Populous TB vs Warzone2100

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
hjhjhj
Trained
Trained

Populous TB vs Warzone2100

Post by hjhjhj »

Populous The beginning VS Warzone 2100.

Just wanted to know (from you that have played PopTb) What do you think is best?

My choise: WARZONE2100! :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :twisted:
AKA. Balano
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Re: Populous TB vs Warzone2100

Post by whippersnapper »

- I like the whole Populous series.

- I also don't see how to objectively compare PTB and WZ. Very different game types. It's like comparing pineapples and
honey dew melons... Some folk like one or the other better or both equally. PTB is an unusual hybrid of strategy and the
"god game" genre that designer Peter Molyneux invented. There is no formal resource management in PTB. The whole
Populous series has been hugely successful in sales and have also collected quite a few accolades and awards since
1989. This game also influenced Peter Molyneux development of Black & White (2001) and even as late as November 2008
it is rooted in the Powermonger game for the Ninetendo DS... That's 20 years of multiple successful incarnations & influence
on mutiple platforms (PCs, Consoles, hand-helds) and, OSs .. So many reasons why comparing these games doesn't work for me.

- regards, whipper.
"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction." Anthem

"Art is the selective recreation of reality according to the artist's metaphysical value judgments." A. Rand
hjhjhj
Trained
Trained

Re: Populous TB vs Warzone2100

Post by hjhjhj »

whippersnapper wrote:.

- I like the whole Populous series.

- I also don't see how to objectively compare PTB and WZ. Very different game types. It's like comparing pineapples and
honey dew melons... Some folk like one or the other better or both equally. PTB is an unusual hybrid of strategy and the
"god game" genre that designer Peter Molyneux invented. There is no formal resource management in PTB. The whole
Populous series has been hugely successful in sales and have also collected quite a few accolades and awards since
1989. This game also influenced Peter Molyneux development of Black & White (2001) and even as late as November 2008
it is rooted in the Powermonger game for the Ninetendo DS... That's 20 years of multiple successful incarnations & influence
on mutiple platforms (PCs, Consoles, hand-helds) and, OSs .. So many reasons why comparing these games doesn't work for me.

- regards, whipper.

Well, i must confess: After reading your very detailed text, i very much agree. ;)

Forgot to compare it the way you do. But okay, thanks for your reply.

Stefan.B
AKA. Balano