[MP] The way you play warzone.

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
NoQ
Special
Special

[MP] The way you play warzone.

Post by NoQ »

Any hosts around here? XD

Let's share our different curious game setups.

I played a game recently with a limit of 1 research lab (starting from T1 adv bases). In three hours, no one could actually win, but then one clever guy finally took his opportunity, and it still took 1 more hour to finish us all (it was a 4-player FFA). People seemed to like it :) :lecture:

What maps do you love to host? High-power or low-power, at least? To VTOLs or not to VTOLs? Teams or FFA or diplomacy or whatever? :hmm:
Verin
Trained
Trained

Re: [MP] The way you play warzone.

Post by Verin »

I sometimes host cyborg only servers, they go under much criticism but they are fun nevertheless. In all of my servers i disable vtol, in some maps i limit research and factories to 3

I do not host FFA , i enjoy researching and communicating with teammates.

My biggest problem is data integrity bugs kicking everyone, and random freezes here and there.
My multiplayer name is Verin
Usually in ideas and suggestions.
I Am also an ASE certified technician.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

data integrity bugs kicking everyone
Hmm, i haven't seen any problems with these for a quite a while. Last time i was kicked was because i updated the libraries and didn't recompile the game (i believe this must have been the reason, but i'm not sure; if i'm not right, then it must be a bug).
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Post by Saberuneko »

Well... I usually host. And my settings are usually 4P-8P games. T1
I activate scavengers when possible.
Start with no bases, and start with low power, also I usually choose low power maps.
I usually just allow alliances, but if people wants me to put locked teams, I do.
I set Fog of war or Fog of distance, that's something I change on some games.
3drts
Trained
Trained

Post by 3drts »

Just 1 facility? ouch.
With 5, I keep one on research Upgrades at all times, but with only one, each upgrade would take much longer to pay itself off in time during which time my units would suffer more in combat.

I don't even know how I'd start on that beyond teching MG (since it takes like 1 second) - go for power mod?
MG bullets and tower?

With towers early and enemy research retarded, one MG tower should hold off quite a few viper mgs - a good cheap way to grab and hold alot of oil if they won't go obsolete so fast.

I think I'd go for the cannon line, to get mortars -
LC, HMG, or mortar viper half tracks would probably be my main force of the game - with one facility, I'm not sure I'd get cobras out in time to affect the outcome.
BulletMagnet
Trained
Trained

Post by BulletMagnet »

since I usually start at T1 and allow everything, rushing all the MG upgrades and cyborg armour works well unless they're rushing flamers... which will royally screw anything over until you can get tracks.

also, power.

power. power. power.

rush assault-guns, put them on cyborgs and you can kite everything till you get bored. minipods are good early on, and the computer seems to love them.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

with one facility, I'm not sure I'd get cobras out in time to affect the outcome.
Hmm, i actually start with adv.bases, so you already have cobras and HMGs. But -- i agree -- starting from scratch could still be fun! (heh, not sure you really meant that)
unless they're rushing flamers... which will royally screw anything over until you can get tracks.
Oh yeah XD Well, there's always at least one way to counter any weapon. With itself XD Walls and hardpoints stand well against flamers too. But we're going offtopic :)
macuser
Regular
Regular

Post by macuser »

I personally like to start at t2 (I don't have very much time)
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6
Dylan Hsu
Banned
Banned

Post by Dylan Hsu »

All on, high power, no bases. Pure Warzone.
Verin
Trained
Trained

Post by Verin »

Pure warzone does not involve high power, assuming you were referring to the campaign as warzone.

Typically i enjoy the high power map every now and then. but after so many servers it's the same thing, half of the people just research because they have power, sometimes ill lower the gen limit to 3-6, this ensures that players will make tactical decision on what to research, or to just produce tanks.

I love this game, but i cant play the same map over and over.
Dylan Hsu
Banned
Banned

Post by Dylan Hsu »

Verin wrote:Pure warzone does not involve high power, assuming you were referring to the campaign as warzone.

Typically i enjoy the high power map every now and then. but after so many servers it's the same thing, half of the people just research because they have power, sometimes ill lower the gen limit to 3-6, this ensures that players will make tactical decision on what to research, or to just produce tanks.

I love this game, but i cant play the same map over and over.
Perhaps you misunderstood what I said. I mean high power setting in game setup. I myself dislike maps with high oil such as NTW and like maps with low oil like Startup2, etc. and I agree that low oil is very tactical!
Verin
Trained
Trained

Post by Verin »

Oh, :D i see what you mean, i thought the power settings on the maps did little or nothing.