Hi!

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Nightshadow
New user

Hi!

Post by Nightshadow »

Hey there. I just found this game via a link to some other forums I go to. I have to say I love Warzone. I wish there was a customizable skirmish with choosable sides though. :(  Aw well. I wanted to introduce myself and hope to become an active member of this board.  :)

EDIT: Soory, I found the skirmish mode. It's party time.  8)
Last edited by Nightshadow on 19 Jan 2007, 07:21, edited 1 time in total.
Obaum
Greenhorn

Re: Hi!

Post by Obaum »

Hi! too im new here too  :P need play ? talk me
Nightshadow
New user

Post by Nightshadow »

Maybe, If my computer won't be evil and malfunction like it does in C & C Generals Online
Stormkeeper
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Stormkeeper »

We're all new at one time or another.... anywae, I've played Warzone for quite a while now, but stopped when my discs became warped, and I couldn't find it anymore. Thanks for bringing it back to life, guys !
+[Unstoppable]+
Giel
Regular
Regular

Post by Giel »

Stormkeeper wrote: We're all new at one time or another.... anywae, I've played Warzone for quite a while now, but stopped when my discs became warped, and I couldn't find it anymore. Thanks for bringing it back to life, guys !
Have you tried smearing toothpaste on your discs? It restored my WZ discs (somehow).
"First make sure it works good, only then make it look good." -- Giel
Want to tip/donate? bitcoin:1EaqP4ZPMvUffazTxm7stoduhprzeabeFh
Stormkeeper
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Stormkeeper »

Giel wrote: Have you tried smearing toothpaste on your discs? It restored my WZ discs (somehow).
You're ....... shitting me, right ? toothpaste ????

Anw, I'm sure it won't work, cause I can see through the some parts of the discs.
+[Unstoppable]+
Giel
Regular
Regular

Post by Giel »

Stormkeeper wrote: You're ....... shitting me, right ? toothpaste ????

Anw, I'm sure it won't work, cause I can see through the some parts of the discs.
Well actually I'm not kidding, it had some very bad scratches on it and some toothpaste fixed it, somehow (got the hint by my father). But if you can see through them that probably won't help you a lot, maybe some ink or so (on the labelside) would help to prevent the laser from "seeing" through it. That's just however a guess in the wild.
"First make sure it works good, only then make it look good." -- Giel
Want to tip/donate? bitcoin:1EaqP4ZPMvUffazTxm7stoduhprzeabeFh
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

I've heard of the toothpaste trick, too. Doesn't help allways, but if the CD is allready broken...
You use it similar to sanding, but on a CD. It will get more scratches, but if you do it correctly those wont be a problem for the CD-drive.
Watermelon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Watermelon »

DevUrandom wrote: I've heard of the toothpaste trick, too. Doesn't help allways, but if the CD is allready broken...
You use it similar to sanding, but on a CD. It will get more scratches, but if you do it correctly those wont be a problem for the CD-drive.
Actually it only works when the metal part(usually aluminum compound) is not damaged physically.There is no cure after the aluminum compound is oxygenized(caused by direct sunlight and high Humidity)
tasks postponed until the trunk is relatively stable again.