Warzone Repairs

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
omni504
New user

Warzone Repairs

Post by omni504 »

I did not know about/of warzone until i switched to linux from windows on my laptop, and started looking around for interesting games i could run. Warzone 2100 seemed good after checking out and all. So i started playing, and i still felt it was pretty good, until i got into my first battle and realized i couldn't repair units.

Is it something i'm missing? Is there some "repair station" that i need to build? When i tell units to go back for repair, they just go to HQ and stay there.... Just smoking and waiting. I tried everything I possibly could (including googling my problem.... which came up with hundereds of websites going on and on about repair bots and things that had nothing to do with my problem), then i finally decided to try my luck and find a forum, so here i am. EXTREMELY confused.

Help would be greatly appreciated, thx.
Jimmbob
Trained
Trained

Re: Warzone Repairs

Post by Jimmbob »

You cant repair you units until you have researched the Repair Turret, playing through the campaign you will discover it in one the artifacts, cant remember which mission it is off the top of my head, until then you wont be able to repair your units
Ravin
Trained
Trained

Post by Ravin »

Look for the repair turret upgrade.

When you do that, it will unlock the repair station (If you have researched concrete walls )

You have to design a repair unit. Or if in skirmish, research the autorepair for all units who are standing still.

Hope this helps.

The Campaign for the repair turret is like mission 2 or 3, and the repair factory doesn't come till you get the concrete walls.
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

Hi there. Those are good tips from Jimmbob & Ravin.

Let me add a little more..

Here's what the Repair Facility looks like:

http://docs.wz2100.net/manual/page36.html

That link is from the WZ Manual which you can reach along
with a bunch of other helpful info through the User Guide
link above at the top of this page with other links to the FAQ,
Development, Blog, Trac and so on - here:

http://wz2100.net/user-guide ..

I already have the WZ Manual Table of Contents open so...
let me give you the link -

http://docs.wz2100.net/manual/manual.html

Besides the "Repair Station" structure there are also, as mentioned,
"Repair Turrets" you can Design on different propulsions: wheels, trax,
half-trax and hover.There are also Cyborgs that are dedicated to repair
or heal... called Mechanics.

Looking through the Manual you get deeper info into the game as a whole and that
will enable you to have more fun with it. :)

Zarel's WZ Guide is also very useful: http://wzguide.co.cc/

Since everything in WZ is driven by Research exploring the Tech Tree relationships
and dependencies is something to learn for playing others in MP and Zarel's Guide
will be indispensable to that end.

Regards, whipper :cool:
Last edited by elio on 02 Apr 2009, 12:36, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: user-guide link now works correctly
"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction." Anthem

"Art is the selective recreation of reality according to the artist's metaphysical value judgments." A. Rand
HCN-Trooper
Trained
Trained

Post by HCN-Trooper »

omni504 wrote:I did not know about/of warzone until i switched to linux from windows on my laptop, and started looking around for interesting games i could run. Warzone 2100 seemed good after checking out and all. So i started playing, and i still felt it was pretty good, until i got into my first battle and realized i couldn't repair units.

Is it something i'm missing? Is there some "repair station" that i need to build? When i tell units to go back for repair, they just go to HQ and stay there.... Just smoking and waiting. I tried everything I possibly could (including googling my problem.... which came up with hundereds of websites going on and on about repair bots and things that had nothing to do with my problem), then i finally decided to try my luck and find a forum, so here i am. EXTREMELY confused.

Help would be greatly appreciated, thx.

you can "recycle" the tanks before you have the repair mechanics.....recycled units don't lose the experience points....
Ravin
Trained
Trained

Post by Ravin »

Something to elaborate on.

If you do not have a repair station, when you send them back when damaged, they only go to the HQ. Also, they go to the nearest repair station when smoldering.

When you first start playing you don't have the luxury of getting them fixed. I think we have pretty much covered just about everything on the topic of repair units/facilities.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

I should also add that you get the Engineering artifact from the last scavenger base in the first mission - really early on. After you research that, you'll get the repair turret to research. So out of tons of missions, the first mission is the only one you'll have to do without repairs.

Unless you're playing multiplayer/skirmish, in which case just research Engineering and Repair Turret.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

In campaign, once I found the repair artefact, I built a few repair droids and put them beside my HQ, then ordered damaged droids to return for repair. They would automatically repair droids that returned there. Found that to be easier than managing the repair droids in the battlefield, since they always ended up in the wrong place and dying horribly.

Who knows, maybe using HQ and repair droids is more reliable than a repair facility, even for skirmish.
Ravin
Trained
Trained

Post by Ravin »

I like using the factories, i Normally bring up cannons and build a small outpost consisting of a repair factory or two, then place a few heavy cannons, then ranged artillery for support fire, this way the repair facility itself repairs MUCH faster then the turrets, I simply sell the four or five building I built once the siege is done. This is better then maintaining drones as well as grabbing resources you may encounter and quickly defense them and move along.
ouch
Trained
Trained

Post by ouch »

I just wanted to touch on Per's complaint a bit.

Commanders make managing repair vehicles/cyborgs a LOT easier. put 2 in your commanders force for best results. Once your commander can handle 14 I typicly assign 2 more to the group. yes your commanders firepower gets diminished a bit, but it gains the power to stay on the field indefinately. Which is a HUGE advantage apposed to waiting for units to travel across the map twice.

another way of handleing repairs is to fill up a transport with cyborgs and then unload them all into the middle of your damaged units. I like to keep at least one transport full of repair cyborgs, with 2 being a later goal.