Who Loves the Woman's Voice of the Computer ??

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: Who Loves the Woman's Voice of the Computer ??

Post by NoQ »

This is not random, there's a study that found out that a male pilot will pay more attention if the alert is given with a female voice.
Yeah, another good point (:
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Finaly the topic moved on :)

Well in a car games there is sometimes an option to chose male or female pilot voice :) I always turn on female :)

Generally female turns me on :P :)

I think her voice in Warzone is just excellent idea :)

Also in a movie Resident Evil the main computer is female :) of a girl, which by the way speaks poosh formal English :)

Even "mission failed" in multiplayer especially, dont make me angry :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

@Saberuneko - depends if the man is married or not, if he's married he gradually develops a "nagging wife immunity". :p

Anyway, what about using the "On our way" VTOL voice when a derrek is placed (except when it's done via first selecting the derrek blueprint from the construct menu)? It would provide feedback without spamming the console, and remember that there is also visual feedback of the green hologram over the oil well.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Good question :)

By the way :) We forgot about those sentences she speaks also but are not very popular becuse players just only send units, hope using at least shortcuts :) and do nothing more.. only the easiest way.. Well I am speaking about "assigned to sensor" and even less popular.. almost dying.. "assign to caommander"

Some people ask me why i use commanders ?? well I use them becuse I like them I am not crazy about winning the game I want to have fun :) some dont even know what is commander for :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

One of the best features of commanders is that damaged units return to the group after they visit repair station.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Post by Saberuneko »

aubergine wrote:One of the best features of commanders is that damaged units return to the group after they visit repair station.
Oh!!! They do now? :3
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

They seem to, yes. Although I rarely use commanders.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

:) yes nice feature :) and also the one that units produced in particular factory go to particular commander on the battlefield :)

By the way, whose voice is used when attacking with vtols ?? sorry if I had asked stupid question..

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

One of the best features of commanders is that damaged units return to the group after they visit repair station.
I don't think it matters a lot. What's more important is that they double the experience you get and make the units assigned to them more powerful with their experience.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

yes that is good feature, commanders have options that we have never even dreamed of ;)

Regards - Mero
Project
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Project »

Commanders are good however they create bottlenecks when damaged units try to flee. Also, if the commanders damages THEY ALL pull back together unless you deselect them all but then you need to reassign them all.
Mats
Trained
Trained

Post by Mats »

A woman's voice is going to have sex with you guys... Get over it.
Full of ideas - Most are probably useless. Feel free to ignore them :)
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Well I dont know what to say.. :) It would be technically hard I suppose :)

I just wanted to admire the intonation and how it sounds itself :)

But ok lets put sex to it ;)

Gentlemen why there is a male speaker when ordering vtols ?? maybe a computer with femal voice again should say something very posh and computerslike like "all units assigned" or "target redy to be neutralised" ??

:)

Regards - Mero
brakenfur
Trained
Trained

Post by brakenfur »

yeah no stupid male voice bring the female
NEXUS
Trained
Trained

Post by NEXUS »

I like the voice, it is relaxing nad not annoying.
My nicknames - Mattbrit -> TankMaster -> Dr Reed -> ??? :)