Testers Needed for Campaigns. w/wo FMVS!

Warzone 2.2.x series. (Unsupported--read only !)
MarcusIronfist
New user

Re: Testers Needed for Campaigns. w/wo FMVS!

Post by MarcusIronfist »

Zoloom wrote:Try to execute warzone2100 like that (in a shell) :

Code: Select all

warzone2100 --debug all
and give me the return when starting a video.

Try to make another topic for this problem...maybe more answers for you ^^
I got this info:

Code: Select all

warning : [seq_Play] Sequence display is currently disabled (sequences/cam1/c001.rpl)
warning : [seq_StartFullScreenVideo] seq_StartFullScreenVideo: unable to initialise sequence sequences/cam1/c001.rpl
Umm, after looking in the folders, there are no ".rpl" files, just ".ogg" files. Where do I find the ".rpl" files?

Oh, after a bit of digging, I figured it out. My system was still trying to run the old 2008 binary in /usr/local, but the "make install" sent the new file to /usr/local/bin. I do see the vids now.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

MarcusIronfist wrote:Ok guys, I've got the latest svn as of today (1/2/09 - r6527) and I put the sequences folder into the data/base tree so the build zips the .ogg files into base.wz during compile.

After compile completes and I run "make install", when I run the game and start a new single-player campaign, I still don't get video or audio. Is there something else I need to do, or were the vids disabled again?
Erm, 'make install' wouldn't copy the data to the correct directory, since it is optional. Once it goes official, 'make install' will work as normal, but now, you just have to copy the sequences to the whatever directory it installs everything else in.
and it ends here.
GiGaBaNE
Trained
Trained

Post by GiGaBaNE »

Buginator wrote: To use those, you *must* use a nightly build of revision of at least 6119 or higher.
Those are available here: http://warzone.mortis.eu/nightly-builds/ or http://download.gna.org/warzone/snapshots/

*ALWAYS* use a debug build, like so: warzone2100_TRUNK-r6119-debug.exe (anything higher than 6119 is ok)
on this sites main download page there is
For developers
SVN Repository
Browse SVN Repository (HTTP)
Daily Trunk Snapshoot <<<<<(this leads to http://svn.gna.org/daily/warzone-snapshot.tar.gz , is this a valid source for us to get these nightly-builds?)

Edit: ok i guess not, maybe someone could edit that link on the main download page to point to http://warzone.mortis.eu/nightly-builds/ please?
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

GiGaBaNE wrote: on this sites main download page there is
For developers
SVN Repository
Browse SVN Repository (HTTP)
Daily Trunk Snapshoot <<<<<(this leads to http://svn.gna.org/daily/warzone-snapshot.tar.gz , is this a valid source for us to get these nightly-builds?)

Edit: ok i guess not, maybe someone could edit that link on the main download page to point to http://warzone.mortis.eu/nightly-builds/ please?
What do you want edited?
and it ends here.
craigengbrecht
Trained
Trained

Post by craigengbrecht »

I downloaded Trunk Binary 6579 Dev.

Running Windows 7 - All builds work just as windows Vista, and XP is also hosted through Virtual tools.
CPU: AMD Athlon x2 4850e AM2
Motherboard: M3A ASUS motherboard.
Ram: 2GB Crucial Ballistics
Video: ASUS EAH 3450 by ATI
Test build with FMV
AMD FX X8 3.88Ghz
16GB KVM 1333Mhz
ASUS M5A97
ASUS EAH 6850 1GB
3x ASUS 1920x1080 VW246H
1x 5000GB Primary
1x 1TB Internal
1x 3TB Internal
madfalcon81
Trained
Trained

Post by madfalcon81 »

a weird thing happened in campaign..at first 3-4 mission, i dont remeber exactly: theres the oil derrick..the one in lower position on the map...and it says: "Cannot build, oil resource burning". But this happened a few MINUTES after that, and so on. Restarted, loaded and still nothing. Today (so a day after first attempt), tryed again and worked fine.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

madfalcon81 wrote:a weird thing happened in campaign..at first 3-4 mission, i dont remeber exactly: theres the oil derrick..the one in lower position on the map...and it says: "Cannot build, oil resource burning". But this happened a few MINUTES after that, and so on. Restarted, loaded and still nothing. Today (so a day after first attempt), tryed again and worked fine.
fixed.
and it ends here.
manictiger
Rookie
Rookie

Post by manictiger »

I'm not sure if this is where I am supposed to report bugs with the current 2.2 Build as of May 28th, but here goes.
Sometimes when I try to recycles units, the first button does nothing leaving the second button [the one that confirms the decision to recycle a unit] grayed out and disabled. Closing and restarting the program seems to fix this. Also, only on one occasion, after getting blown up by the enemy on mission 2 [power surge detected], the southernmost oil derrick went through the animation resulting in what looks like a non-burning resource, but I was unable to build another oil derrick on it because the game thought the resource was still burning. Restarting the game fixed this one as well and I did not come across it again yet [I'll have more info once I've only gotten further along the game (I'm only at mission 5 right now)]. I am aware these are small problems, but if you don't have anything more urgent to do, then, those are two minor issues I've come across.

