Improving AI

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
gesierfou
Greenhorn

Improving AI

Post by gesierfou »

Hello ! I would to know if someone have think to upgrade AI on this fabulous game. I know that player vs player is the most game, but when we play in multiplyer skirmish with friends we find that AI is very poor. Any volunteer to up this ia ?
Best regard Gesierfou.
PS: Long life to WZ2100. ;) ;) ;) ;)
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Re: Improving AI

Post by whippersnapper »

Try this AI just released called "Become Prey": viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3018

You will find it more of a challenge than the one you've been playing..

regards, whipper :)
"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction." Anthem

"Art is the selective recreation of reality according to the artist's metaphysical value judgments." A. Rand
gesierfou
Greenhorn

Post by gesierfou »

Erfff ! Ok ai of becomeprey is better, but it is boring ! Always attack on ground and rarely on air !
With the 2.2 version of wz2100 standard ai is a few better but is not this !
The problem is that i know nothing in script of the ia and i ask a programmer to put a very interesting ai in this fabulous game.
Good luck at all the dev team of my prefered game of my life ;-)
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

BP a.i. has extensive Vtol Attack scripting. How BP's Vtol scripting is triggered is dependent on 2 factors - a particular Map's Design & the way YOU choose to play. For example - if BP can beat you handily without having to use its Vtol Attack Scripting resources it will. Or... if the map is poorly
designed it can definitely, and completely, ham-string BP's scripting, bottom-up.

I would recommend you try lots of different 2-4 player maps (there are literally 1000+, the majority ill-designed, btw) till you find the ones that are designed by the map-maker with a solid practical knowledge of just how skirmish a.i. works and the inherent constraints of WZ, the game itself...

Maps used to be reviewed for these attributes, among other criteria, so you didn't have to wade through sub-standard maps to find the good ones. Unfortunately, that is no longer being done so you will have to spend your time gauging map quality which most surely includes A.I. performance in
Skirmish.

- whipper :ninja:
"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction." Anthem

"Art is the selective recreation of reality according to the artist's metaphysical value judgments." A. Rand