The Doc's Bio Lab for Scav Experiments - & other oddities.

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Originway
Trained
Trained

Re: The Doc's Bio Lab for Scav Experiments - & other odditie

Post by Originway »

Rman Virgil wrote:.
If anyone feels they have insights into the evil of the man and those events, please do share.
evil is in the eye of the beholder
what you find evil may not be evil to someone else
history is written by victors and propagandists
people turn a blind eye to things that other people would find offensive
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Perhaps a couple frames of reference on my end about the secular, objective, reality of malevolence would be useful. Some of what I'm attending in the process of formulating my understanding on this subject.
Most of us have our lists of people whom we regard as profoundly evil. And a number of us also think that the people on our lists are mentally ill, deranged, insane, or crazy. But is being evil really a mark of mental illness? Can moral character determine mental health?

Without a clear understanding of what it means to be evil, it is difficult to answer this question. So what, in the first place, does it mean to be evil?

People are not evil because they have done bad things or else we'd all be evil. As Aristotle maintained, being evil portends a persistent habit of doing bad things. Moreover, evil people know that what they are doing is bad but choose to do so anyway. They therefore act with malicious intent. Moreover, evil people typically care little or not at all that what they are doing is or may be harmful to others; and some evil people even derive sadistic pleasure from it. Moreover, some evil people are very cunning and can disguise their evil intentions and lack of regard for others. These individuals may be con artists or even charming rapists or murderers. Of course, there are degrees of evil and some evil people are not as evil as others. For example, it is arguable that a person willing to kill you and be amused by it is more evil than a person who is only willing to steal your money.
SOURCE Page

AND....
Hostility, hatred, and violence are the greatest evils we have to contend with today. Evil is now--ever has been, and ever will be--an existential reality, an inescapable fact with which we mortals must reckon. In virtually every culture there has existed some word for evil, a universal, linguistic acknowledgment of the archetypal presence of "something that brings sorrow, distress, or calamity...; the fact of suffering, misfortune, and wrongdoing."[1] Yet another of Webster's traditional definitions links the English word evil with all that is "angry... wrathful,... [and] malignant."[2] The term evil has always been closely associated with anger, rage, and, of course, violence. But today we seem uncomfortable with this antiquated concept. Our discomfort resides largely in the religious and theological implications of evil, based on values, ethics, and morals that many today find judgmental, dogmatic, and passé. In a secular society like ours, we Americans have tended to avoid biblical characterizations such as "sin," "wickedness," "iniquity," and evil."[3] Nevertheless, as Jungian analyst Liliane Frey-Rohn rightly remarks: "Evil is a phenomenon that exists and has always existed only in the human world. Animals know nothing of it. But there is no form of religion, of ethics, or of community life in which it is not important. What is more, we need to discriminate between evil and good in our daily fife with others, and as psychologists in our professional work. And yet it is difficult to give a precise definition of what we mean psychologically by these terms."[4]
SOURCE Page

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Rman Virgil wrote:.
If anyone feels they have insights into the evil of the man and those events, please do share.
Originway wrote:evil is in the eye of the beholder
It is true sociopaths will see their acts as perfectly normal, deeply satisfying, and not evil.

Unlike beauty, which invokes the diverse aesthetics of different cultures and world views, I believe there is much common ground to agree on what constitues evil. The acts of serial killers, genocide, kidnapping babies and roasting 'em like pigs on a spit and then eating them with a side of apple sauce, etc.
Originway wrote: what you find evil may not be evil to someone else
Same can be said about many things. But I still think there is universal common ground.
Originway wrote: history is written by victors and propagandists
There is a lot of truth to that. But it can be subverted and has been. The vanquished donot really go away entirely. Not even in genocide.
Originway wrote: people turn a blind eye to things that other people would find offensive
True. And sometimes therein are revealed pathologies with profound ramifications for species survival..

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

For me, evil is primarily something I associate usually with groups of people rather than individuals.

Sure, there are some evil individuals. But even someone who for some reason goes psycho (eg. columbine massacre) is often not what I'd classify as evil - a nutter and danger to people around them, yes, but not necessarily evil. For that you'd have to know what drove them to commit such an act - as is increasingly the case in USA it seems to be linked to psycotropic drugs, pverty, etc., and often caused by the environment they grew up in, and so on.

Evil to me is the likes of the Nazi government - a group of people with an evil agenda. People who start wars are evil. Central banks are evil (possibly the root of all evil in the modern world?) and so on. It's these groups of sociopaths (aka psychopaths) that strike me as being evil.

For example, you get individuals doing nasty things springing up all over the place, but their effects are generally localised. They don't group together and work feverishly to invade another country or commit acts of genocide, etc.

