M$ Visual C++ Runtime Library error- B4

Warzone 2.1.x series. (Unsupported--read only!)
Raem_Lylar
Trained
Trained

M$ Visual C++ Runtime Library error- B4

Post by Raem_Lylar »

I get this error when launching a skirmish game in beta4:

I did submit this error but i decided to post it here too. In fact, i joined the site because of this...
Main: Arithyce
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: M$ Visual C++ Runtime Library error- B4

Post by lav_coyote25 »

not sure if it will assit - but - the more information you give the better it is:

machine specs and what version of OS your using.
Raem_Lylar
Trained
Trained

Post by Raem_Lylar »

Windows XP SP2
Dell Dimension DV051
Pentium 4 3.20 GHz
3.19 GHz 504 of RAM

That help?

I also added the stderr file.
Attachments
stderr.txt
(168 Bytes) Downloaded 277 times
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Code: Select all

removeMessage: message not found in list
error   : Assert in Warzone: message.c:218 : removeMessageFromList (psCurr != NULL), last script event: '24 (CALL_OBJ_SEEN)'

This happens on any skirmish map? Or just on some? With mods or without?
Raem_Lylar
Trained
Trained

Post by Raem_Lylar »

All sirmish maps and with or without mods. Im downloading the beta4 debug build to give you more info.
Raem_Lylar
Trained
Trained

Post by Raem_Lylar »

Ok, i got the RPT file, im adding it to the bug tracker i opened. Also, my stderr file says something completely different this time. And i have to say, this is fun... mind if i intentionally try to find bugs in warzone to report?
Attachments
stderr2.txt
(116 Bytes) Downloaded 329 times
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Raem_Lylar wrote:Ok, i got the RPT file, im adding it to the bug tracker i opened. Also, my stderr file says something completely different this time. And i have to say, this is fun... mind if i intentionally try to find bugs in warzone to report?
Of course not. :)
Welcome to the QA team. ;)
Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Post by Kamaze »

Raem_Lylar wrote:...mind if i intentionally try to find bugs in warzone to report?
Yes! You're not allowed to do so. There ARE NO BUGS!!111
Bugs are subject to authorisation!

Irony tags, can you see them?
We all have the same heaven, but not the same horizon.
Raem_Lylar
Trained
Trained

Post by Raem_Lylar »

Never mind guys, i have a wealth of programming knowledge myself so i used it to fix the bug, since it is a bug that appears only i have experienced, i believe their to be no reason for you developers to waste time and resources fixing this bug.

And no i don't want to get involved in the project, WZ's coding is a living nightmare to say the least...

So, go ahead and do whatever with this thread.

And if you want to know what the problem is, it seems WZ attempts to start in the folder 'fonts' when launching skirmish, which causes a crash, i recoded WZ to start in the program folder instead, and walla! No more run-time errors.

But is it supposed to start in fonts folder? Because all the fonts are fine whether or not it does.
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Can you explain how you fixed that wz started in the fonts folder?
I did not even know that it tried to do that...
Raem_Lylar
Trained
Trained

Post by Raem_Lylar »

DevUrandom wrote:Can you explain how you fixed that wz started in the fonts folder?
No, actually i cant, remembering that mess of coding and what i did to it is impossible. And i did not keep any of my change logs...

However, you can tell if your version starts in the fonts folder by looking in the properties of WZ.exe, the end part of the start in directory will be- warzone2100.exe\fonts". Note that deleting the \fonts does not work, WZ replaces it when launching warzone.exe, even with any command line.

I'm thinking the coding for the game was damaged during download, or at the least incomplete. So i don't think its a normal bug. Even though i can launch a skirmish game now, it still randomly crashes anyways, as well as a bunch of other strange bugs occuring, so i really do think it was damaged during download, i will download it again and see if the bugs go away.

Here is a list of the bugs:
AI attacks itself and teammates;
LasSat does no damage and fires 5 times in a row, as well as taking only 20 seconds to recharge, and sometimes destroys everything on map(also causes a crash 10 seconds after);
Research speed is exactly ten times slower than normal, and some times when research is completed the same topic shows up again and the item/upgrade from the first research is not available/applied;
Fog of War blinks on and off between distance mode and fog mode;
Sometimes shots are one-hit-kills even if target is full health;

Those are examples, their are many more... many many more... Sooo, yeah? Broken right? Re-Download?
Last edited by Raem_Lylar on 25 Jul 2008, 03:47, edited 1 time in total.
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Raem_Lylar wrote:
DevUrandom wrote:Can you explain how you fixed that wz started in the fonts folder?
No, actually i cant, remembering that mess of coding and what i did to it is impossible. And i did not keep any of my change logs...
No problem. If you were using SVN, you can do "svn diff" and send me the output. (i.e. via "svn diff > windowsfix.patch" and send the windowsfix.patch" file.)
Otherwise just send me the whole src and lib directories, I can extract a patch from that.
Raem_Lylar
Trained
Trained

Post by Raem_Lylar »

Raem_Lylar wrote:
DevUrandom wrote:No, actually i cant, remembering that mess of coding and what i did to it is impossible. And i did not keep any of my change logs...
No problem. If you were using SVN, you can do "svn diff" and send me the output. (i.e. via "svn diff > windowsfix.patch" and send the windowsfix.patch" file.)
Otherwise just send me the whole src and lib directories, I can extract a patch from that.
But why? Only i have these problems and i re-downloaded WZ(beta4) and installed it in a separate directory, this version(same as broken one(beta4) works just fine and does not start in 'fonts'. I also edited my last post.

You should be looking at your installer and such, it might have bugs that caused the download/install to go wacky...
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Raem_Lylar wrote:Never mind guys, i have a wealth of programming knowledge myself so i used it to fix the bug, since it is a bug that appears only i have experienced, i believe their to be no reason for you developers to waste time and resources fixing this bug.

And no i don't want to get involved in the project, WZ's coding is a living nightmare to say the least...

So, go ahead and do whatever with this thread.

And if you want to know what the problem is, it seems WZ attempts to start in the folder 'fonts' when launching skirmish, which causes a crash, i recoded WZ to start in the program folder instead, and walla! No more run-time errors.

But is it supposed to start in fonts folder? Because all the fonts are fine whether or not it does.
While the source code is a bit ... um...convoluted, and it gives people headaches, once you start working on it, it gets a bit easier.

If you ever change your mind, just remember, we are always looking for more programmers. :)