Please test the 2.3 beta releases!

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Please test the 2.3 beta releases!

Post by Buginator »

2.3 Beta period has ended! Thanks to everyone for the help!

Greetings all.

Just wanted to mention that we could really use your help testing the 2.3 beta releases.

You can find them here:
http://wz2100.net/download

We need your feedback, and bug reports.

2.2.x is nearing its end of life, and 2.3 will be here soon enough.

And that means, that 2.3 "stable" will replace the 2.2.x series and we will NOT support that version any longer.
Once again, please test the 2.3 beta candidates so we can make the transition to 2.3 "stable" a much better experience for everyone!

Once 2.3 is our the door, then we can start doing beta releases of the much improved rendering engine. :)

Thanks to all those that have helped debugging the beta(s)!
Last edited by Buginator on 18 Apr 2010, 03:58, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Keep it global, until 2.3 is out the door--many people don't read the front page!
and it ends here.
KukY
Regular
Regular

Re: Please test the 2.3 beta releases!

Post by KukY »

I have a bug. I build Nexus Link towers, and they took aproaching enemy unit. I selected it and wanted to recycle it. But enemy cyborg shot at that unit and when projectile hit that unit, it was deselected.

I'll continue testing 2.3 because I have a felling that there is big bug hiding somewhere in 2.3 version
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

13KukYNexus666 wrote:I have a bug. I build Nexus Link towers, and they took aproaching enemy unit. I selected it and wanted to recycle it. But enemy cyborg shot at that unit and when projectile hit that unit, it was deselected.
That's because, like all AIs, it's set to "Retreat at Medium Damage". The shot brought it to medium damage, which caused it to retreat and deselect itself. That behavior's been present since 1.10...
nobby
Rookie
Rookie

Bug or UI change - Can't load transport in campaign

Post by nobby »

Hi,

On previous versions one would load the transport in the campaign by selecting units and then clicking on
the transport when the arrow icon showed on mouse-over. This doesn't appear to work on 2.3b2 - is there
a change to the UI for this or is it a bug - savegame attached.

To reproduce:
o Load attached savegame
o Start Alpha-3
o Select group 1 and move it to base
o Mouse over the transport until the cursor turns to downard arrow
o Attempt to load units onto transport

This should fail. If someone else can reproduce this, I'll file it as a bug. If the UI has changed then I'm an idiot.

Nigel.

P.S. now raised as ticket http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/1113
Buginator wrote:Greetings all.

Just wanted to mention that we could really use your help testing the 2.3 beta releases.

You can find them here:
http://wz2100.net/download

We need your feedback, and bug reports.
Attachments
Nobby2.7z
Savegame from end of Alpha-2
(75.02 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
Last edited by nobby on 27 Nov 2009, 21:31, edited 2 times in total.
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

I can't load. It's a bug.
Until that bug is fixed, you can right click on one unit in that group ( whole group must be selected ) , and left click on Go To Transport. Your units will go to transport.
CinC
Trained
Trained

possible bugs

Post by CinC »

hi, I found some (possible) bugs too:

1. if you change vehicles in the design area, and you change the populsion, it deletes the vehicle tower again.
2. Oil derricks will not more shown on the minimap (they lost the circle on the top of the derrick too).
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

My friend and I played a 4 hour epic on this version last night Playing on Bagdad map.
Every thing seemed to work perfectly although we never got to use cyborg transports.
After finninshing the game I looked in the folder for stderr and found it had a lot of stuff in it.
I dont know if its relevant but I'll attach it here.
Attachments
stderr.txt
(31.61 KiB) Downloaded 326 times
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: Bug or UI change - Can't load transport in campaign

Post by Zarel »

nobby wrote:On previous versions one would load the transport in the campaign by selecting units and then clicking on the transport when the arrow icon showed on mouse-over. This doesn't appear to work on 2.3b2 - is there a change to the UI for this or is it a bug - savegame attached.
It's a bug, and has been fixed for Beta 3 this weekend.
CinC wrote:hi, I found some (possible) bugs too:

1. if you change vehicles in the design area, and you change the populsion, it deletes the vehicle tower again.
2. Oil derricks will not more shown on the minimap (they lost the circle on the top of the derrick too).
1. This is by design (and has been this way since 1.10...) - different propulsions (namely, VTOL) take different turrets.
2. (I don't know whether or not this is a bug)
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Re: possible bugs

Post by cybersphinx »

CinC wrote:2. Oil derricks will not more shown on the minimap (they lost the circle on the top of the derrick too).
This is intentional, the oil blips are removed, but all oil resources are always shown (see r8444).
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

cybersphinx wrote:This is intentional, the oil blips are removed, but all oil resources are always shown (see r8444).
r8444 refers to ticket #1087, which refers to the "Always show oil resources" topic, in which Per says that there should be constant dots instead of blinking dots. I don't even see the constant dots, so this seems like a bug to me.
DylanDog
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by DylanDog »

On the 2.3 beta2, I have noted the following while testing the DyDo AI:

Usually to test the AI, I let it control the human base, on this way I simply observe the behaviour of the AI...the only thing is that the AI player I watch playing always gets more then 15000 power regardless of the POWER SELCTION before creating the game, I cannot watch/test an AI on this way...this does not happen in 2.2.x
My Warzone 2100 mods:
Download DyDo-AI for Warzone skirmish/multiplayer games.
Download A2C-HM (Alpha 2 Campaign - Hard Mode).
Download A3C-HM (Alpha 3 Campaign - Hard Mode).
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

Zarel wrote:Per says that there should be constant dots instead of blinking dots. I don't even see the constant dots, so this seems like a bug to me.
They are there, but very dark and not noticeable on default radar zoom.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Zarel wrote:r8444 refers to ticket #1087, which refers to the "Always show oil resources" topic, in which Per says that there should be constant dots instead of blinking dots. I don't even see the constant dots, so this seems like a bug to me.
They are hard to see on some terrains, and sometimes also on any terrain with default zoom on some maps sizes. Input on solutions to this welcome.
Dylan Hsu
Banned
Banned

Post by Dylan Hsu »

Perhaps they should be marked with a bright 3x3 or 5x5 cyan "x".
In case that's unclear:

Code: Select all

[]  []
  []  
[]  []

Code: Select all

[]      []
  []  []  
    []    
  []  []
[]      []
Jimmbob
Trained
Trained

Post by Jimmbob »

Perhaps just make them a tad brighter, not the most helpful piece of info you will have ever received, just make them a little bit more noticeable :)