master is disaster

Website issues & feedback. Constructive criticism is welcome.
(Guest posting is allowed under certain circumstances)
If you have a problem with certain individuals, then PM the Staff account.
warzone

master is disaster

Post by warzone »

master version game is unplayable with more than 6 players!!!
once everyone starts mass produce tanks then game get very slow on highs end system of 2600k SB o/c to 5GHZ!!. :x
please brings back defaults of 2.3.8. Not as pretty but no slow downs!!
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: master is disaster

Post by NoQ »

I'm not really an expert, but i believe you should upgrade your graphics card. The CPU usage didn't change too much, afaik, apart from new pathfinder (which is even better effective) and DyDo AI (which was removed in the latest release, and which was a lot more CPU-intensive).

Also, if you were playing multiplayer, then that's the real price you pay for perfect sync (in 2.3.8, the game is fast, but everybody sees a completely different/desynced situation on his screen; that's not what you want, really), so you might need to upgrade the internet connection to play the game as it was *always* supposed to be played (i.e., fairly), and everybody should do that too. And the new net code is something nobody will want to undo, i mean it. Unlike graphics. In this case you just have to admit that you never played a normal 6-player game anyway.
ODDity
Trained
Trained

Post by ODDity »

Turn off V-Sync in the options too, that basically fixed low FPS issues for me.
Safety0ff
Trained
Trained

Post by Safety0ff »

if it was multiplayer it might have just been the simulation being slowed down because of another player. If that was the case fps would have remained high but the simulation would be slow.

Anyways, consensus seems to be to return the limits to the 2.3 levels.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

NoQ wrote:I'm not really an expert, but i believe you should upgrade your graphics card. The CPU usage didn't change too much, afaik, apart from new pathfinder (which is even better effective) and DyDo AI (which was removed in the latest release, and which was a lot more CPU-intensive).

Also, if you were playing multiplayer, then that's the real price you pay for perfect sync (in 2.3.8, the game is fast, but everybody sees a completely different/desynced situation on his screen; that's not what you want, really), so you might need to upgrade the internet connection to play the game as it was *always* supposed to be played (i.e., fairly), and everybody should do that too. And the new net code is something nobody will want to undo, i mean it. Unlike graphics. In this case you just have to admit that you never played a normal 6-player game anyway.
I highly doubt a person with a 5GHz CPU would have anything less than a SLI/Crossfire setup.

The limits in the game were raised, and while that might be a good thing, the bad thing is the limits were raised, and the engine is pretty much the same thing, so it can't handle so many units on screen at once, and it bogs everything down.
Heck, it don't have to be on screen either, doing AI routines & pathfinding on tons of units is a big problem on all RTS games.
and it ends here.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

The gigahertz wars ended with the Pentium 4 (which topped out at 3.8 GHz - 5 GHz doesn't sound too implausible an overclock), a 5GHz CPU doesn't necessarily mean "modern".
Safety0ff
Trained
Trained

Post by Safety0ff »

Zarel wrote:The gigahertz wars ended with the Pentium 4 (which topped out at 3.8 GHz - 5 GHz doesn't sound too implausible an overclock), a 5GHz CPU doesn't necessarily mean "modern".
i7-2600k SandyBridge necessarily means modern.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Oh, so that's what "2600k SB" means. I was confused by that for the longest time.
Safety0ff
Trained
Trained

Post by Safety0ff »

Zarel wrote:Oh, so that's what "2600k SB" means. I was confused by that for the longest time.
This could have saved you some time. :roll:
Happy Camper
Trained
Trained

Post by Happy Camper »

Safety0ff wrote:Anyways, consensus seems to be to return the limits to the 2.3 levels.
Why not make it configurable like the structure limits?
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

Happy Camper wrote:
Safety0ff wrote:Anyways, consensus seems to be to return the limits to the 2.3 levels.
:shock: Logic :shock:

:lecture: Sounds good to me :3
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
Safety0ff
Trained
Trained

Post by Safety0ff »

Happy Camper wrote:
Because that is more work, some thing like that could be done later on, scaling them back is a good quick fix for now (imo).