Hi

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Warhawk
New user

Hi

Post by Warhawk »

Hello everyone I'm new here and I would like to say thanks for developing one of the best RTS game I ever played. :D

P.S. - Can someone please help me with mission where you need to destroy The Collective's sam sites??
Because they start sending VTOLs and they destroy every vehicle and building before reinforcements
arrive... I wanted to rush the base from where the VTOLs came, but they had a strong defending forces
and killed everything what I tried to send...
ric0
Greenhorn

Re: Hi

Post by ric0 »

hi there:)

no i am no expert at this game(yet) :P

but if i remember right to start off in that mission i took 2 trucks along in the first wave and built a repair depot and then started on AA sites of my own, if that doesnt sound good then how about taking 3-4 mobile AA with you in the first wave

norm
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Post by themousemaster »

This is somewhat unconventional, but...

If you are talking about the stage where the SAM's shoot your transport when it first arrives, there is something you should note. That is, the first ground attack won't come for a while (not counting the 3 hover tank-killers that show from the north at about the 1 minute mark). So you can hold off on much of the anti-land defenses to start.

I send 9 Python-hover trucks and 1 scrub machinegun unit first. I use the MG unit to clear the buildings on my side of the river.

Have your trucks (3 of them) build a Repairbay first, just south of the landing pad. That generally will be the first thing the airstrikes target; they will kill it, so once they do, immediately start putting it up again.

As for your other 6 trucks:

1 builds a hurricane on the small jet of land north of the landing zone
1 builds another hurricane right next to it, filling up the "jet of land" with both turrets.
1 builds a Lancer Hardpoint one space south and east of the right hurricane
1 builds a lancer bunker right east of the hardpoint
1 helps the Hardpoint builder finish faster, then moves to help the Bunker builder
1 builds an Assaultgun hardpoint 2 spaces southeast of the Lancer Hardpoint.

When the airstrikes starts, they will likely kill a truck and your scrub MG unit.

When the trucks finish, have 3 of them start putting up another lancer bunker 1 space east of the existing one. Have the rest of your trucks start building assorted Hurricane turrets between your LZ and the north water. And for your first airlift reinforcement, send 3 more trucks, and 7 AA units. said AA units will be the targets of the airstrikes soon enough, so dont bother making them expensive units; just cheap guns on wheels to draw and return fire.

Right around when the 2nd lancer bunker finishes, the Tankkiller hovers will show. your 3 lancer structures vs their 3 hover units will fall in your favor (their opening volley will kill 1 structure, but that's alright).

At this time, have a couple trucks build more lancer and AG defenses in a concave arrangement around the NE land-entrance to your base (the collective will never move units through the southern entrance, at least not in beta 4 or 5). All non-busy trucks should continue to build AA defenses, and repair/replace destroyed ones.

The collective have NO oil derricks here, so once their dozen-or-so planes are down, they can't replace them. Same with their ground units; about 20 cyborgs and 20 tanks total, but once destroyed, no reinforcements. They also have several heavy tanks at their SE base, but (for me at least) they don't move from there unless you get in their sight range, so artillery bombing them later works wonders.

And that's the good news; once you survive the initial waves, the rest of this stage becomes not just cake, but short cake. You will NOT need the whole time to finish this stage, so if you need to prepare some stuff before sending your first transport from Beta base, go for it. You can take the first 15 minutes of the stage to prepare and not suffer noticeably from it. OR, just sit at Beta base for 15 minutes building cash. (I've beaten this stage with nothing but 1 scrub mg unit, 7 AA's and trucks before).

This stage is begging for artillery use. Whether you build emplacements or have Artillery units you lift in, either will work. The stage is small enough that howitzers from the map center can hit pretty much anything (provided it's got a sensor spotting it). And Ripple Rockets in your landing zone can hit anything anywhere. Once the planes are down, begin raining the pain.

Until you deal with the opening air-raids, I recommend NOT sending in any experienced units. Once air-clear, send in anti-ground units at will to deal with their limited cyborgs/tanks. (due to the AA nature of this stage, I suggest leaving any planes you have at home).
mowie1
Greenhorn

Post by mowie1 »

is this warhawk from airrivals :o ????
Warhawk
New user

Post by Warhawk »

Thanks for the tips, i won it. :P