salute from a soldier

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
codybuff10
Rookie
Rookie

salute from a soldier

Post by codybuff10 »

I want to thank all of you who have put in OVERWELMING hours of development into this game. i remember the PS1 version of the game back in 1999. only thing it had was a campaign mode. and i beat it like a bazillion times lol. Now it has new turrets and new versions of the game. I like how now you can play as a scav. thats freaking AWESOME! :3 you guys are so impressive. But what i want to know from you developers: what motivates you to spend so much time on this game? and how do multiple people work on this game and have never met each other? does any of yaw have degrees :lecture: in video game engineering? how do you learn how to do this stuff? I would love to do this stuff and help out but i dont know anything about games and plus im in Afghanistan right now Serving as a soldier in Operation Enduring Freedom :ninja: . This game is what passes my time here and i want to say thanks again guys! HOOAH!
banson
Rookie
Rookie

Re: salute from a soldier

Post by banson »

im no developer but id have to say, part of the reason they have put alot into this game is its fun factor and flexibility. alot of the old games rock, u just cant keep em all alive with out the ability to mod them and make them like u would have wanted when u did play it..
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

Sure the game is great the problem is the times move forward fast and the game cant keep up,it becomes more and more limited in my view.If only it had modern features in but no one got time or want to bother with it.Cant say i blame them.Sooner or later devs will drop it all together,you'll see.
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Tenoh wrote:Sure the game is great the problem is the times move forward fast and the game cant keep up,it becomes more and more limited in my view.If only it had modern features in but no one got time or want to bother with it.Cant say i blame them.Sooner or later devs will drop it all together,you'll see.
What sort of modern features are you looking for? o_O

We recently added sensor visualization. Other than that, the engine is pretty modern.
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

Yet it cant handle whole map filled with units like other games huh?Modern stuff like a truck being able to build on the spot where it standing for once cause i dont see a reason why its in red,truck got wheels it can move you know.Or the unit going to exact spot i click it to go and not 5 tiles before that,always pisses me off.And ofcourse defense tower templates that you refuse to do for years >_>.
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

so learn to program and dont complain about not being able to - you can learn right?? so help out already!! :annoyed:
bravoleaderx
Trained
Trained

Post by bravoleaderx »

yeah thank u developers for all the time u've put in. i'm nos soldier but i greatly appreciate it
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

lol all i could ever learned to program was basic for tv comp,it was in early 90's,C++ didnt go well with me :p
all i know here are some scripts and some idea about how to add stuff to the game.