How often do you check the forums?

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
macuser
Regular
Regular

How often do you check the forums?

Post by macuser »

How often do you check the forums for new posts either by rss or by actual browsing to the forums. And how do you check (do you use view unread posts or what?) Just curious.

-regards macuser
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6
Michal
Trained
Trained

Re: How often do you check the forums?

Post by Michal »

I usually do that every day. I use 'view new post' feature, see if there's anything interesting for me, then 'mark all forums read'. Takes just few minutes, and is included in my 'daily forums route' :D.
Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Post by Kamaze »

Michal wrote:I usually do that every day. I use 'view new post' feature, see if there's anything interesting for me, then 'mark all forums read'. Takes just few minutes, and is included in my 'daily forums route' :D.
This + some random reads to find something to rant about.
We all have the same heaven, but not the same horizon.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

I check the board index for any new posts anytime I'm close to a computer with internet connection, that's usually every few hours - when I'm out, like on college. When I'm at home, I check in the same way, every 15 minutes or less, when I'm not playing - in this last case, of course, I check before opening the game and right after it ends. I follow almost every topic very closely, usually I just get involved when there's something I can contribute with.

Any topics I post in are subscribed and I receive "Topic reply notifications" for all of them, those are the first in the proccess.

When I know someone is online and I'm exchanging ideas with him, I usually keep refreshing the index every 5 minutes to see if there's a reply. Of course I don't stand still in the meanwhile, I keep doing *something*, like making maps or textures or writing or playing classical guitar.

~Olrox
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

every day too .'view new post' - too
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Post by Saberuneko »

I Daily click "view new posts"
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Hmm, I didn't think about using those buttons :augh:

I've marked the forums read about a month ago and since then I leave no post unread - the index there must be all-blue, otherwise I won't go to sleep :wink:

Makes sense (acutally it's obvious, so obvious it hurts) that I should be using the "view unread posts" button when checking for new posts. I'll do that from now on, for logic's sake :P

~Olrox
Misthafalls
Trained
Trained

Post by Misthafalls »

I agree with you Olrox.

If something ain't blue then I got no life, thus I need to check everything :)

The following is boasting and off topic...
This post is written by a general lurker with gaming programming capabilities. Qt library for the win, opengl to for the graphics ... :D

Greetz,
Misthafalls
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Post by Saberuneko »

Olrox wrote:Makes sense (acutally it's obvious, so obvious it hurts) that I should be using the "view unread posts" button when checking for new posts. I'll do that from now on, for logic's sake :P
Don't worry about that, I asked for some "view unread posts" when there already was an "view new posts" option on the forum. :P
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Post by milo christiansen »

I try to get to a library to check at least once a week. As for what I check the answer is EVERYTHING I go through the forum one page at a time reading everything that unread.
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
Rider
Trained
Trained

Post by Rider »

A few times a week, I usually visit the artwork forum to check if AR did anything new and then showcase and I&S. I occasionally drift to other forums, but a lot less regularly.
macuser
Regular
Regular

Post by macuser »

Hmm...My basic routine is to first read the unread posts, then post to the ones I am involved in or ones that my expertise is needed. Also I check to see who is on the forums at the time :)

-regards macuser
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

I always check unread posts, but now i rarely post, about 1 or 2 times per week