Ranks not being saved.

Warzone 2.1.x series. (Unsupported--read only!)
Xythoces
New user

Ranks not being saved.

Post by Xythoces »

:D Hiya. I'm new to the site... I've played Warzone regularly since the playstation era... :D

I don't know if this is a bug or it is supposed to happen... but unused ranks (i.e. recycled but unproduced ranks) are not being saved.
I saved during a mission while upgrading my force. I had recycled several units and had produced four when I saved.
When I reloaded the game, production continued, but the produced units had no experience.

:D I'm glad people never gave up on this game. It's the best game ever.
armigus
Greenhorn

Re: Ranks not being saved.

Post by armigus »

Ugh...
#1. Save before recycling units. I have a special save slot called (spin cycle) for preserving ranks.

#2. Rebuild all recycled units during the current mission. If a mission has several parts (Alpha 3) then ranks are preserved between parts.

#3. If you try to recycle more than 32 at a time the extras are lost. Watch your unit totals (Ctrl-U or Ctrl-A).
Xythoces
New user

Post by Xythoces »

Thank you for you third point, Armigus; I did not know that.
However, I pretty much deducted your first two points the moment I lost four heros.

You didn't answer my (Implied, as it may be) question though: Is this a bug or is it a feature of the game / Is this something that is going to be fixed?

Also, saying "ugh..." at the beginning of a post without explaining why is not a good way to garner friendship.
Congratulations (thumbs :D up) for joining a forum just to try to make someone feel like a retard.
O_o :...:
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Post by EvilGuru »

Recycled ranks are saved, and #3 is right on the mark; the limit is 32.

I remember testing it no so long ago and the code did/does seem to work.

Regards, Freddie.
Kreuvf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Kreuvf »

This is a known bug and it has been reported more than a year ago by me. It is a bug with low priority as the save-game format will be redone in the future.
Bug #8878 - Experience of recycled units is not saved
ChronoSphere
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ChronoSphere »

What about a similar problem with the ranks?
It happened to me a few times in all versions of warzone so far.
A unit reaches say, hero rank at the end of a mission. After i finish that mission and proceed to the next one, the rank of the hero unit sometimes gets downgraded <.<
It doesn't happen on the same mission every time and it doesn't affect special ranks only as far as i noticed.
Kreuvf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Kreuvf »

ChronoSphere wrote:What about a similar problem with the ranks?
It happened to me a few times in all versions of warzone so far.
A unit reaches say, hero rank at the end of a mission. After i finish that mission and proceed to the next one, the rank of the hero unit sometimes gets downgraded <.<
It doesn't happen on the same mission every time and it doesn't affect special ranks only as far as i noticed.
Thing is that you need 100% reproducability. Otherwise it is hard for the developers to fix the bug.
ChronoSphere
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ChronoSphere »

Hmm.. I could try to provide a savegame made at the end of a mission where this happens... the thing is, i'm not activel playing WZ atm because the commander issue is not fixed yet afaik
Maye it sounds lame but WZ is just not the same without them :stare: