Is it possible to kick players during the game?

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
KukY
Regular
Regular

Re: Is it possible to kick players during the game?

Post by KukY »

j0shdrunk0nwar wrote:I kind of have a bad feeling about this though. Just hoping that it won't be misused.
To add, I also agree with this. I can already see a childish host kicking someone because he destroyed few of his undefended trucks :annoyed:
3drts wrote:I have highly suspected some people of cheating, but some cheating is less obvious.
True. I have expected ocurrencies in which MGs were incredibly strong, destroying everything in it's path. That was that.
crycrytax
Rookie
Rookie

Post by crycrytax »

I am glad that such option is being implemented into the future versions of the game
What also pisses me off and it is a much more difficult problem to resolve, is when a person hosts a game and after a while of losing the game and seeing that the oponent is a good player, the host quits and the game ends.
It is so frustrating when you play 30min of MP and suddenly a host ends the game for everyone. One solution I came up with
was that in order for a game to end/host quitting, the majority of the players would have to agree that it is okay. But than again someone could turn their computer off and ervything goes to waste.

Moreover, if there were cheaters during the game than the majority would not be reached, since cheaters would want to continue playing.
My game handle is McCallister. I play mostly from 7pm -10pm Eastern Time. My WZ server is called "Good Times Server"
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

For what it is worth, if you can't trust the host, then don't play with that host.

I know this can be abused by hosts that are wimps, but, it is as crycrytax said, if a person gets in your game, and starts to abuse it, now, you have the option of kicking them.

There is also no real fix for the host dropping the game when they exit. The host is the key to everyone else, so if they go down, then there isn't anything you can do about it to recover.
It was said in the past that people didn't know that quitting the game caused the game to be over for everyone, and that is why we put that huge text that says if you quit, the game will end for everyone. These type of individuals just don't care. :roll:
and it ends here.
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

3drts wrote:<quote truncated>

Then there is the player Fenrir, he accused me of cheating because I built VTOLs, when the previous game he had left them on, and been told and shown he left them on. In the lobby to that game, I asked him to keep them on....
Luckily, he was not a quitter, just a trash talker, and kept accusing me of cheating the whole game.
I think saying someone is stupid for not building VTOL, AA or cyborg transports could be considered trash talking, too.
3drts wrote: I'm not sure if he meant "hacker cheating" or "breaking the agreed upon rules" cheating.
He meant "breaking the agreed upon rules" cheating, not "cracker cheating".
3drts wrote: Its also worth noting he didn't declare "NO VTOLS" in the game title, he didn't tell me no vtols (he did ask why I wanted them kept on though, but did not respond to me reasons), his ally claimed he told everyone in the start, or at least responded no vtols when asked.... but he was asked on team chat, and the response, while public, was simply "OFF"
I wasn't going to ask "what is off" as that would reveal one party was communicating privately, while the other wasnt, and I like to listen in to other team's discussions if possible.
So he didn't communicate well enough, and it wasn't convenient for you to check that there wasn't a miscommunication.

I should have asked with ally chat off, though...
3drts wrote: Besides, he had far too many stars, to not know about structure limits, and he had been well informed/reminded about what they were set to, in the previous game when ppl started complaining that he lied and VTOLs were in fact ON, and then I asked him to keep them on.
I don't understand the reason for not setting them in the limits screen.
3drts wrote: So he calls me a cheater for using VTOLs, when initially I was sort of teasing him that he left them on again with only several lancer armed vtols to show him they were on, and give him a chance to prepare
All he does is spout off crap about being a cheater and it being a no vtol game.
so I humor him and dont attack with VTOLs, and limit myself to only cyborg transports, and build a howitzer firebase on the left plateau of NTW.

