Mac users, where are you guys?

Warzone 2.1.x series. (Unsupported--read only!)
dmx
Greenhorn

Re: MAC users, where are you guys?

Post by dmx »

The build now seems to crash in a big ball of flames.

92 errors. Seems to be missing files
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Post by EvilGuru »

Could be that it was unable to download Theora from Xiph.org. Anyone else have any results with it?

Regards, Freddie.
WarriorAnt
Greenhorn

Post by WarriorAnt »

I just DL'd Version 2.1_beta5 and it will not open on my Mac. PowerPC G4, 1GHz, 1GB SDRAM. Mac OS X 10.4.11 iMac.
Whenever I click on the application it will just bounce once in the dock and do nothing.
Any one else having this problem? Has it been tested on a Mac?
lowededwookie
Trained
Trained

Post by lowededwookie »

I don't seem to have any problems yet.

The graphics issue with the landscape being rendered all weird is gone.

I don't seem to be able to join network games but I'm picking that's more to do with TimeZones than anything. Nothing shows up under the Lobby and I don't have any mates that play Warzone despite my best efforts to get them to.

That being said I've only had little plays so I'm going to play some hard out campaigns now.
WarriorAnt
Greenhorn

Post by WarriorAnt »

Wookie,

You got 2.1 beta 5 to run on your mac? What Mac and OSX are you using? Mine just sits on the dock and bounces once and will not open.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Good news, we got FMVs now working for macs.

Big thanks to EvilGuru (fixing xcode) & Omikronman (for letting me test things on his machine). :)
WarriorAnt
Greenhorn

Post by WarriorAnt »

Well guys great game! Really love this game but can't get it to load a saved game no matter what version I try. Guess I'll check back in sometime in the future to see if that area of the game is functional. Haven't enjoyed a game this much since Westwoods C&C
dmx
Greenhorn

Post by dmx »

:ninja:

Now compiles
Baum
Trained
Trained

Post by Baum »

WarriorAnt wrote:Wookie,
You got 2.1 beta 5 to run on your mac? What Mac and OSX are you using? Mine just sits on the dock and bounces once and will not open.
You may need to wait a few minutes the first time you run Warzone but it should start up eventually. After the first time, though, the loading should speed up significantly.
OSX-User
New user

Post by OSX-User »

Hello guys!

I´m new here, but i played warzone 2100 a long time ago on the original playstation. Now i play the beta 5 on my macbook (CoreDuo 2Ghz, Intel GMA 950) and it works great! The only problem is a lot of tearing and i don´t know how i can activate v-sync. In the options i found nothing.

Oh, and i´m german, my english is not the best ;-)
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Post by EvilGuru »

OSX-User wrote:Hello guys!

I´m new here, but i played warzone 2100 a long time ago on the original playstation. Now i play the beta 5 on my macbook (CoreDuo 2Ghz, Intel GMA 950) and it works great! The only problem is a lot of tearing and i don´t know how i can activate v-sync. In the options i found nothing.

Oh, and i´m german, my english is not the best ;-)
Vsync is not available in beta-5. However, I personally added in support for it in trunk (destined to be 2.2). I expect to have some FMV-ready builds of trunk available in the next couple of days, time permitting. This does support vsync. (And as a bonus, you also get FMVs!)

Regards, Freddie.
OSX-User
New user

Post by OSX-User »

Oh, that´s great!

Another little problem i´ve seen yet is the cursor. In Fullscreen-Mode it´s only the normal mouse-cursor, not the game-cursor. In Window-Mode the cursor works right.
felixXJ
New user

Post by felixXJ »

I have a G5 running 10.3.9 and all I get is the bouncing icon.
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Post by EvilGuru »

felixXJ wrote:I have a G5 running 10.3.9 and all I get is the bouncing icon.
We do not officially support 10.3.x. Please upgrade to Tiger/Leopard.

Regards, Freddie.
shishkebab
Trained
Trained

Post by shishkebab »

Hi,

I'm glad to hear that the FMVs will work on macs! Great Job! I just have one small problem. Whenever I open a beta (one I compile myself or pre-built), I get the error listed in the mac compile guide on the wiki:

Code: Select all

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11R6/lib/libfontconfig.1.dylib
 Referenced from: Warzone.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/QuesoGLC.framework/Versions/A/QuesoGLC
 Reason: image not found 
However, the fix listed there does not help. I went to the folder, and the symlinks that the commands created are there, the only problem is that they do not link to anything. Is there something I am doing wrong, or did I skip a step somewhere? If you could help me out that would be great!

Thanks!