dev_package outdated?

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Watermelon
Code contributor
Code contributor

dev_package outdated?

Post by Watermelon »

Hello I am new to this game/forum.Warzone2100 is great game,especially for its replayability,so bad I missed such a great game a few years ago.Thanks for the hard works. :)

Back to topic,I was very keen to the latest features('locked team' vs cpu etc),so I grabbed the latest cvs source from gna and tried to compile the source in windows with mingw few days ago,I followed the instructions in compile.html step by step carefully,then installed dev_package,the compile was successfully but it compains about few missing libs:libpng13,libjpeg6b and a few unresolved reference to functions in phyfs-1.0.1 etc when linking the objects.

Initially I thought I did something wrong while following the instructions in compile.html,so I uninstalled/reinstalled all tools,but it still returned the same errors.

After a few hours' investigation and 'googling'(because I am still newbie to C/C++  :D) ,I finally figured out the libs in dev_package are dated and no longer compatible with the latest cvs source,so I downloaded png 1.2.13beta,jpeg6b,phyfs-1.1.0 source and compile them into .a libs,then copied them into dev_package/lib folder,mingw compiled it successfully with these changes. :)

I dont know if there are newer dev_package available for download,if not please consider updating the dev_package,so others wont run into the same problem while compiling the latest source,thanks. :)
tasks postponed until the trunk is relatively stable again.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Re: dev_package outdated?

Post by cybersphinx »

You need the dev package that's on gna.org, go to http://download.gna.org/warzone/development/. And someone needs to update COMPILE.html, or remove it completely, since COMPILE seems to be more up to date.
We want information... information... information.
Watermelon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Watermelon »

Thanks.I tried to download that one from gna site,but it's either broken or restricted,so is the 2.0.5_rc1 windows full executable on gna.

The dev_package I was using was a 7zip self-extract executable(2.7mb or so,date 2005-11-22),libpng13,libjpeg6b,phyfs were outdated in that package,thats why I had to compile png13,jpeg6b,phyfs libs myself to fix the linking errors.
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

So you have all the libs compiled with MinGW? Do you have the static (.a) libs? Would be nice if you could send them to me. :) (If I have a complete set of libs for Windows, I won't have to compile with MSVC and thus the MSVC redist wouldn't be needed which would reduce the problems for WinXP users. :)

I just fixed the permissions on the download server...
Watermelon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Watermelon »

Sure,check your pm please. :)
Suprano
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Suprano »

I also found this one, which may help you as well:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... up_id=7382

--Ano
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

They are quite outdated...
I'll try to crosscompile everything on Linux.
Suprano
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Suprano »

Well i think there is e.g. no newer version of jpeg then beta6, but i have no idea what is uptodate  with the other libs...

--Ano