Then I commence fire on his ripple batteries, and he again spouts off about me being a cheater, building in an "unreachable" area, and how he has no way to retaliate/ its impossible to retaliate.
He goes on about how he can't retaliate and its cheating.
Meanwhile I think to myself.. has this guy ever heard of CB?
I tell him its no unreachable, and he can retaliate, but if he's such a noob he doesn't know how, I'm not going to tell him
As he takes ground shaker fire, he continues to build ripples in lines/high density formations, and no CB,
Each ground-shaker would fire a shot, a few ripples would be lost to the ground-shaker shot, the ground-shaker would be destroyed by CB, the trucks building the ground-shakers weren't damaged, rinse and repeat. So CB was useful, but not enough, since CB can't target trucks building ground-shakers next to the base, where the sensors can't do anything at all about it until it fires and does lots of splash.

He knows how to reach the platform, but if not having researched anything VTOL-related, it takes some time to research, and by that time the game was as good as over.
3drts wrote: <quote truncated>
Therion
New user

Post by Therion »

I can see how this may get abused so heres an easy(ish) solution
when the host has a kick player option there should be a vote: if half or so wants the player kicked then it works and player gets kicked if not normal gameplay continues as it should. This way the host has support and doesnt look like a whiny loser
As for the host cancelling on everyone i can sort of sympathize(??) if it happens within th first 30 or so minutes of a game when everyone is sort of equally matched. No one wants to sit around at their computer for 2+ hours while a match continues waiting to hop in again but, i can see why its unfair too for the other players
Maybe allow it to run like another instance or something idk
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Therion wrote:I can see how this may get abused so heres an easy(ish) solution
when the host has a kick player option there should be a vote: if half or so wants the player kicked then it works and player gets kicked if not normal gameplay continues as it should. This way the host has support and doesnt look like a whiny loser
As for the host cancelling on everyone i can sort of sympathize(??) if it happens within th first 30 or so minutes of a game when everyone is sort of equally matched. No one wants to sit around at their computer for 2+ hours while a match continues waiting to hop in again but, i can see why its unfair too for the other players
Maybe allow it to run like another instance or something idk
No. Lots of people proposed that, but it is actually horrible. Waiting for players to respond if they want a player kicked... This way host has the full and fast control over kicking. It's your problem if you can't find a normal host who won't kick you for doing something he doesn't like.
Therion
New user

Post by Therion »

hmm now that i give it some thought i suppose it is a bad idea
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Give people power and they will want more power..

I also think the ability to kick people during the game is bad

Then for example the losing host, would kick suddenly the player who is winning over him.. or the players..

Or just kick people just to win..

Or kick becuse someone said somethng inappropriate according to the host..
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
chekwob
Rookie
Rookie

Post by chekwob »

Even if this weren't implemented officially, it still could have been implemented by server hosts.

Edit: I've had in-game kick for a while anyways.
Last edited by chekwob on 20 Sep 2010, 23:29, edited 1 time in total.
Thin ice is the most exciting when you swing at it with a pickaxe.
NEXUS
Trained
Trained

Post by NEXUS »

This has the posibility to be severely abused by players that claim that a person is "cheating", or in other words kick people from games that just becasue they are losing.
My nicknames - Mattbrit -> TankMaster -> Dr Reed -> ??? :)
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Yes, if host was enabled to kick players it would become unavoidable..
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Name_LM
New user

Post by Name_LM »

I have 2 suggestions to solve this question :

1. Relative to the kicking out of a player during the game
I agree with the above discussions,
HOWEVER : if a player suddenly loses the connection, a box displaying "zzzz" appears, and everyone gets stuck ! In this occasion, which is not so rare for what I could experience, I consider a good option to allow the host kicking off that player.
PRACTICALLY, I would see it so : if the "zzzz" box has been displayed constantly for more than, lets say, 1 minute, then this box gets activated for the host with the option to kick this player out.

2. Relative to the host quitting and ending everyone's game
If you already hosted a game where you lost early in the game, you can agree with me that it is frustrating to sit there with nothing to do than just waiting for a possible game end, in a timing on which you have no visibility.
My suggestion is thus to give full map visibility to the host once he lost, so that he can follow troop movements and enjoy the game, like a spectator in the stands looking at a match.

I hope this contribution is useful.