The Doc's Bio Lab for Scav Experiments - & other oddities.

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Re: The Doc's Bio Lab for Scav Experiments - & other odditie

Post by aubergine »

"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Those are all pivotal insights and suggestions, aubergine. :3

They give me a better grasp of what events to shift closer to our time frame and how I may inject a sense of accelerating change moving foward in time.

Giving greater emphasis to GMO related events and using VR Gaming as a vehicle for NWO PsyOps are singular milestones fitting that earlier time frame shift.

The Yale - Harvard thing could be justified narratively as Reed wanting to get away from his dad's shadow and influence - or he could be the good son following in his father's footsteps. I'll change it to Yale to firm up Reed's early ties to the NWO.

The FBI's main terrorist doc makes for thought provoking reading: http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publi ... -2002-2005

I've contemplated using different language from the point of view of those engaged in militant-radical resistence. The establishment would brand them "Terrorists" but they would push back as "Freedom Fighters"..... the crux pivot being what is acceptable "collateral damage". This was a core struggle for me in creating my main resistance character - which I decided not to declare explicitely in the expanded timeline.

But back to the language question. I'd like to explore an alternative to "terrorist". Just not certain what that could be right now.

Good climate change resource. :3

In general, I think all the major touchstones of future change are captured in the expanded timeline. How close we come to nailing the emergent time frames is not anything we will ever be able to judge but from the vantage of hindesight 10-20 years from now. In composing the novel, vividly portraying the visceral impact of the change touchstones on characters that leap off the page is more the goal than precise calender dateing of future events. But still, we'll try to do the temporal framing of all this as best we can now. :hmm:

I'll start working on the v. 0.05 iteration. :)

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Tectonic plate shifts... ;)

Some changes reflecting latest discussion: v. 0.05

The patterns in the timeline will eventually reflect one of the tenets of mature music composition - the use of evocative rests or silence. Which is to say, filling every nook and cranny, all musical notes and no rests, is more deadening than generative. Just MHO. :hmm: The other aspect is that the Timeline is more a tool, or means, like painter's pigments and brushes and not the one painted canvas but rather the potential for many different ones in a variety of styles or aesthetics. This would translate to not only different backstories for campaigns but different gameplay modes or mixed genres like RTS with an RPG or Adventure component.....or a mix of all 3.

That noted, there's some other stuff that needs acceleration, like the later half of the Space Program, and other stuff that needs more continuity milestone mentions, like climate change ramifications, which I'll attend to in v. 0.06.
Attachments
Expanded Timeline 2018 to 2067.jpg

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Provocative historical tid bit:

Historian of Swiss descent, Jean-Jacques Babel, estimated that out of the 5,500 years or so of recorded history, there have been about 292 years of peace. War comes readily to humanity for any number of reasons and the quest for peace takes on many forms including the dark side. :hmm:

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Just finished a couple documentaries on DVD that are relevant here and will no doubt influence how I proceed with fictional depictions.

~ "If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front"

~ "Water Wars: When Drought, Flood and Greed Collide"

Both deeply provoking. Highly recommended.

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Rather than "freedom fighter" the more common terms used by people are things like: activist, occupier, anon, repeacer, etc. The word "fighter" would never, ever be used.

A great deal of effort is put in by most groups to mandate non-violence. Movements such as Occupy have specific guidelines for local groups stating how to build an run their groups. For example, at the start and end of each meeting, a clear statement must be made regarding the importance of non-violence, and when adding new members to the group they need some level of vetting to help weed out agent provocateurs. In the UK the issues with agent provocateurs run very deep - some have even become group leaders, have married people they met at the group, and so on. There are special teams at protests who video everything so that provocateurs who incite violence can be clearly singled out, there is also guidance on what to do should provocateurs try to start violence and so on.

Each collective (for want of a better word) has it's own goals, even down to local level. For example, Occupy mainly target fraud and crime in the financial sector, although there are also occupiers of specific megacorps, mainstream media outlets, political parties and even technology suppression. Repeacers, on the other hand, tend to have one group per country (and sometimes also at state/regional level) and have a general focus on corruption in politics, and civil liberties issues. The Zeitgeist Movement (TZM), which as a general rule never takes part in protests, has global, country and state/city groups, with an emphasis on using existing science & technology to facilitate sustainable use of planetary resources and free humans from wage-labour - namely the goal being to transition to an RBE. Venus Project is similar to TZM in some respects, but very much more focussed on the science and obviously the birthplace of the RBE concept. Anonymous are perhaps the most interesting group - there are several core hacker groups, but basically any non-violent activist either online or IRL is considered a member of Anonymous. These are all very vague descriptions, obviously. The groups are constantly evolving and, perhaps most importantly, constantly growing. A key thing to remember is that most groups have global presence - and not just in English speaking countries.

If you wanted a "freedom fighter" style group, that would actually consider taking up arms, you'd probably need to go looking for snakes that don't like being stepped on. Such groups, if I understand correctly, are primarily geared towards civilian defence against government tyranny, rather than promote any specific solutions to what a better form of society might look like. Such a group strikes me as a likely candidate for evolving in to the New Paradigm.

The US govt obviously treats all activism, or basically anything or anyone that might harm capitalism, as terrorists, so if you're using different language depending on perspective, terrorist would be the ubiquitous term for any and all resistance / activism.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

RRG looks like good concept (just reviewing latest timeline revision now).
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Regarding complacency virus, it would be more insidious if it was genetically targeted?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxaa9FFcGOc (obviously a spoof... I hope lol)
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Whooooa :) Hold your horses Gentlemen ;) I was almost catching up and now I dont even see the runners, I mean typers ;)

Rman did you resign from sleeping or have more free time? I ask because I am happy to see extraodinary times of submitting the posts :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Yeah, "fighter", wouldn't be used in public, esp since 9/11. All sides have gotten more media savvy in thier rhetotic, avoiding hot button words like "fighter" or any word associated with physical violence.

The common strat of the established order for dealing with all these various non-violent resistance movements against the establishment's governance and capital concentration is kid-gloves attrition - under media scrutiny. It's quite effective. I went through the ranks of the Occupy movement here in Denver 5 days a week for months. I understood the motivations and goals. I was not impressed with thier strat and tacs or thier understanding of what they were up against. I found them to be increadibly naive. Of course many were content to sit outside thier tents, play with thier dogs and smoke pot. Viva la Revolucion ! Yeah.

Here's the thing about many of the folk holding the reigns of power and wealth, besides being able to afford kid-glove attrition tacs in the public eye, they also operate effectively in the shadows and if push comes to shove they can put a bullet in your head and make your body disappear without trace as easily, and without any remorse, as licking an ice cream cone. When your up against folk willing to go that route in a pinch, peaceful sit-ins, tweeting and smokeing pot ain't gonna get much revolutionary change in effect. The conventional wisdom of the left is that net tech reach and social media have radically enabled the tacs of Thoreau, Ghandi and M. L. King Jr and thier power to rewrite who's running the show via FB crowdsourcing and Twitter flash mobs, giving a nod to the Arab Spring. I seriously question that, even if the example wasn't a blood bath for gens to come.

However.....

There is Saul of Tarsus and his 2 millenia global influence.... all begun without an army and still a force to rechone with on the global stage. One man shaping the lives of billions without tech, wealth or war machine. Trying to get a better grip on how he did what he did.....it's related to the spritual leader character that came to me a week or so ago...
Last edited by Rman Virgil on 24 May 2013, 19:28, edited 3 times in total.

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

aubergine wrote:RRG looks like good concept (just reviewing latest timeline revision now).
That was a first stab. Not done exploring alternatives. If you have any thoughts, do share. :)

Should have v. 0.06 of Part A up late this evening.

Last edited by Rman Virgil on 24 May 2013, 19:30, edited 2 times in total.

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

aubergine wrote:Regarding complacency virus, it would be more insidious if it was genetically targeted?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxaa9FFcGOc (obviously a spoof... I hope lol)
Looks like a spoof. But the deeper I get into the science, the less far-fetched it strikes me. :hmm:

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Merowingg wrote:Whooooa :) Hold your horses Gentlemen ;) I was almost catching up and now I dont even see the runners, I mean typers ;)

Rman did you resign from sleeping or have more free time? I ask because I am happy to see extraodinary times of submitting the posts :)
Well, I'm getting enough sleep its just oddly broken up - 2 hours here, 3 hours there, like that. :) Mostly, I've back-burnered my writing story, doing art and music for this more analytical and organizing effort. I can switch back and forth but it has to be spaced apart for me. I'm gonna have to take a break from this in couple days and switch to the other more improv, intuitive and subconcious work, for at least a week. I have some story scenes for the novel I need to get into Dramatica Pro, an illustration inspired by Plato's parable of the Cave and some theme music around my impressions of Transhumanism - weird sounding, I know.

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Part A, v. 0.06, of expanded timeline. Switching over to Part B to get that up by tomorro. After that, gotta break away for at least a week to work on other stuff as mentioned earlier.

Attachments
Expanded Timeline 2018 to 2067.jpg

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Interesting documentary on water wars: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjOn2THsQZg