Testers Needed for Campaigns. w/wo FMVS!

Warzone 2.2.x series. (Unsupported--read only !)
Fisco
Greenhorn

Re: Testers Needed for Campaigns. w/wo FMVS!

Post by Fisco »

If you are getting the nightly builds, then you open base.wz, and move the FMVs into that. Zip add, or unzip base.wz, then in base, unzip the FMVs, and then, you can zip everything back up...
It's that easy huh? I'll get right into it, thanks!
Raem_Lylar
Trained
Trained

Post by Raem_Lylar »

sequences_ogg zipped folder is password protected. Am i supposed to be approved for testing or something to get the password?
Main: Arithyce
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

Raem_Lylar wrote:sequences_ogg zipped folder is password protected. Am i supposed to be approved for testing or something to get the password?
No, but you're supposed to use a working unzipping utility. ;)

By the way, it is not necessary to rezip the base.wz, there are various locations where Warzone finds the movies. I put them into ~/.warzone2100-2.1/sequences (the folder where the savegame folder is, wherever it might be on Windows).
Raem_Lylar
Trained
Trained

Post by Raem_Lylar »

cybersphinx wrote:No, but you're supposed to use a working unzipping utility. ;)

By the way, it is not necessary to rezip the base.wz, there are various locations where Warzone finds the movies. I put them into ~/.warzone2100-2.1/sequences (the folder where the savegame folder is, wherever it might be on Windows).
I am using windows extraction wizard. Could you direct me to something better? (edit- upgraded to WinZip)

EDIT: Nevermind, i unzipped ogg into base.wz but videos will not play. Why? Does it actually have to be a debug build? (im using most recent non debug nightly build)

EDIT2: I had to unzip sequences after placing it in base wz... i extracted sequences from the zip file with all sub folders intact.
Now warzone wont even start... ?

Couldnt you guys just host the base.wz file with the fmv's in it and working somewhere? If so, link, please.
Main: Arithyce
Zoloom
Trained
Trained

Post by Zoloom »

Fmv work correctly on Linux i386 with trunk version and 2x size mode.

What a memory !

Thanks to you !
French helper / Assistant Français (envoyez moi des messages privés si vous cherchez des réponses en français (dans la limite de mes capacités)).

Xfire : zoloom

"Software is like sex, it's better when it's free"
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Raem_Lylar wrote:I am using windows extraction wizard. Could you direct me to something better? (edit- upgraded to WinZip)

EDIT: Nevermind, i unzipped ogg into base.wz but videos will not play. Why? Does it actually have to be a debug build? (im using most recent non debug nightly build)

EDIT2: I had to unzip sequences after placing it in base wz... i extracted sequences from the zip file with all sub folders intact.
Now warzone wont even start... ?

Couldnt you guys just host the base.wz file with the fmv's in it and working somewhere? If so, link, please.
You do know, if you edit your post, that nobody knows that the thread has been updated?
Anyway, just unzip base.wz. Unzip the sequences into the base directory. Zip it all back up (if you want--the game don't need the zip files if they are extracted)
You can even extract the sequences to data/sequences, and that should work as well IIRC.
and it ends here.
ChronoSphere
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ChronoSphere »

so... where does Warzone extract the whole music/savegame etc folder to under Vista? Under XP it's in my documents, i thought it would be in AppData\Roaming\ or Users\MyName for Vista but i can't seem to find it anywhere...
Jimmbob
Trained
Trained

Post by Jimmbob »

If you have the Beta 5 it should be either in your Documents folder under Warzone2100 2.1 or in your Program Files Folder under Warzone2100
I had the same trouble with Beta 4 XD MyTroubles
Tucalipe
Trained
Trained

Post by Tucalipe »

NVM...
Redhammer999
New user

Post by Redhammer999 »

The "optional file" stuff, you can ignore.
What were you doing when vista gave that error? Seems to be a driver issue, and not warzone related.
You might want to try newer or older video drivers.[/quote]

HI, i get this problem too. It is not just on vista I get the same on xp but anyway it is warzone related, I dont get this error on any of my other games? warzone beta 5 does crash on me after about an hour playing single pl,ayer campaigne or multi. still great to relive my childhood fav game :\
Misthafalls
Trained
Trained

Post by Misthafalls »

Hi all,

Well I found another problem, sound plays, but the video doesn't.
I am not gonna post the error logs, cause I allready found the root of my problem, namelijk my embedded video card Intel 945 does not support GL_ARB_texture_rectangle opengl extension.

So for others if you have Intel 945 embedded graphics cards the solution is that there is no solution, unless the coders here rip out the use of GL_ARB_texture_rectangle, but I doubt that :)

Greetz,
Misthafalls
MarcusIronfist
New user

Post by MarcusIronfist »

Ok guys, I've got the latest svn as of today (1/2/09 - r6527) and I put the sequences folder into the data/base tree so the build zips the .ogg files into base.wz during compile.

After compile completes and I run "make install", when I run the game and start a new single-player campaign, I still don't get video or audio. Is there something else I need to do, or were the vids disabled again?
Zoloom
Trained
Trained

Post by Zoloom »

MarcusIronfist wrote:Ok guys, I've got the latest svn as of today (1/2/09 - r6527) and I put the sequences folder into the data/base tree so the build zips the .ogg files into base.wz during compile.

After compile completes and I run "make install", when I run the game and start a new single-player campaign, I still don't get video or audio. Is there something else I need to do, or were the vids disabled again?
Well if you are on Linux, you need to put all medias (the "sequences" directory) into the ".warzone2100-2.1" of your personal folder.

For me : /home/zoloom/.warzone2100-2.1

No more config needed for me ;)
French helper / Assistant Français (envoyez moi des messages privés si vous cherchez des réponses en français (dans la limite de mes capacités)).

MarcusIronfist
New user

Post by MarcusIronfist »

Zoloom wrote: quote="MarcusIronfist"
Ok guys, I've got the latest svn as of today (1/2/09 - r6527) and I put the sequences folder into the data/base tree so the build zips the .ogg files into base.wz during compile.

/quote

Well if you are on Linux, you need to put all medias (the "sequences" directory) into the ".warzone2100-2.1" of your personal folder.

For me : /home/zoloom/.warzone2100-2.1

No more config needed for me ;)
That didn't work either.

I put the folder as /home/marcus/.warzone2100-2.1/sequences, and I still just had black screens with the white text, but no sound or vid.
Zoloom
Trained
Trained

Post by Zoloom »

Try to execute warzone2100 like that (in a shell) :

Code: Select all

warzone2100 --debug all
and give me the return when starting a video.

Try to make another topic for this problem...maybe more answers for you ^^