Game too long?

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Ivor

Game too long?

Post by Ivor »

Hi,

I really enjoy this game, but i think someimes it is too long (for example ifi playwith friends).Is there a way to make it shorter?

And I think its bad :( that there are no sequences (I have bought the game a long time ago and now im missing them in this version)

anyhow, warzone (resurrection) is a great game!! :cool:
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: Game too long?

Post by Zarel »

Ivor wrote:Hi,

I really enjoy this game, but i think someimes it is too long (for example ifi playwith friends).Is there a way to make it shorter?

And I think its bad :( that there are no sequences (I have bought the game a long time ago and now im missing them in this version)

anyhow, warzone (resurrection) is a great game!! :cool:
Start a T3 game. It'll be much shorter.
elio
Regular
Regular

Post by elio »

there's a T1 research limit mod around the forums
Zi-Chan
Trained
Trained

Post by Zi-Chan »

http://www.troman.de/wz/mods/T1.rar :)
But i think, it is for the 2.0.10 only.
:ninja:
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

T3 games are just as short, except they have shinier explosions.

If someone wants, I can make a T1 research mod.
Zi-Chan
Trained
Trained

Post by Zi-Chan »

Convert the already existing T1-Mod to the 2.1 Beta 4 - it works only with the 2.0.10.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Zi-Chan wrote:Convert the already existing T1-Mod to the 2.1 Beta 4 - it works only with the 2.0.10.
Doesn't work like that. The reason that one doesn't work withT1 is because the research tree has been changed since then. "Converting" it would be the same as rewriting it, which is what I'm suggesting I'd do if enough people wanted me to.
Zi-Chan
Trained
Trained

Post by Zi-Chan »

Zarel wrote:Doesn't work like that.
I know - i'm not english xD
How about opening a Vote? I vote for.... converting ;)
shishkebab
Trained
Trained

Post by shishkebab »

One of my favorite things about Warzone is the length of the game! I like it because it's not a game you can sit down and play for 5 minutes, you have to actually spend some time on it. However, some ways to reduce game length is 1. Start a T3 game, 2. Play with 4 players (I have found 2 and 8 player games take upwards of 4 hours most of the time) and 3. If you just want to see stuff blow up, you can always cheat to shorten the game (I don't recommend this).
The cutscenes (FMVs) were just released into the public domain, so that is why they don't come with the game yet. (Hopefully soon!) Otherwise, they are available on the SVN server right now!

Hope I helped you!
elio
Regular
Regular

Post by elio »

The cutscenes (FMVs) were just released into the public domain, so that is why they don't come with the game yet. (Hopefully soon!) Otherwise, they are available on the SVN server right now!
little correction: public domain GNU GPL :ninja:
ouch
Trained
Trained

Post by ouch »

another thing to note is that if you start with structures you get all your research upgraded a bit too which shortens the game a little.
JackHavoc
New user

Post by JackHavoc »

O.O I like long games, makes winning more satisfying =P
Zi-Chan
Trained
Trained

Post by Zi-Chan »

Whiy is this Thread both in "General discussion" and "General feedback" at the same Time? Is this intended?

For making this not only Off-Topic: I like long Games too, but not always. O_o
Specially when i already know, that i will win - it's boring after a While to wipe our your Enemies. :|
I would want something like a red Button for a "Secret Weapon", that would help you, when you get wiped out (only once), so that the Game doesn't end yet. Would give you a last Chance.
Last edited by Zi-Chan on 10 Oct 2008, 18:01, edited 1 time in total.
Tiberian
Trained
Trained

Post by Tiberian »

yes, a game of warzone is a hell of an undertaking. And i wouldn't like to see that change at all.
fisk0
Trained
Trained

Post by fisk0 »

I don't want that to change either. I love to play matches for several hours, which I think Total Annihilation and Warzone 2100 are almost alone to have among RTS games.
Though I think Warzone could use a more branched tech tree, which might allow for some much more varied matches, and not having everyone going for the same technologies in the end. I don't know exactly how it would be done, but I think there should be different future technologies which you should usually not research at the same time in the game, having players go in different tech direction over the course of the game. Perhaps more long range, supersonic or light speed, slow reload railguns and laser cannons against more missile tech, different kinds of homing missiles, perhaps cruise missile style stuff, and a third line with high rate of fire weapons, autocannons, particle cannons (though there we get close to the railgun stuff) and some really fast firing heavy gatling style chainguns (sure, that's 200 year old tech, but they look really futuristic in games).
Desktop: AMD Athlon X3 440 3.0ghz, 4GB RAM, Radeon HD4200, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Laptop: AMD Athlon X2 QL-64 2.1Ghz, 3GB RAM, Radeon HD3200, Windows Vista Home Basic 32-bit & Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit