Do you want these features to be implemented in warzone?

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
DFStormbringer
Trained
Trained

Re: Do you want these features to be implemented in warzone?

Post by DFStormbringer »

if i recall thats the primary argument of most abandonware sites... yet the governemts reply when a lawsuit is brought up in regards to the matter is that cobyrights are still in effect up to 100 years after the company bombs out..

weathr this is true or not.. i dont know.. both the government and the abandonware site both throw out rinteresting points but i dont know the legal details so i mainly streay from those sites.. not to mention "most" abandonware sites are virus infected.
-= Dare not meddle within the affairs of we dragons for you are crunchy and flavor well with bbq sauce =-

-=Build a man a fire and hes warm for a night. Set a man on fire and hes warm for the rest of his life=-
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Wonder if there exist DOSbox viri that infect selfcompiled Linux systems...
Giel
Regular
Regular

Post by Giel »

DevUrandom wrote: Wonder if there exist DOSbox viri that infect selfcompiled Linux systems...
huh? is this off/on-topic ? I don't understand in what context to see this statement.
"First make sure it works good, only then make it look good." -- Giel
Want to tip/donate? bitcoin:1EaqP4ZPMvUffazTxm7stoduhprzeabeFh
KBlair
New user

Post by KBlair »

Navy systems sound like a good idea, but would require some extra model/codework, not to mention an original way to implement them that works. =)

In fact, this interests me a bit. I think I shall snoop around the source for a tad. :P
Watermelon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Watermelon »

KBlair wrote: Navy systems sound like a good idea, but would require some extra model/codework, not to mention an original way to implement them that works. =)

In fact, this interests me a bit. I think I shall snoop around the source for a tad. :P
the propulsion/water tile block code should be easy enough,but the multi-tile nature of capital ships will make tile x,y update trickier and collision detection harder,since the naval droids are not going to have exactly same 'width' and 'height' on map tiles like ground droids/buildings.
tasks postponed until the trunk is relatively stable again.
basher5_2
Rookie
Rookie

Post by basher5_2 »

i do like the sound of a navy and helicopters that would be nice and maybe we could add a 4th and 5th campaign that would recommend you go to other countires it would be nice
Sonsalt
Trained
Trained

Post by Sonsalt »

I would love the have mines ;)
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

well... if you were able to get the 1.12 mod for the original and redo everything.... there are mines in that... (land mines)  ...
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
Sonsalt
Trained
Trained

Post by Sonsalt »

I would love to, but I just don't know how  :-[
Kayiaxo
Trained
Trained

Post by Kayiaxo »

I find point 3 and 5 interesting to implement.
Especially point 5 is very interesting to keep trained units alive.
Credits to Kacen for making the image.
Watermelon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Watermelon »

Kayiaxo wrote: I find point 3 and 5 interesting to implement.
Especially point 5 is very interesting to keep trained units alive.
Unfortunately I am already withdrawn from modifying the source,since I am basically wasting my time making changes to it,because they get obsoleted too quickly and they will never see the light because of lack of interests.
tasks postponed until the trunk is relatively stable again.
Kayiaxo
Trained
Trained

Post by Kayiaxo »

That's pretty sad because I like those features and from checking the choices of the other people in this thread there are quite a few who would like to have these things implemented as well.  :(
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Watermelon wrote: Unfortunately I am already withdrawn from modifying the source,since I am basically wasting my time making changes to it,because they get obsoleted too quickly and they will never see the light because of lack of interests.
* In what way made "obsolete" ?

* "Lack of interest..." ?

* Watermelon.... even when the WZ community had some 20,000 registered members & Pumpkin was putting out major patches every 4 weeks there were at best maybe 24 vocal members out of that 20 k that expressed interest.

* Over the years NEWST had many, many, registered members in our public bbs but maybe only a dozen vocals. We'd get a lot of lurkers (tens of thousands) some of which would  speak up at our regular IRCs or ICQs though they would never, ever, post or even register for that matter.

* But the real revelation was when we had releases of mods (pseudo patches) , ais, maps, Mangodai Campaighn teasers or member created utilities.... I'd look at our download statistics for a given dl and 40,000 was common...

* So.... go figure....

* IMHO.... if your work did see the light of day the dl statistics would be in the 5 figures..... though you might only see a dozen posts or so in appreciation... just the nature of the beast for almost 10 years...

Cheers, /V\I/R\G/I\L/ :)

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Kayiaxo
Trained
Trained

Post by Kayiaxo »

I agree with Rman Virgil.

I've been lurking around a lot (few weeks already) and only joined now the forums.
There are a lot of things I would like to see in wz however not everything is realisable (I think) so I don't talk about it ... yet.
Maybe once the devs putted in a lot of stuff I will see if they want put some more :P
Serman
Trained
Trained

Post by Serman »

Watermelon wrote: 1.finite ammo,rearm turret etc
2.the ability to disable techshare and design completely via script function
3.selectable factions in mp screen,defined in .slo/.vlo
4.infantry/navy/jet/helicopter units/propulsion/buildings
5.component armor(increases HP and armor) and component brain(advanced AI for commander and individual units)
1. sounds pretty good. and also, make a research item "Self-Rearm" which in other words means, unlimited ammo.
2. i don't really know what you mean by that.
3. good idea too, though i think that NEXUS over New Paradigm would have the advantage.
4. we have cyborgs for that/we have hovercrafts for that/VTOL's for that/hard to make, since the propulsion isn't animated./dont know what you mean about the last two
5. good idea. good for a research item, then from a certain place in the menu, you assign certain units to have that. costs a certain amount of power.