Just a question cause I don't know

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
JimmyJack
Trained
Trained

Just a question cause I don't know

Post by JimmyJack »

I don't have internet connection for my laptop, or not good connection. So I download most of my maps and mods for Warzone to my android phone. Then tether to my windows laptop and send the files over. Then I delete the files on the phone. Or I think I am deleting the files on my phone. So the question is when I use the windows phone tool (I forget the name for it) to retrieve and then delete files on the phone does it really delete the files from the phone or does it just hide them from the windows tool so it looks like they have been deleted?

My phone's memory is filling up and I can't explain why. I think that this may be it but I don't know how to find out if the files are still on the phone or not.
Transmission ends ...
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Re: Just a question cause I don't know

Post by MaNGusT »

JimmyJack wrote: 26 May 2020, 00:12My phone's memory is filling up and I can't explain why.
try to use another clean tool from play market. if it will not help, then you need to make a hard reset. It will clean everything on your phone even contacts. If it will not help, then your phone's memory is "dying", internal or sd card or both.
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Can't you just use your phone as a mobile hotspot and use its internet connection directly from your laptop? Then you don't have to worry about what the apps are doing.
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
JimmyJack
Trained
Trained

Post by JimmyJack »

MaNGusT - I have downloaded "file managers" before all they did was show me all the folders that are on my phone but they would show those folders as empty. I know my phone is not just a bunch of empty file folders so, I don't know what is up with that, but no help there. I will have another look at the play store and see what they have.

Jorzi - My phone downloads better then the laptop dose through the phone. It takes an hour to get an MG downloaded through the hotspot. My phone is like 10 min. (with out high speed) Using what Verison calls "always on" speeds. But the biggest problem is the laptop will drop a download because the phone looses contact with the tower and will not pick it up again when the phone reestablishes contact with the tower.

Really guys I just want to know that the files I am deleting through windows is really being deleted.
Transmission ends ...
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Sounds to me like microsoft is just intentionally clogging up their own phones so that people will change them as fast as possible. That way they can end their support faster now that they are no longer making windows phones.
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

You can use something like https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.goo ... diskusage/ to see what's filling your storage.
We want information... information... information.
JimmyJack
Trained
Trained

Post by JimmyJack »

Thanks cybersphinx I will give F-droid a go. It looks like a good app to have anyway.

@Jorzi That dose sound like Microsoft. :lol2: But this one is an android phone. It is old though. Moto G-4 play. I have had the thing for years.
Transmission ends ...
Lujan2
New user

Post by Lujan2 »

cybersphinx wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 17:06 You can use something like https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.goo ... diskusage/ to see what's filling your storage.
Thanks for this it's work for me.
SelmaAdam
New user

Post by SelmaAdam »

Have tried accessing your files on the laptop via data cable.Doing these you will be able to see folders and their contents easily.