1.10 installer problem

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Karthex
Greenhorn

1.10 installer problem

Post by Karthex »

I am having a problem installing the 1.10 patch and the world editor. they freeze whenever I try to install them and I must close them with the task manager. I currently have 1.08 installed but it has a different installer. I am running windows 98SE. I'm also using the discs if that helps.
Chojun
Regular
Regular

Re: 1.10 installer problem

Post by Chojun »

The 1.10 patch installer needs to be able to overwrite numerous files in the Warzone directory. Make sure that those files are not set to "read-only".

If that doesn't work, then I'd suggest installing the game from the CDs from scratch and installing the 1.10 patch from scratch (all original patches were cumulative).
Delphinio
Art contributor

Post by Delphinio »

maybe your installers are broken. there is a working 1.10 and world edit installer on my page.
http://www.warzone-2100.com try this one.
Karthex
Greenhorn

Post by Karthex »

hmm, reinstalling with those ones from that site didn'twork, the installer starts but the buttons at the bottom don't work.
Chojun
Regular
Regular

Post by Chojun »

Karthex,

It sounds like you may not be running native Windows if you're having problems with the installer.

Other than that, I can't help you because the installer works fine under Win98SE.
Karthex
Greenhorn

Post by Karthex »

got it fixed, updated visual basic to 6 and it began working, thanks for the help. it is native windows btw.
Chojun
Regular
Regular

Post by Chojun »

Oh, heh, ic.

The installers work just fine under Win 98SE so I guess the earlier version of VB you had must've overwritten the dialog/control libraries with older versions.