Some Trash Talkin' WZ MP

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Some Trash Talkin' WZ MP

Post by Rman Virgil »

--------->

* I'm imagining tourney play between the "Cathedral" guys vs. the "Bazaar" fellas.

* A mano a mano opportunity to take some peeps "to school", teach 'em some basic manners & chit like that.

* If we resided within geographic proximity I would challenge, let's say Per, to a one on one game of round-ball-hoops.

* First I'd do ya with a turn-around fade-away jumper from 23 ft. out - swoosh....

* Then I'd shake 'n bake ya in the key & toss-in a baby sky-hook ala Magic.... swoosh.

* Lastly, I'd take ya to the hole & without mercy slam-dunk in your face....were talkin' razor burn, bud... heh.

* Wow, I'm getting goose-bumps imagining it... ;)

* Oh well, since hoops are not a real possibility I will  gladly settle for giving ya a good trouncing in WZ MP. Or as we call it in the States - "Takin' ya to school..."

* Don't get your jock all in a jangle - it's all in good fun, hehe. :)

* Whatcha think ? Be up for a head to head sometime down the road when we're not so consumed with our respective projects, etc. ?

- RV :D

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
coppercore
Trained
Trained

Re: Some Trash Talkin' WZ MP

Post by coppercore »

Wow, I detect a challenege. Look out, I think he is serious. :)

Oh, and hi again. ;D
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

* Hey CC... what's up... :)

* Check this bull chit out I've been tossed.

-------->

* K..... seems to be a cultural vacume in the upper echelons that equates Basketball vernacular with Ultimate Fighting.... yep, can you believe it.... as if in my hoop jive I was suggesting physically beating-up Per and that would have qualified me for banning from these bbs - a totally absurd proposition... but whatever - * shrug *

* So you wanna throw your "leetest" player at me and it ain't Per - fine... I'll not only take 'em on but I will give him in ADVANCE my strat for handing him a can of wuppass (also an Amercanism that has nothing to do with physical threats... I cannot get over how ridiculous that sounds to me.... sheesh.)

* Oh yea, if this thread or my posts here (or elsewhere) in your estimation qualify me for banning - go right ahead if it'll prop-up your collective confidence to do so. Anything to help the WRP.

....  Rman *"shakes in his boots"* awaiting the verdict of the WRP "gods"... hehe, yea right. ;)

* Choosing to respond to this challenge with suggestions of banning is odd - and yet there are a dozen recent positive, constructive, informed, helpful posts I've made that you elitists  deliberately ignore... what's that all about ? Well, publically you ignore but in other venues & taskings it's a diff story.

* Oh well - success is a dish best served cold.

* It's actually quite a bore dealing  with this combo of skittish school-marm & aloof poseur "gods", so..

- Cya 'round, RV :)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Post by EvilGuru »

Oh well - success is a dish best served cold.
I am sure that is revenge? ;)

As for the best player in the WRP... not sure there.

However a friendly game is always fun, now that the netcode is getting stable. I do not see any reason why not. Probably best to wait until 2.1, however I believe it is possible to run 1.10 (or any Windows version) under Wine, so what the heck.

So why not?

Regards, Freddie.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

One should be careful when writing in a forum where the majority of people reading do not have English as their native language or the same cultural reference points. Some things easily get misunderstood.

I am often up for a game, and the best way to challenge me is just to find me in the IRC channel. However, I must warn you - I am a horrible player!
"Make a man a fire, you keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, you keep him warm for the rest of his life."
Serman
Trained
Trained

Post by Serman »

I think I'm gonna be the one sending you back to school, Rman.  ;)

What say we have a one-on-one match, on my favorite court called "T1-Concrete"

I'm availible on the weekdays, email me on [email protected] to make arrangements.
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Post by EvilGuru »

Make sure you record the match. Always good watching replays.

Regards, Freddie.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

this is not and should not be taken as violence/threats etc...

:o

oh my!  its gonna be a knock down drag out old fashioned last man standing rush flatmap (ewwww) battle of the giants...  ;D

damn - where is spectator mode when ya needs it.... >:(

and good luck !!
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Per wrote: I am often up for a game, and the best way to challenge me is just to find me in the IRC channel. However, I must warn you - I am a horrible player!
4 words.

get off my land

:D
and it ends here.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

-------->

* K.... cultural misunderstanding, apologies all around, water under the bridge.... let's move on to the fun of all our varied WZ engagements. :)

* All righty then, this is my proposal for whoever wants to take it up.

* Best 3 outta 5 tourney style, alternating .exes (WRP & 2200) and in the case of a 2-2 tie we play the 5th game rubber match with Pumpkin's pure v.1.10.

* We each pick a map to play on our alternate turns throughout the match (for a total of 2 maps).

* I haven't had your .exe on my comp for over 4 months & even then I just played SP with it for reasons you probably already know - so with all the changes you guys are making I don't really know it.

* And obviously you have yet to play our .exe

* Basically that makes it a wash as far as "edges" on one side or the another.

* I said I would tell you in advance what I'm gonna do.

* Like Lav sagely indicated, the Map I will choose will be flat & high oil... there are 100's of 'em.

* I'm not messin around with turteling & defenses & all that.... I'm goin straight for the jugular and plan on taking out whoever in less than 15 minutes. We'll see how that works out.

* You pick whatever map you want, don't matter to me. I've played 'em all scores of time's against strong human players in many LAN parties over the years..

* That's it on my end.

* Ball's in your court. Think it over. There's time as you'll wanna check-out our .exe just because it's the smart thing to do under the proposed terms.

- Regards, RV :)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Post by EvilGuru »

'm goin straight for the jugular
Isn't that how you are supposed to kill a circus!? (Old joke my Chemistry teacher used to say).

I will see if WZ2200 runs on Linux, if not then it may have to be WRP only. (There is a good chance that it will run under Wine, however.) Mac users are sadly (for the most part) out of luck.

Any strat is fine by me.

Regards, Freddie.
doom3r
Regular
Regular

Post by doom3r »

* And obviously you have yet to play our .exe

you mean wz2200?
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

doom3r wrote: you mean wz2200?
Yes, he does.
Chojun
Regular
Regular

Post by Chojun »

Does a crash count as a win or loss?
The best thing to do when your philosophies don't stand up to debate is to lock the thread and claim victory.
doom3r
Regular
Regular

Post by doom3r »

Does a crash count as a win or loss?
that should e count as tie, but the player who crashed should report the error dump to see if he didnt cheat by leaving