PC vs PS1

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Myrmidon
New user

PC vs PS1

Post by Myrmidon »

To those of you who played Warzone on the Playstation one like myself, it was considered a classic for the platform and I still own it to this day and occasinally enjoy playing it. But after getting the PC version about a week ago, I noticed some very different changes, like sounds and music for example sounding alot clearer and graphics alot better too, well, you get that from a PC anyway lol. But just playing the 1st mission on Alpha both on PC and PS1, the units gain expierience a HELL of alot quicker on the PS1 just for killing a few scavenger soldiers and the units themselves take alot less damage than that of the PC, hence my confusion when I sent 5 Machine Gun Viper wheels at a Scavenger base to watch me lose lol, where as on the PS1 that was a breeze as well as the rest of the time early on. I never did get to grips with using a controller for an RTS, played Halo Wars? It works there but for Warzone it was just a bit to much going on for it to work in later levels where micro managing is essential to success on most missions if not all. You die alot quicker on the PC but get better graphics, sound and the added usage of a mouse. But with the PS1 the gameplays easier, more forgiving but lesser graphics and no mouse. :? I mean what you guys think, is there a reason for this or was it on purpose? :)
Your attacks upon us will not go unpunished...you are in contrevention with the 'New Paradiym'Image
Vision1084
Greenhorn

Re: PC vs PS1

Post by Vision1084 »

Are you playing this version of Warzone 2100 or the boxed version that came out in 1999?

If you are playing this version there have been numerous changes. For example I have noticed the difficulty seems a fair bit harder than I remember playing it all those years ago.
Myrmidon
New user

Post by Myrmidon »

Its this version which I downloaded here, I forgot to point that out ^^;;
Your attacks upon us will not go unpunished...you are in contrevention with the 'New Paradiym'Image
3drts
Trained
Trained

Post by 3drts »

I never played the PS1 version, but the experience gain for alpha 1 is the same with the current version, and the version I played back in 1999.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Experience calculations are quite precise and transparent. You can experiment a little to find out if it has really changed. (:
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Yeah, there's some sort of bug that's causing the campaign to be much harder than it used to be, and we really can't figure out what's causing it. :(
theArmourer
Trained
Trained

Post by theArmourer »

I'm doing the campaign, and finding it to be, much easier than I remember. Having a high level commander(elite), I think makes it alot easier.
~theArmourer
Project
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Project »

I played the PS1 version and still have it. You were capped at how many buildings you could make and it had no skirmish mode. It also lagged on some missions, mostly the big ones.

Currently going to give the PC version a go. No lag, yay!