Help on XP

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
RubenSmit
New user

Help on XP

Post by RubenSmit »

Can 2100 work on XP and how?!?
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Re: Help on XP

Post by EvilGuru »

RubenSmit wrote: Can 2100 work on XP and how?!?
Have you tried it?
RubenSmit
New user

Post by RubenSmit »

EvilGuru wrote: Have you tried it?
Com on man will i go through all that trouble registering and sending a post if i didnt try it???

Dude i am not figting!!

I would REALLY like to play It. It is the first game i ever bought. I finished it about a million times.

Sorry for my spelling I am AFR from South Africa
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Post by EvilGuru »

What version of Warzone are you using? It sounds like 1.10, however you should probably be using 2.0.10 http://wz2100.net/downloads .

Regards, Freddie.
RubenSmit
New user

Post by RubenSmit »

EvilGuru wrote: What version of Warzone are you using? It sounds like 1.10, however you should probably be using 2.0.10 http://wz2100.net/downloads .

Regards, Freddie.
Ja it is the first of the game. No patches nothing origanal and classic "Got it with a big red box"

How do I fix it??
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

for the original game - go to... http://files.warzone2100.de/index.php?dir=updates%2F

download the 1.10 update and install it.
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
marcmad
Trained
Trained

Post by marcmad »

euh that in deutch. Can you said to me exactly where to download it. i buy warzone in 1999 and i have windows xp. I dont know how to run it and i dont know what was all the patch. i am noob whit a computer :-[ .sorry if its not spelled correctly because english was not my 1 language ::)
The best tactit is to mixted up the great tank,the little tank, the adav and the cyborg. And whit this army, doing great stratégie.

(Je suis un français du quebec. yai!!!)
doom3r
Regular
Regular

Post by doom3r »

Hey no problem Wz runs fine on Xp, just go to the Downloads menu (on the upper-right side) and download  Windows installer for 2.0.10
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

RubenSmit wrote: Com on man will i go through all that trouble registering and sending a post if i didnt try it???

Dude i am not figting!!

I would REALLY like to play It. It is the first game i ever bought. I finished it about a million times.

Sorry for my spelling I am AFR from South Africa
The problem is that the original version (1.x)  is not really the same as what this project's version is.
Technically, these forums are only for the 'Warzone 2100 Resurrection' version, and not the original, but as you can see, people can still help you out.

They are very close, but this version (2.x) don't use directX, & doesn't have the videos.
They can't play against each other either.

IMO, the 2.x is the better version in terms of interface, and you are not limited to running it on a 16bit desktop/screen.  Of course 2.x also has some other nice features also. :)
and it ends here.
marcmad
Trained
Trained

Post by marcmad »

do you have it in french? ???
The best tactit is to mixted up the great tank,the little tank, the adav and the cyborg. And whit this army, doing great stratégie.

doom3r
Regular
Regular

Post by doom3r »

You mean Wz in french? Right now, I dont think so. We're currently working on the game's localization, for example, im working on the Italian translation (35% done till now). Translations will be included in the next version of the installer as soon as they are ready.
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

marcmad wrote: do you have it in french? ???
If you make it, we have it. :)

Hm... I thought we had an i18n page in the wiki, but apparently that was a dream of mine...
If someone knows how translating warzone works (eg. with poedit), we'd surely like to have a small tutorial/guide. :)
marcmad
Trained
Trained

Post by marcmad »

i have the original in french ;D .i dont know a lot of computer.can someones give where are exactly all the think i can download about warzone 2100
sry if i dont understood you. i have only 15 year old and i dont know a lot in english :-\. if you already give the ensure before give more precision.  thank

marcmad
Trained
Trained

Post by marcmad »

oh and how to have full screen. i have bad eyes :'(

Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

marcmad wrote: oh and how to have full screen. i have bad eyes :'(
If you are using 2.x, then on the command line (or shorcut) add
--fullscreen to the very end of warzone2100.exe.

If you use a shortcut, and it says "c:\program files\warzone2100\warzone2100.exe"
Then just modify it like:
"c:\program files\warzone2100\warzone2100.exe"  --fullscreen

You can also make it 640x480 or whatever resolution you want by adding  --resolution 800x600

If you click on the main page, the download links & wiki will tell you more.
and it ends here.