIG learning curve. A few months later i was playing on one of my old mac laptops and tried to run wz2100 on it. It would only run ver 1.something. So I posted in the forum for help. After a while of being on the forum with such a great community, I thought I would like to help out with an Art revolution website. The collaboration and all in this community was very encouraging. After doing the website I looked for more ways to help and have since gotten a LOT more experience in modeling and texturing than what I had before. this was my first post: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4956&hilit=mac+10.4+crash#p50339

So I encourage those of you who have talents (and who doesnt) to help out in the community. Because not only does it help the game we all know and love, but it helps you develop new skills ;) .

-Regards macuser

PS. can't wait to here other ppl's stories :)
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Re: How did you get involved with warzone?

Post by Saberuneko »

I played the original wz2100 on PS1, I gave it to a friend, and never came back. Some day, I remembered wz2100, and tried to search and download it somewhere, what surprise I had, when I found http://wz2100.net !!
My first post was done as a guest, then I registered using the same name as the guest.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4466

Looking further, I saw that the spanish tranlation was missing some parts and others were wrong, when I realized that I really could give a hand on that, I didn't doubt about helping.
My first attempt at translation. (Editing the .po as a .txt file, X3 Epic Fail)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4564
brakenfur
Trained
Trained

Post by brakenfur »

i only joined the forms not to long but i have been playing wz2100 for about a year. I first found on the first day of middle school when one of my friends told about warzone and how great it is. later than night i donlowed it and been a total addict from that piont on. i have been helping by finging and reporting bugs since 2.2.1
Powzone
Trained
Trained

Post by Powzone »

I started playing it at a friends house on the PSX and liked it a lot. Then it was forgotten... About 2 years later I saw an TV advertisement for "Play the Games Vol.3" including WZ! :D As I was low on money, I asked some friends to put our funds together to buy the game box. It was something around 40DM (~20€) and we were 4 guys, everyone wanting other games from the box. After that I kept Dungeon Keeper II, Sportscar GT & Warzone 2100. After that I had always a copy of WZ on my system. Around 3 years ago I found this site and I was very happy, that developement is continued now as open source. I made 2 or 3 tracks for the game, as the music was missing. After replaying the campaign for the millionth time, I'm starting to play online every now & then and noticed, that I'm not good!! :D
Arch / Intel Core i9 12900 / 32GB RAM / NVidia RTX2070 Super
Alpha93
Trained
Trained

Post by Alpha93 »

I played the Demo back in 1999, bought the game 1 or 2 years after on the glorious grey Sony box known as PSX. I kept playing it on PSX for like 3 or 4 years, then I found out about Wz2100.net, and that's how I got there (I joined this community back when Wz was at 2.1 latest stable version was 2.0.7 or so lol). I always loved this game, since I discovered it, even tho the graphics aren't the best out there.
Xfire-->chris37killer
zarulhairee
Trained
Trained

Post by zarulhairee »

i got a copy of this game free in this site around year 2002-2004(dont remember exactly)

i where browsing in wikipedia in list of game till i saw the name warzone 2100 in the list. at first i just put it all in my collection till i open it and read then gone to this page downloaded it and play. i started join the forum in the year 2010 i guess.
ENEMY OF ENEMY WITHIN ENEMY THAT LIES BETWEEN ENEMY THAT TRIES TO UNFOLD AN ENEMY SO THAT THE ENEMY WILL THINK IT'S ENEMY IS AWAY FROM THE ENEMY HOME WORLD THEN AFTER THE ENEMY WORLD

wanna add me on Google talk? go ahead :D

[email protected]
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Post by Saberuneko »

I'd really love to hear the version of some of the main devs. :3 :3 :3