Enhance your Warzone 2100 Experience!

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
zschopf1
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Enhance your Warzone 2100 Experience!

Post by zschopf1 »

What I meant was after knowing what to do, if I had to go back and set it up again. It wouldn't take long at all. It seems a few people have benefited from changing their settings, I know it makes a huge difference for me. Considering I use a high resolution monitor, any sort of AA and AF and Transparency sampling helps it a lot. If you had a real monitor I suppose you'd see a vast improvement, or if you have an eye for detail as well. I'm not trying to be rude about it but you're just not good at seeing graphical difference. Not everyone can see changes in detail like others, which is why we post stuff like this with picture to picture comparison to help show differences. Others will feel that they benefit, while some others will feel that they don't. I have no qualms that you believe that the changes are not significant, but there are still other who feel it does. So on my part I feel that I've helped at least some of the community. :D
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

I'm plenty skilled at seeing graphical differences. I see them here; they're just quite minor.

I realize you're trying to help the Warzone community, and we appreciate that, but I'm still not going to sticky this.
Raem_Lylar
Trained
Trained

Post by Raem_Lylar »

zschopf1 wrote:I have an i7 920 @ 3.2Ghz, DDR3 Triple channel RAM @ 1600Mhz, and a GTX 295.
AlienWare? I have an Aurora. 3.2Ghz? I have only 2.67Ghz... and i too have an intel core i7 920...

Well anyway my real question was if a
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240 with latest drivers would have these settings you are talking about.
Main: Arithyce
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Raem_Lylar wrote:Well anyway my real question was if a
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240 with latest drivers would have these settings you are talking about.
Yes, just ajdust settings on way it is described in first post.
Set AA(anti-aliasing) and AF(antistrophic filtering) on max value and WZ will look much better.
zschopf1
Rookie
Rookie

Post by zschopf1 »

Raem_Lylar wrote:
zschopf1 wrote:I have an i7 920 @ 3.2Ghz, DDR3 Triple channel RAM @ 1600Mhz, and a GTX 295.
AlienWare? I have an Aurora. 3.2Ghz? I have only 2.67Ghz... and i too have an intel core i7 920...
No I built it myself. =P
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

...aren't Alienwares ridiculously expensive? You should really have better things to spend your money on. :/
Raem_Lylar
Trained
Trained

Post by Raem_Lylar »

Zarel wrote:...aren't Alienwares ridiculously expensive? You should really have better things to spend your money on. :/
Yes but the plan was to get something that would not be obsolete in 1-2 years... so... $1,199 plus $100 tax was worth it.

Oh, and my family is rich, but don't think that means I'm some spoiled immature brat... we are rich but choose to live lower middle class lives. (ie, we live in apartments and pay rent etc.)
zschopf1
Rookie
Rookie

Post by zschopf1 »

It's much cheaper to build you own computer, the same kind was $5,000 on Alienware, and $4,500 on ebay. All I spent on my computer was $2,500 this was back in January. The money I make is from my gaming servers. I make plenty of money and 75% of what I make I put into my 401k. I'm looking forward to having a great retirement. =) I don't plan on having any kids because I know I wouldn't be a good father, since my life revolves around computers. And when I do die any money I have left over will be donated to science for greater good, because I don't believe charities are doing a damn thing to help, they only make the dying lives of little kids and people longer and more sufferable. When it could be used to create funding to experiment on better ways to grow food, or lengthen human life.

That's just my opinion, so if you feel that its not right, I'm not that good in relationship with people who like to prolong inevitable facts.
Raem_Lylar
Trained
Trained

Post by Raem_Lylar »

Well, i usually buy a computer and then modify it as i want when i get it... With normal computers that's cheaper than building your own. But i guess alienware's are over priced by $1,000 or so.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

$1100 is a good deal for an i7 system, though (probably only $300-$400 more than the equivalent self-built system). The prices have probably gotten more reasonable since Dell bought them out.
zschopf1
Rookie
Rookie

Post by zschopf1 »

Zarel wrote:$1100 is a good deal for an i7 system, though (probably only $300-$400 more than the equivalent self-built system). The prices have probably gotten more reasonable since Dell bought them out.
It's still pretty ridiculous, $200 for their logo and a $100 for labor. With the high end gaming systems it's about $500 for their case and logo, and $500 for labor. $400 if you want to have O.C.(Over Clock) settings on your PC. It gets pretty insane when you think about how much money they can make off it all. They usually do a 15%- 25% mark up on parts they put into the computers.. so a $500 Graphics card is now $575 or $600. It gets pretty mad when you get up there on components. I guess that's business for you.
zschopf1
Rookie
Rookie

Post by zschopf1 »

Is trunk really better to use? Are there less bugs with it? And how hard is it to setup and use?
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

zschopf1 wrote:Is trunk really better to use? Are there less bugs with it? And how hard is it to setup and use?
You have to compile it yourself. Much harder. I'll stay at installers.
Why won't you devs make a version of game with that new terrain renderer.
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

13KukYNexus666 wrote:
zschopf1 wrote:Is trunk really better to use? Are there less bugs with it? And how hard is it to setup and use?
You have to compile it yourself. Much harder. I'll stay at installers.
Why won't you devs make a version of game with that new terrain renderer.
You can find some trunkk builds here: http://guide.wz2100.net/files/builds/
With more information on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2969
Please take into account that they're rather old now, but they should all have the new terrain along with a number of other features.
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Zarel wrote:Hrm. I can barely notice a difference.

If you want better graphics, you'd be better off just playing trunk, y'know. :P
You should see how Trunk+AA+AF looks. And how fast it is.