bad publicity?

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
montetank
Regular
Regular

bad publicity?

Post by montetank »

Did you know? In the 2 most important and biggest sites for hardware/software-downloads in germany : CHIP.de and COMPUTERBILD.de our game is for more than 3 years in the top 10 charts for strategy-games. Now i must see this for the portable-Version in Chip.de :?
In ComputerBild.de without the video only 92 MB. My friends from Germany dont want to download the 640 MB version-who is responsible for this?
PS-I must explain-the left picture is from december last year-right is the new one for the portable version... i put the two pictures together....
PS II-The screenshot-gallery in CHIP.de is terrible. No way to influence?
Attachments
Bild.PNG
Bild.PNG (81.94 KiB) Viewed 4206 times
Charts.png
Charts.png (43.32 KiB) Viewed 4206 times
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Re: bad publicity?

Post by vexed »

We got nothing to do with them, and I have no idea who updates them.
As for the 640MB version, that should be ~675MBs. It includes the campaign videos.
We also offer one without the videos.

Life would be easier if they would just link to sourceforge, so people can decide which one they want.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone ... ses/3.1.2/
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

vexed wrote:
Life would be easier if they would just link to sourceforge, so people can decide which one they want.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone ... ses/3.1.2/
They have both links to our site. And i commend the sourceforge link there. May i ask the technical editing to put other screenshots in the gallery? The pictures are old (not the new rev. art), bad quality and only with scavs, without vtols and advanced bases. I know, that germans look at this before download. Should be also in the interest of the two sites. My german is perfect. Its my first language.
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Sure, feel free to tell them to fix whatever needs fixing.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

What those sites basically do is offer any piece of (any form of) free software they can find, and SEO their sites to come up before the official sites. Pretty hard to fix, especially by contacting them.
We want information... information... information.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

cybersphinx wrote: Pretty hard to fix, especially by contacting them.
It is not :) I made a contact today with chip.de. Tomorrow i should speak to Michael Humpa. Should be no problem. What i need is a good vid and a screenshotgallery. Watch this bad one......http://www.chip.de/video/Trailer-Warzon ... 69181.html