Research Tree "Cheat Sheet"

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
cruise
Trained
Trained

Research Tree "Cheat Sheet"

Post by cruise »

For those that are new (and myabe a few veterans) I've extended my research tree browser http://casual-tempest.net/projects/wz2100/ to produce minimal research paths for a group of technologies.

I've also added descriptions for all the technologies, as requested by several people.

It obviously won't guarantee it's the most efficient order, but it should be everything you need to open up the selected techs...

I find it damn handy, so hopefully y'all will too.

Let me know if you find any bugs and such, obviously :P
cruise
Trained
Trained

Re: Research Tree "Cheat Sheet"

Post by cruise »

Since this has proved so popular (:P) I decided to update the data files with the latest 2.1 ones (instead of the very very old ones it was using before) - so apologies if you're not playing 2.1, but hey, why not? :P
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

cruise wrote:Since this has proved so popular (:P) I decided to update the data files with the latest 2.1 ones (instead of the very very old ones it was using before) - so apologies if you're not playing 2.1, but hey, why not? :P
Nice job.:)

How are you generating this? Is it some script? If so, do you offer that anyplace? Maybe the devs can put it into the repo, if you make it available, and the proper license?
cruise
Trained
Trained

Post by cruise »

Just a basic PHP page which parses the text data files and sticks it into an array.

It's very simple - about 5 minutes work for any decent coder, but if the devs are intrested, I'm happy to share..