Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
JDW
Regular
Regular

Re: Newbie

Post by JDW »

Zarel wrote:BlueMaxima, isn't that one of the things I told you to do like a year ago? :P "Write a manual" means "describe every screen of the game that isn't self-explanatory".
A year ago? :(
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
ken4168
New user

Post by ken4168 »

Well I too am new, but I tried about forty games on skirmish and can not win one. I'm not sure if the easy/ hard slider is to make it harder for me or the AI. I think there should be more detailed explanation on the skirmish mode settings. But this game is well developed and the tech tree is nicely complicated. Nice job! :?
Assault Gunner
Trained
Trained

Post by Assault Gunner »

The lower you set the difficulty on the AI, the less bonuses it has over you.
"There is no greater Void than the one between your ears." - Void Ray, StarCraft 2.
Especially the Void between the ears of people who think that No VTOL is a good idea, and won't lead to arty wars. I've won one, and I have to say: I hated it.
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Most FAQ on the MP hosting lobby:
How do I change my game name?
Or at least that's what I've seen. And then everyone tries to explain to the new player, how it's done. Every time :)
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce