Anyone still around from the Mplayer days?

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Vegita
New user

Anyone still around from the Mplayer days?

Post by Vegita »

I was CC-Vegita back then and had a shiny name for a while from one of the tournaments (T1 low oil). Just discovered this site/forum more than a decade later, gotta thank the staff for keeping this game alive!
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Re: Anyone still around from the Mplayer days?

Post by vexed »

Yeah, some people are still around. :)
Lots of changed aliases though.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
juspurfreakofnatur
Greenhorn

Post by juspurfreakofnatur »

hello vegita, ironically ive been coming back and forth to this forum for a couple of months and i decided to type in "mplayer" to find this just yesterday but had a problem getting through registration lol. when i mean ironic i mean ironic... dont suppose you remember me; I would be CC-Mr. Freeze, or psycho?? cant even remember given its been over 13years? haha. i still kept in contact with CC-Cannibal if interested
Vegita
New user

Post by Vegita »

juspurfreakofnatur wrote:hello vegita, ironically ive been coming back and forth to this forum for a couple of months and i decided to type in "mplayer" to find this just yesterday but had a problem getting through registration lol. when i mean ironic i mean ironic... dont suppose you remember me; I would be CC-Mr. Freeze, or psycho?? cant even remember given its been over 13years? haha. i still kept in contact with CC-Cannibal if interested
I def remember a Mr. Freeze, though pretty much everything from back then is fuzzy haha. I do remember hanging out in the "CC Luv Shack" room with all those trendy special characters many hours a night.
juspurfreakofnatur
Greenhorn

as the moderator said know as its no different from the past; changes of alias's; i use to be AF-Leader and all that malarkey too. yeah i remember luv shack, smooth talking on microphone haha
juspurfreakofnatur
Greenhorn

one day we should play again. probably out leagued nowadays, i was like that when i played counter strike global offensive... loss of touch haha. be right!
Vegita
New user

Post by Vegita »

So just for nostalgia's sake, I've been searching around for the original NTW map... the one that was popular during the mplayer heyday (no walls, 4 trucks on advanced bases, etc) and I can't find it anywhere. Anybody mind pointing me in the right direction?
juspurfreakofnatur
Greenhorn

i have a zip file with majority of the original maps including all the teamwars and ultimatepower etc. unfortunately due to their format i havent been able to work them into this version of the game... ive looked around here and theres suppose to be a converter but the page has died since then so no luck
Delphinio
Art contributor

Post by Delphinio »

Vegita wrote:So just for nostalgia's sake, I've been searching around for the original NTW map... the one that was popular during the mplayer heyday (no walls, 4 trucks on advanced bases, etc) and I can't find it anywhere. Anybody mind pointing me in the right direction?
original New_TeamWar:
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=6333&p=68453#p68453
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

Yes. As I type this, this is my first time revisiting this game in 6 years. I played from 1999 - 2007. My usernames were chem_shadow, dr-omikron and mih-xtc.
Delphinio
Art contributor

Post by Delphinio »

MIH-XTC wrote:I played from 1999 - 2007. My usernames were chem_shadow, dr-omikron and mih-xtc.
I remember you, XTC : ).
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

The longevity of this game amazes me.
Weered
New user

Post by Weered »

Who said the Mplayer days are over? :D

I made a fresh post so as to not bump this old one but it is waiting approval. I`ll throw the link in here when or if it gets approved.