P.S. Go ahead and move this to the proper thread if I misplaced it. Thank you for your time. Sincerely and a long time fan, Brian.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

manictiger wrote:I'm not sure if this is where I am supposed to report bugs with the current 2.2 Build as of May 28th, but here goes.
Sometimes when I try to recycles units, the first button does nothing leaving the second button [the one that confirms the decision to recycle a unit] grayed out and disabled. Closing and restarting the program seems to fix this. Also, only on one occasion, after getting blown up by the enemy on mission 2 [power surge detected], the southernmost oil derrick went through the animation resulting in what looks like a non-burning resource, but I was unable to build another oil derrick on it because the game thought the resource was still burning. Restarting the game fixed this one as well and I did not come across it again yet [I'll have more info once I've only gotten further along the game (I'm only at mission 5 right now)]. I am aware these are small problems, but if you don't have anything more urgent to do, then, those are two minor issues I've come across.

P.S. Go ahead and move this to the proper thread if I misplaced it. Thank you for your time. Sincerely and a long time fan, Brian.
The burning oil on a non burning resource was fixed, as for the other stuff... um... since I am :zZz: I will get back to you tomorrow.
and it ends here.
manictiger
Rookie
Rookie

Post by manictiger »

Buginator wrote:The burning oil on a non burning resource was fixed, as for the other stuff... um... since I am :zZz: I will get back to you tomorrow.
I forgot to specify, the game is un-modded, using Vista Home Premium, E4400 Intel Core 2 Duo, Nvidia 8600GT [I'll put that information on my profile summary so that I don't have to keep typing it] and I'm going to look into where error logs for this game are stored [if you already know where they are located, please do tell, if not, I'll do my own diligence and find it when I feel more up to tearing through windows explorer using Google as a guide]. Anyway, thanks for your time and I very much appreciate you keeping this excellent game alive.

P.S. I am aware that the error log might mention my hardware. If so, let me know. I'm aware that I probably look like a noob [first time I've attempted to help debug a game]. Please be friendly, TIA.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

manictiger wrote: I forgot to specify, the game is un-modded, using Vista Home Premium, E4400 Intel Core 2 Duo, Nvidia 8600GT [I'll put that information on my profile summary so that I don't have to keep typing it] and I'm going to look into where error logs for this game are stored [if you already know where they are located, please do tell, if not, I'll do my own diligence and find it when I feel more up to tearing through windows explorer using Google as a guide]. Anyway, thanks for your time and I very much appreciate you keeping this excellent game alive.

P.S. I am aware that the error log might mention my hardware. If so, let me know. I'm aware that I probably look like a noob [first time I've attempted to help debug a game]. Please be friendly, TIA.
Update to 2.2.0, I think all the stuff you mentioned should be fixed...
and it ends here.
madfalcon81
Trained
Trained

Post by madfalcon81 »

A little question to you: i tryed 2 weeks ago to play multiplayer on NTW mode. It worked fine. But after the first restart on computer, the ntw crashes. It enters game, the campaign start fine (i dont know it its a conecction, but whatever), but in skirmish mode...when u press the "ready" button (upper right corner) the game simply exits. Same problem on Grims' FX.

I start the game from here. http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i99/m ... t001-3.jpg. The normal start of the game (first option) and the aivolution works fine. Is there something i made wrong ?
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

madfalcon81 wrote:A little question to you: i tryed 2 weeks ago to play multiplayer on NTW mode. It worked fine. But after the first restart on computer, the ntw crashes. It enters game, the campaign start fine (i dont know it its a conecction, but whatever), but in skirmish mode...when u press the "ready" button (upper right corner) the game simply exits. Same problem on Grims' FX.

I start the game from here. http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i99/m ... t001-3.jpg. The normal start of the game (first option) and the aivolution works fine. Is there something i made wrong ?
NTW is broken on some maps.
and it ends here.
madfalcon81
Trained
Trained

Post by madfalcon81 »

damn, you're right...on sk-rush it works...i tryed on nwt maps (i dont know exactly the name).

and on grim's GFX ???? It crashes even on rush map...
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

madfalcon81 wrote:damn, you're right...on sk-rush it works...i tryed on nwt maps (i dont know exactly the name).

and on grim's GFX ???? It crashes even on rush map...
grim's mod isn't supported, that is why it was removed.
and it ends here.