VTOL trucks/sensors source [file deleted, now useless thread

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
bendib
Regular
Regular

VTOL trucks/sensors source [file deleted, now useless thread

Post by bendib »

Hi there. Some people are mad at me for my abiity to make flying trucks and sensors, and one person (joshdrunkonwar)
suggested that I publish this mod. I did write some of my other abilites, but this is an old but compatible piece of source from either 2.3.3 or 2.3.4, not sure which. Just replace the existing design.c and compile away. Works on 2.3.4 and 2.3.5 at least. I wanted to publish my ability to build objects close to each other, but this would obviously be badly abused, since that mod also allows for derricks created from thin air. I didn't write this particular file, but I have written the others, which is why they are so uncontrollable and will not be published. For Linux I may also add a link for a precompiled blob with this mod.

EDIT: lav_coyote has deleted the source file on this thread. It is now worthless. I do not agree with his actions, but it is not my job to question the moderator.
Last edited by bendib on 27 Sep 2010, 08:10, edited 2 times in total.
Also known as Subsentient.
chekwob
Rookie
Rookie

Re: VTOL trucks/sensors source

Post by chekwob »

2.3.4, but it looks like nothing changed in design.c between 2.3.3 and 2.3.4

Also, 2.3.4 -> 2.3.5 changed a line from:

Code: Select all

return _("Transporter");
to:

Code: Select all

return _("Transport");
Thin ice is the most exciting when you swing at it with a pickaxe.
bendib
Regular
Regular

Re: VTOL trucks/sensors source

Post by bendib »

Nice to hear from you chekwob. If you like, I can email you a revised keybind.c which gives you all debug commands, not just a few like our old code.. The only things is that pausing in multiplayer really PAUSES multiplayer.

EDIT: come to think of it, I think I already sent you revision 1. You still have messages to remove in that one that I forgot to take out. Current is revision 2.
Also known as Subsentient.
JDW
Regular
Regular

Re: VTOL trucks/sensors source [file deleted, now useless th

Post by JDW »

bendib wrote:EDIT: lav_coyote has deleted the source file on this thread. It is now worthless. I do not agree with his actions, but it is not my job to question the moderator.
What the moderator did was his job. Look at end of the Addons page, you'll see that there are mods on that page. When I said that you should make a mod, I meant something like those mods. :)

Anyhow, if what you plan on changing is not possible by simply making a mod, then perhaps you could make a fork of the project, as long as you take care of the copyright and license issues (which I have not much knowledge about). But I know that you are allowed to do so since the license is GPL. Someone else here would perhaps tell you what exactly you are permitted to modify and distribute.

And then you can even host your own lobby server where people can cheat, because as you said, this is what you wished was someday possible. And I recall you mentioning that you have a server as well, so it can't be that hard. Good luck. :)
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
chekwob
Rookie
Rookie

Post by chekwob »

File deleted? What for?
Thin ice is the most exciting when you swing at it with a pickaxe.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

chekwob wrote:File deleted? What for?

cheats
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

:annoyed:
Ok, listen up, we don't allow trainers, we don't allow cheats, we don't allow anything that can ruin the game for other players.

I do not understand why this is so hard to understand.

Both of you are skating on thin ice. :annoyed:
Last edited by lav_coyote25 on 28 Sep 2010, 05:35, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: large letters is yelling - we dont yell here.
and it ends here.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

Buginator wrote::annoyed:
Ok, listen up, we don't allow trainers, we don't allow cheats, we don't allow anything that can ruin the game for other players.

I do not understand why this is so hard to understand.

Both of you are skating on thin ice. :annoyed:
calm - crosslegged and ommmmmmmmmmmmmmm. you will pop a vein!! and as others have said its not right to lock topics. dont say it!! i already know. but if you do this one,.... you know where that leads. :annoyed: oh and no yelling either... red is ok... just no large letters. :)