LAN game

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Deep2388
New user

LAN game

Post by Deep2388 »

hey i tried having again agaist a friend of mine so i put the resurrection project installer on both comps , set up a game but the other comp coudent find the game. i was using a router so i was wondering if that could make a diforence or if i could set it up to use the router as a host for the game. becaus my router transmits at 54 mbps and my internet connection is terrible and only transmits at 10 kbps. help would be greatly appriciated
Kreuvf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: LAN game

Post by Kreuvf »

Which version? Which OSes? How does the network-setup look like?
Molotov
Trained
Trained

Post by Molotov »

Well, I used to play X-Wing Vs. TIE Fighter on my network, and it was actually very simple.

All you have to do is go to whatismyip.com(or .net, if i got the address wrong), host on THAT computer, and then put in the IP Address given by the website in to the Direct IP multiplayer. It should find it.
Hope this helps.
You have five minutes to comply,
0R 3|$3 1T$ FR%1N6 T1M3!!!!!11!!!1!
grvalderrama
Rookie
Rookie

Post by grvalderrama »

Hi, I have a problem when I try to play a LAN game, and I was wondering if anybody could help me. I have 2 PCs connected directly (no routers, and things like that) and running W2100 2.3, I believe, and W7 and Vista. So, I host the game from one pc and the other will never connect to the game, always says something like "connection error" (sorry, I'm not at home now). Is there anything I should know to config the game? Thanks! :lecture:
TVR
Trained
Trained

Post by TVR »

grvladerrama, do those PCs have Auto-MDIX?

If not, do you have the ethernet crossover cable? Or only regular ethernet cable?
grvalderrama
Rookie
Rookie

Post by grvalderrama »

Since the Pcs are connected directly, I use a crossover cable. The network actually works great with C&C Generals and CS Source, just to give you 2 examples... BUT I cannot config the network for sharing folders and files... that may have something to do.
By the way, sorry for my english, it's not my original language. Thanks for answering!

I will try it again this night when I install W7 in the older PC, if anything goes wrong, I'll ask for your help! Thanks, bye!
grvalderrama
Rookie
Rookie

Post by grvalderrama »

grvalderrama wrote:Since the Pcs are connected directly, I use a crossover cable. The network actually works great with C&C Generals and CS Source, just to give you 2 examples... BUT I cannot config the network for sharing folders and files... that may have something to do.
By the way, sorry for my english, it's not my original language. Thanks for answering!

I will try it again this night when I install W7 in the older PC, if anything goes wrong, I'll ask for your help! Thanks, bye!
Done it, I don't really know what I've done, but it's fully functional the LAN game option! Thanks anyway!