EeePC Fresh Install

Warzone 2.2.x series. (Unsupported--read only !)
Powzone
Trained
Trained

EeePC Fresh Install

Post by Powzone »

Just reinstalled everything on my EeePC and noticed the following:

After installing WZ2100 it won't start!

The cause:

The EeePC uses a native resolution of 1024x600. The installation of WZ2100 sets 1024x800 as standard. I only changed this settings in CONFIG file to 1024x600 and it started without any problems.

The Solution:

Maybe after a fresh install, the resolution should be set to 800x600 for more "fresh install compability"... ;)

Remember that netbooks are getting more famous day by day. :D
Arch / Intel Core i9 12900 / 32GB RAM / NVidia RTX2070 Super
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Re: EeePC Fresh Install

Post by stiv »

Remember that netbooks are getting more famous day by day
Most of them are getting famous for having on-board Intel graphics chipsets along with broken Intel drivers. Glad WZ is working for you.

Out of curiosity, do you know what chipset (and OS) you have?
Powzone
Trained
Trained

Post by Powzone »

I got the following:

Windows XP Home SP3
running with a
Mobile Intel 945 Express Chipset Family

When I first installed Warzone, it didn't work, because of the factory settings. Quake 3 Arena wasn't running either. So my thoughts were: "What the heck!? Both HAVE to be running!!" So I looked at the little extra configuration utillity that comes with the GFX. So right-click the desktop and enter "Graphic Options..." (Mine's in German! It's just a guess!!) From the 4 Buttons down low enter "3D-Settings". There you have to enable "S3TC Texture Compression" (Translating again... :D ) and it should work. This setting is turned off by default!! So it's not bad drivers, it's bad settings!! ;)
Aldure
Greenhorn

Post by Aldure »

Make sure sound drivers are also up to date.
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

Powzone wrote:I got the following:

Windows XP Home SP3
running with a
Mobile Intel 945 Express Chipset Family

When I first installed Warzone, it didn't work, because of the factory settings. Quake 3 Arena wasn't running either. So my thoughts were: "What the heck!? Both HAVE to be running!!" So I looked at the little extra configuration utillity that comes with the GFX. So right-click the desktop and enter "Graphic Options..." (Mine's in German! It's just a guess!!) From the 4 Buttons down low enter "3D-Settings". There you have to enable "S3TC Texture Compression" (Translating again... :D ) and it should work. This setting is turned off by default!! So it's not bad drivers, it's bad settings!! ;)
Had the same deal with my LT a couple years back. What you are referring to is Intel's Open GL Control Panel for their Chipset-Driver - mine is easily accessible through the SysTray.

Regards, whip :cool:
Powzone
Trained
Trained

Post by Powzone »

Correct, but I disabled it in the autostart, so it's not in the tray. That's why I start off the desktop... ;)
psychopompos
Trained
Trained

Post by psychopompos »

right click the shortcut, click properties, put --resolution 1024x600 in the 'target' line.
this will make warzone run in the native resolution.

one of mine for windowed mode is
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Warzone 2100\warzone2100.exe" --cheat --window --resolution1150x800
others are for mods
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

The default isn't 800x600? Weird.

psychopompos: He knows; he said so in his first post. He's just suggesting that the default should be changed.
Powzone
Trained
Trained

Post by Powzone »

Well... it isn't 800x600. :)

I'm just done with a complete reinstallation of the OS and I only got ONE game installed. Guess what it is... :D

As known before, the game did not start, due to the Intel Config Utillity. All I've done to get it to work again was enabling the "S3 Texture Compression". This was the only setting changed!

OMG! THERE'S A MISTAKE IN THE INITIAL POST!!!!! Did nobody notice that?? 1024x800!! 800!?! :D