The Warzone 2100 Guide

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
guciomir
Trained
Trained

Re: The Warzone 2100 Guide

Post by guciomir »

could you provide new (or returning) players some basic hints how to play skirmish games?
like "build some machinegun wheels and scout area", "do not invest in xxx", "research yyy as soon as possible", "build mortars ASAP", "2 research centers are sufficent" etc
i finished campaign years ago and just returned to the game, but the skirmish overwhelms me a little bit. I don't know which technology should i research.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

from this thread:

Re: When do I get Bombard Pits and Tiger Tanks?

Postby lav_coyote25 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:28 pm

lav_coyote25 wrote:i was wondering if it would be a good idea to put a new tab in the heading - clicking that tab will automatically take one to the tech tree pages...

home / faq / user guide / tech tree / development / blog /forums / trac.

doing that should / will give new and old alike a simple easy way to go there... instead of reading the whole forums to find out the info.... :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 xD

:stare: well...??? i think its a good idea!! xD xD
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

lav_coyote25 wrote:from this thread:

Re: When do I get Bombard Pits and Tiger Tanks?

Postby lav_coyote25 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:28 pm

lav_coyote25 wrote:i was wondering if it would be a good idea to put a new tab in the heading - clicking that tab will automatically take one to the tech tree pages...

home / faq / user guide / tech tree / development / blog /forums / trac.

doing that should / will give new and old alike a simple easy way to go there... instead of reading the whole forums to find out the info.... :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 xD

:stare: well...??? i think its a good idea!! xD xD
It's currently not that hard.

User Guide -> Warzone Guide -> Research -> Tech Tree

I mean, you could make "User Guide" link directly to the Warzone Guide. Meanwhile, I advocate getting rid of the "Development" tab, and why do we still have the old Warzone logo for the site two weeks after the 2.2 launch? It's the only one left. -_-
ClockWork
Trained
Trained

Post by ClockWork »

I found that the rebalance works great! But, something I noticed. The panther body is about obsolete to the mantis in everyway.
The panther has a higher cost, less health, less thermal armor, less engine power, and more weight. The only thing that its not obsolete in, is the kinetic armor. However,that's because they have the same values in that department.

That’s what I’ve come across so far.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

ClockWork wrote:I found that the rebalance works great! But, something I noticed. The panther body is about obsolete to the mantis in everyway.
The panther has a higher cost, less health, less thermal armor, less engine power, and more weight. The only thing that its not obsolete in, is the kinetic armor. However,that's because they have the same values in that department.

That’s what I’ve come across so far.
That's not a problem with the rebalance; the rebalance didn't really change relative body balancing. I'll take a look at making Panther more useful, though.
ClockWork
Trained
Trained

Post by ClockWork »

Zarel wrote:That's not a problem with the rebalance; the rebalance didn't really change relative body balancing. I'll take a look at making Panther more useful, though.
Well, yeah, I know the rebalance didn’t change anything about the bodies. You wanted feedback, and I was happy to oblige. I figured, I might as well point it out, no one else has. Being that the panther is absolutely useless…like the way I am.
(I’m just going to go away and hide. I’ve pretty much lost my drive to play this anymore.)
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

ClockWork wrote:Well, yeah, I know the rebalance didn’t change anything about the bodies. You wanted feedback, and I was happy to oblige. I figured, I might as well point it out, no one else has.
Oh, I appreciate that. Like I said, I'll look into fixing Panther.
ClockWork wrote:Being that the panther is absolutely useless…like the way I am.
(I’m just going to go away and hide. I’ve pretty much lost my drive to play this anymore.)
o_O