Addicting, VERRRY ADDICTING

Website issues & feedback. Constructive criticism is welcome.
(Guest posting is allowed under certain circumstances)
If you have a problem with certain individuals, then PM the Staff account.
Drak0

Addicting, VERRRY ADDICTING

Post by Drak0 »

I have played quite a few RTS games, mmo to just your average Starcraft or Warcraft game. All of those that I have played do not compare to this. This is by far the best RTS game I have played thus far.
IgorBrehm
Trained
Trained

Re: Addicting, VERRRY ADDICTING

Post by IgorBrehm »

It is good to see someone that thinks the same
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

Since 1999 only Total Annihilation has ever compared to WZ2100
Jonix
Trained
Trained

Post by Jonix »

Man, WZ2100 is, indeed, VERRRY ADDICTING. Its really surprising they didn't make it a series back in '99...
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

You can thank Eidos for that... WZ2120 was in the design stage (i think, been a really long time so memory is a bit fuzzy on this) when eidos pulled the plug on some project Pumpkin was working on at the time and caused the collapse of Pumpkin Studios. At least the core team reform as Pivotal Games (though didn't they go bust again? or maybe it was the publisher they were with...) hehe I think I may even have Alex McCleans (spelling) old email around on my HD somewhere.
Jonix
Trained
Trained

Post by Jonix »

Yes I suppose, they were so stupid :roll: . Anyway at least its still continuing here :lol2: .
"All they who take thy sword, shall perish with thy sword"
"There is no good or evil, there is only power!"
Jonix
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

Er, not to be rude or anything, but why is DrakO's name greyed out and unselectable? Was he banned? :?
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
OfNoConsequence

Post by OfNoConsequence »

Shadow Wolf TJC wrote:Er, not to be rude or anything, but why is DrakO's name greyed out and unselectable? Was he banned? :?
'Cause, like this, ya don't have to be registered to post. :3

FYI - The distributor "surplussed" most of the 30+ Pivotal team in a downsizing measure some 3 years back.
Also - the last Pumpkin patches had nothing to do with 2120 as was erroneously stated in an other thread.

L8r, OnC. :ninja:
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

Lord Apocalypse wrote:Since 1999 only Total Annihilation has ever compared to WZ2100
At least until you learned the nuke trick (or is that another game?). For me, the game that comes closest to WZ is Earth 2150. The graphics are terrific but the AI is fairly limited. There are mods that correct this, but ultimately it hasn't the playablility of WZ.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Shadow Wolf TJC wrote:Er, not to be rude or anything, but why is DrakO's name greyed out and unselectable? Was he banned? :?
This forum section allows guest posting (without registration).
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

Ah, I see. Sorry about that.

Anyways, @DrakO: nice to see that you like this game as well. Oftentimes, I wish that there was a (spiritual) sequel to this game. If you'd like, then you could register (don't worry. It's free. :wink: ) and join in on the fun that can be found in this forum. :)
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Well, if there was interest and enough extra Devs we could always fork warzone development in WZ 2100 and WZ 2120, but at this time its not feasible.
Jonix
Trained
Trained

Post by Jonix »

Lord Apocalypse wrote:Well, if there was interest and enough extra Devs we could always fork warzone development in WZ 2100 and WZ 2120, but at this time its not feasible.

And, in my opinion silly. Like, for example, it could be amazing although it could be an epic fail. But I'd tend to put my trust in the WZ team though. :)
"All they who take thy sword, shall perish with thy sword"
"There is no good or evil, there is only power!"
Jonix
OfNoAccount

Post by OfNoAccount »

Speaking to the last 2 posts on 2120 & the whole addiction refrain of the original:

Visually, with the new terrain renderer, map textures, new model format along with Art Revolution's unit & struct reboots, 2100 is well on its way to becoming what 2120 would have been.

It's in the area of game play that 2100 is stuck in a ho-hum rote predictability that's initially masked by the tech tree complexity & unit design permutations which as a whole are experentially way less than the sum of their parts - no synergy here in replay value once you learn the quite limited set of winning strats.

The eventual roteness falls squarely on a play dynamic that is overwhelmingly weighted on the frontend in favor of fighting WITH information. To get beyond that stasis the game play weighting would have to shift more in favor of needing to fight FOR information. The subtle expression here makes a world of difference in replay value by minimizing that rote predictability which is its bane & thus spurring on that compelling desire to voluntarily overcome the unnecessary obstacles that is in essence a game.

L8r, OnA
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

OfNoAccount why not join the forums.