So I guess in summary I see evil as groups of sociopaths who devote immense time and resource to organising their atrocities, and they often hide in plain sight. They have the disturbing ability to pull the wool over the eyes of the people, who often revere them and applaud them. They use this ability to commit massive atrocities and generally get away with it. In short, it's such groups of people that seem determined to eliminate all life on earth just for a laugh.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

On the collective psychosis harbored within core financial institutions (this also has application to the pathology of the corporate entity which as an "artificial person" has in the the last century been granted more rights than flesh and blood humans through the illegitimate commentary subsequent the 1886 Supreme Court decision in the case of Santa Clara County vs. Southern Pacific Railroad and this inturn serving as precident for the foundation of international corporate law):

All Wars Are Bankers Wars .

And various Anarchist Resistence Movements have arisen to counter, and ultimately subvert, this collective pychosis (some characterize it as a form of "somnambulance").

Understanding Resistance: An Introduction To Anarchism .

Then there is...

The myth of a technological salvation

Can we afford our technological salvation? .

The Siren of Technological Salvation

RL can be stranger than the fiction of WZ's backstory. All the above comes into play in rebooting the WZ backstory - at least for me it does. :hmm:

And then there is the elephant in the room we don't usually speak to. We find it fun and pleasurable, albeit vicarious and virtual, to blow things up and snuff out life. The greater good of a righteous cause would seem to be the common justification in RL (species survival ?). And in gaming ?

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Rman Virgil wrote:All the above comes into play in rebooting the WZ backstory - at least for me it does.
I very much agree! As for gaming, if humans do have a darker side that wants to blow stuff up, it's best we do it in games and not RL.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

aubergine wrote:... As for gaming, if humans do have a darker side that wants to blow stuff up, it's best we do it in games and not RL.
+1. :3

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

BTW, thought you might find this interesting, it explains a lot of stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... iHREc8n8Io (and I've researched all those things over past 7 months myself and confirmed them because I didn't believe it was true - only commercial thing you'll need is Blacks Law Dictionary or similar).
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Thank you for the "animal question" answer Rman.

I have to read about those years of dragon, monkey and other, I was attempting to do so for quite a long time. I also think I have have a small answer to the question I have asked.

I see also that the discussion about human nature turned into very interesting topic. I like aubergines point of view too.

Greetings to you gentlemen from that more tolerate city next to mine where I study :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Originway
Trained
Trained

Post by Originway »

aubergine wrote: Sure, there are some evil individuals.
are you talking about vexed? :lol2:
People who start wars are evil.
not true there are many cases throughout history that war was the only option of saving people
not everything is black and white when it comes to wars
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

aubergine wrote:BTW, thought you might find this interesting, it explains a lot of stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... iHREc8n8Io (and I've researched all those things over past 7 months myself and confirmed them because I didn't believe it was true - only commercial thing you'll need is Blacks Law Dictionary or similar).
Excellent presentation. Very informative. Thank you so much for sharing. :)

It was shocking to read one of the posters characterize it as a "rant". WTF were they looking at.

Filled in a big gap in my understanding. Basically from the forerunners of the corporation which had its roots in the UK a few hundred years back (Hudson Bay, East India Comp, et al.) to the present.

Here in the USA there is still a pretense that their is a great seperation between Govt. and Corps. Most even think The Federal Reserve is a division of the US government when in fact it is not and never was.

The big object lesson here is that most citizens donot know any of this. Why ? In this day and age when researching to uncover the facts has never been easier and yet so few bother to seek it out for themselves. Why is that ? When the word "somnambulance" comes up, this is what comes to mind. :hmm:

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

The lines between banks, governments, militaries, and big corps are all blurred away now - they are essentially all the same entity, ultimately controlled by the central banking cartel.

You may also find of interest that one group has used their own regulations (UCC = Universal Commerical Code IIRC) against them to foreclose all governments because they have committed fraud and slavery on a massive scale. Whether this is true or not, I have no idea, but there do appear to be valid SEC filings against the governments which they have been unable to rebut, hence mandatory foreclosures. http://oppt-in.com/ I saw a video they released but they all looked too smiley making me think it might be some form of scam for people who are easily parted with their money (much like banking heh).
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

I'll check it out. Thank you.

Currently I am studying a recently published work by Paul Levy called "Dispelling Wetiko" that strikes me as cutting to the very core of all this madness.

http://www.disinfo.com/2013/02/exclusiv ... e-of-evil/

http://www.redicecreations.com/radio/20 ... 130117.php

http://www.amazon.com/Dispelling-Wetiko ... 912&sr=1-1

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Rman, again from a differne kettle of fish again.

Tomb Rider review for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bASdmh4URg&hd=1

I desire this game. And I want to disclaim the rumours which asys I like the game even more because of the girl who conducts the review :3

Regards,

Mero - the cool games advisor ;)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Merowingg wrote:Rman, again from a differne kettle of fish again.

Tomb Rider review for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bASdmh4URg&hd=1

I desire this game. And I want to disclaim the rumours which asys I like the game even more because of the girl who conducts the review :3

Regards,

Mero - the cool games advisor ;)
:lol2:

Thanks Mero. :)

It's getting close. March 5th here. As much as I look forward to playing it, I may hold off till I get back from my sabbatical in Sedona, AZ. We'll see. :hmm:

Regards, Rman. :D

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo