Aivolution is boring

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Aivolution is boring

Post by DarkCheetah »

yeah i'v played aivolution alot , and always won , or mostly , after a time he gets boooorrrinnng... Aiv is'nnt realy tough , i'm looking forward to play against more cheating ais, and super strong ais from the good oldy's like SuperAi , BeomepreyAi , TurtleAi, GhenshishKhanAi , etc.... please get them back to live!!!
Raem_Lylar
Trained
Trained

Re: Aivolution is boring

Post by Raem_Lylar »

I agree! Aivolution is supposed to be superior to the default stock AI... yet all it does is spam mini-pods against Gauss cannons! WTF?
I will stick to the stock AI for now until someone makes something better...

Though gotta love the aivolution bitching at you... "Bring it on Raem_Lylar!" hilariousness ensues as i steam role its vengeance minipods with my Gauss cannons!
Main: Arithyce
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

I think Buginator has been a big lax in getting BecomePrey working again.
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

- Well gents this is what I've been doing for years for variety with all WRP reg game binaries.......
(in Skirmish scripts..)

- I select Player "0" for myself and thus do not touch the .slo

- I replace the .stock .slo for Player "1" with the .slo of Pumpkin's tough v.1.04 A.I. (way better IMHO
than their stock v.1.10 A.I.)..

- Ditto Player "2" with "Super A.I. .slo

- Ditto Player "3" with "Turtle A.I." .slo

- Ditto Player "4" with "Become Prey" A.I. .slo

- And I leave Player's 5, 6, & 7 with Stock A.I. .slo

- The above skirmish A.I.'s work right out of the box so to speak... AND
you end up playing against 5 very different A.I.s in the same game !
"WZ Mod Switcher" and "WZ Starter" utilities made this a very simple
process but it couldn't have taken me more than 10-15 minutes to do this
set-up I described by hand.. You can make it a separate game folder from
your usual one so you never have to change it back if you just wanna play
all stock or with current Aivolution...

- There are other WZ A.I.'s that do NOT work right out of the box and require
some work to make compatible and those are:

- "H20 aka Water" A.I. by Prometheus - Tough A.I. that can deal very effectively with any maps -
including, obviously, predominantly water maps I also made a map with 1-Tile wide ramps and
ridges all over and "H20" handled it like a champ whereas other A.I.s could not at all... I would guess
it could handle "Tunnel" maps way, way, better than any other WZ A.I.....

- "A.I. Boost" by Speedy.... this one has so much going on I'm honestly too lazy to list it all.

- "Genghis Khan" A.I. by Troman.... very aggressive with varied offense that are definitely not boring IMHO.

- Original "Aivolution" by Troman with Tank Transport drops and other neat features. IMHO this
first incarnation kicks the current version's butt - seriously. It does not talk smack at you but I could give a chit
about that feature.

----------->

- My understanding is that Bug is working on making the latest version of NiKer's "Become Prey" compatible with
the DEBUG binary. .... but has had to focus on RL stuff so that's why it's taken a awhile...

- regards, whipper...

"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction." Anthem

"Art is the selective recreation of reality according to the artist's metaphysical value judgments." A. Rand
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

so it does work? changing scripts in ur .WZ file , using old warzone scripts? and warzone starter , can load Version 2.1.x?

a must try out, i have almost all ai's for old warzone, i didn't realy tried copieing scripts to the Warzone.we file

maybe that can be handy
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

DarkCheetah wrote:so it does work? changing scripts in ur .WZ file , using old warzone scripts?
- Yes... the ones I listed "out of the box" work.

and warzone starter , can load Version 2.1.x? a must try out, i have almost all ai's for old warzone,
- Nope. WZ Starter cannot be used with any of the WRP Binaries. You have to do it by "hand"... basically cut 'n paste
the .slo player files.

i didn't realy tried copieing scripts to the Warzone.we file

maybe that can be handy
- Yea it's pretty easy. Just do not try it with any A.I. that has a Resource .wdg.... like "Water A.I." or "GK A.I." those need
additional work beyond copying and so stay away from those for now or you'll mess-up your setup with CTDs...

- Regards, whipper..
"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction." Anthem

"Art is the selective recreation of reality according to the artist's metaphysical value judgments." A. Rand
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

there's still a problem , i only have "Turtle ai.Wzai" and i can't locate any .Slo files of my ai's, are they somewhere downloadable?
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

DarkCheetah wrote:there's still a problem , i only have "Turtle ai.Wzai" and i can't locate any .Slo files of my ai's, are they somewhere downloadable?
- The .wzai files ARE your .slo file-scripts and you can open them with Word Pad to cut 'n paste into Skirmish Folder - Player .slo files.... which is in your .wz file which is just a .Zip Archive.... (MultiPlay > Skirmish > Player .slo files)

- Regards, whipper. :)

DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

ok i found a trutle ai Slo file and replaced with a defualt slo file in the folder, but then my warzone crashes , so it wont work =/

EDIT: i even tried Ghenshish khan Wzai file , and pasted the script, in the slo file inside warzone.wz, still crashes, and yes i'v erased the normal ai script before i pasted
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

DarkCheetah wrote:ok i found a trutle ai Slo file and replaced with a defualt slo file in the folder, but then my warzone crashes , so it wont work =/

EDIT: i even tried Ghenshish khan Wzai file , and pasted the script, in the slo file inside warzone.wz, still crashes, and yes i'v erased the normal ai script before i pasted

- First - If you look at my previous posts I mention specifically the A.I.s you CANNOT do this with and "GK" is one because it requires a Resource .WDG.... among other reasons....

- "Turtile A.I." definitely works. What you copy is the TEXT-scripts within the .wzai file NOT the .wzai file itself.... and in my last post I tell you
the file structure where it goes in the .wz file zip archive (MultiPlay > Skirmish > Player .slo files). This procedure works for "Turtle", "v.1.04 A.I.", "Become Prey" and "Super A.I.".- no doubt about it (WRP game Binary - NOT DEBUG binary). Again - It does NOT work for "GK", "Water A.I.", or "A.I. Boost".. because they require Resource .wdgs and because they are not compatible with each other let alone the WRP Binary (at least not "out of the box").

- Regards, whipper..

DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

yes i copied the Text Script inside turtle ai , Becomeprey Version 2.86-10, noone of them work... can u send me the file please? of all difrent ai's like one turtle for player 0 , one Becomeprey for player 0 and super ai for player0 (yes player 0 is an enemy in my map)

please!! i can't get this to work , or my files are corupt!
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

- Hmmm.... this is what I can do DarkCheetah:

- You gather up your Player 0 thru 7 .slo files into a .zip or .rar archive
and email it to me at XXXX2120 AT XXXXmail DOT XX (not really) and I'll
have a look at em, fix whatever and send 'em back to you.

- regards, whipper.

Last edited by whippersnapper on 13 Apr 2009, 23:08, edited 1 time in total.

DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

my slo and vlo files are just the regular files from the warzone 2.1.3 so i didnt touched them , before i did this, i made a back up ;-) i'm clever
still , i dont rly get it, or is it the version 2.1.3?
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

DarkCheetah wrote:my slo and vlo files are just the regular files from the warzone 2.1.3 so i didnt touched them , before i did this, i made a back up ;-) i'm clever
still , i dont rly get it, or is it the version 2.1.3?
- The game binary v. 2.1.3 is NOT the cause of your problem.

- If I saw the changes you executed I could tell you what went wrong otherwise I can't
..... my remote viewing telepathy is not good at all for script code... ;)

- Guess that's it then.

- Regards, whipper.

DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

i tell you what i'v done, i copied the Script (the whole one) of Becomeprey , and pasted/overwrited on the player.Slo file , does this also need to be done on the .Vlo files? u can still send me ur Warzone.wz file including BP "[email protected]"