Bugged up skirmish - Can you find the enemy?

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
WarTux
Trained
Trained

Bugged up skirmish - Can you find the enemy?

Post by WarTux »

I was playing a skirmish game against 3 AIs on Sk-Rush2, and I destroyed all of my opponents and their bases. Only problem was that the game was being kept alive by a "ghost" VTOL produced by Black. O_o I seriously went all the way to Satellite Uplink Center to try to find this guy. Here's my savegame archive (had to upload it externally, couldn't compress it under that pesky 100 KB attachment limit): http://drop.io/wlsienc.
Warzone nicknames: WarTux[BDC], ChuckNorris-BDC, DeathStar, etc.
Part of the Black Dragon Clan; apply today, we welcome most! :3
On the Warzone IRC channel you can find me hanging out with the BDC dudes or messing with the bot.
JDW
Regular
Regular

Re: Bugged up skirmish - Can you find the enemy?

Post by JDW »

WarTux wrote:I seriously went all the way to Satellite Uplink Center to try to find this guy.
Did you try calling out Marco and waiting to hear Polo? :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
WarTux
Trained
Trained

Post by WarTux »

j0shdrunk0nwar wrote:Did you try calling out Marco and waiting to hear Polo? :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
Nope! :wink: I even tried "surrender" (because, with one VTOL, there is no possible chance of winning), and the AI didn't respond! :P
On the Warzone IRC channel you can find me hanging out with the BDC dudes or messing with the bot.
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Since that one VTOL isn't atacking you, it means it's out of ammo. Now where would a VTOL go if it needed to rearm and there were no rearming pads available? :hmm:

It's probably a bug.
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Post by Saberuneko »

Since that one VTOL isn't atacking you, it means it's out of ammo. Now where would a VTOL go if it needed to rearm and there were no rearming pads available? :hmm:
It just usually lands where it is after launching the last missile/ammo.
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Saberuneko wrote:
It just usually lands where it is after launching the last missile/ammo.
Oh, ok, i never really had a chance to come across this scenario. Thanks Saberuneko.
-- Ambrose Bierce
Outlaw325
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Outlaw325 »

I managed to bust the VTOL. Just get a Ripple rockets up, and a scattering of sensor towers around the map. Judging where the turret fired, the VTOL was towards the west (he was actually hiding on one of your cybrog factories, the cheeky bugger!)
Overkill- So rarely needed, so often fun.
WarTux
Trained
Trained

Post by WarTux »

Outlaw325 wrote:I managed to bust the VTOL. Just get a Ripple rockets up, and a scattering of sensor towers around the map. Judging where the turret fired, the VTOL was towards the west (he was actually hiding on one of your cybrog factories, the cheeky bugger!)
LOL! :lol2: Found him! XD
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Saberuneko wrote:[A VTOL without ammo] just usually lands where it is after launching the last missile/ammo.
Actually, I think that if the HQ is still alive, it'll retreat to HQ. It only lands where it is if both all VTOL pads and HQ are down.
WarTux wrote:LOL! :lol2: Found him! XD
Hah, I knew it wasn't a bug. For future reference, once you have Uplink Center, zooming the map to max size usually helps pinpoint stray units.
Verin
Trained
Trained

Post by Verin »

What made the vtol land on the factory? O_o
My multiplayer name is Verin
Usually in ideas and suggestions.
I Am also an ASE certified technician.
WarTux
Trained
Trained

Post by WarTux »

Zarel wrote:For future reference, once you have Uplink Center, zooming the map to max size usually helps pinpoint stray units.
I tried that, but since the VTOL was IN the cyborg factory, all I saw was green green green! :geek:
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Outlaw325 wrote:Just get a Ripple rockets up, and a scattering of sensor towers around the map. Judging where the turret fired, the VTOL was towards the west (he was actually hiding on one of your cybrog factories, the cheeky bugger!)
I think we just had WZ2100's first-ever Where's Waldo? :lol2:
WarTux wrote:
Zarel wrote:For future reference, once you have Uplink Center, zooming the map to max size usually helps pinpoint stray units.
I tried that, but since the VTOL was IN the cyborg factory, all I saw was green green green! :geek:
I thought that the enemy blips override anything else on the radar. :hmm:
-- Ambrose Bierce
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Outlaw325 wrote:he was actually hiding on one of your cybrog factories
Zarel wrote:Hah, I knew it wasn't a bug.
If that wasn't a bug, what is it then? XD
-- Ambrose Bierce
Outlaw325
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Outlaw325 »

I've had this happen before, 'cept I had a whole load of AA up so I didn't even see him. I think the tops of buildings don't collide with objects, which could explain why it was able to land INSIDE your factory rather than on top of it. Kinda like how your weapons fire doesn't hit your buildings when fired through it.

Maybe this could be fixed by a little tweak hear and there, who knows?
Overkill- So rarely needed, so often fun.
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

selena wrote:i tried it once but i surrender.. i don't know where to find the he enemy too..
if any one here who already found who to defeat.. please tell me.. i will play again and try to defeat it though..
Use the truck and demolish all the Cyborg factories, the enemy is hiding in one of them :)
-- Ambrose Bierce