Mac users, where are you guys?

Warzone 2.1.x series. (Unsupported--read only!)
tom555
Rookie
Rookie

Re: MAC users, where are you guys?

Post by tom555 »

iMac G5 17". I Think he has a Nvidia with 64MB RAM. I don't know the exact name of it. But it is about 5 Years old.
digt
Rookie
Rookie

Post by digt »

tom555 wrote:iMac G5 17". I Think he has a Nvidia with 64MB RAM. I don't know the exact name of it. But it is about 5 Years old.
It might be an NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 32MB or GeForce FX 5200 Ultra 64MB. Other G5 17" iMacs all had ATI graphics cards I think.
tom555
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tom555 »

Yes it is a GeForce FX 5200 Ultra 64MB.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

In case nobody is paying attention...

http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/64 "FMV playback code --Testing needed, especially on MACS!"

This is for *trunk*!

Need libtheora.

Report results in that link, or here. :)

Thanks!
Omikronman
Trained
Trained

Post by Omikronman »

Line Location Tool:0: Command /Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.0 failed with exit code 1
Line Location Tool:0: cycle in dylib re-exports with /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.dylib
Baum
Trained
Trained

Post by Baum »

Omikronman wrote:Line Location Tool:0: Command /Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.0 failed with exit code 1
Line Location Tool:0: cycle in dylib re-exports with /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.dylib
If on Leopard, are you using Xcode 3.1?
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Baum wrote:
Omikronman wrote:Line Location Tool:0: Command /Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.0 failed with exit code 1
If on Leopard, are you using Xcode 3.1?
That was with 3.0, but he updated to the latest one, and it seems it compiles OK now. :)
Omikronman
Trained
Trained

Post by Omikronman »

Yes, I had a test game with the single player skirmish mode and it ran very well. Now it is time to test the new network code inside perhaps? Or something else? Please tell me! :-)
dmx
Greenhorn

Post by dmx »

Ok. Myself and Pabs (Not sure he's registered on the forums, but I think he might be putting a debian package together or something.) tried to get this working on leopard with the FMV patch, and there appears to be a Theora dependency.

Now the catch is, we have no idea on how to include theora into the build process using Xcode. Both of us are kinda unix guys so Xcode is bit of a mystery.

I've thrown out the question onto the Xcode developer thread on Something Awfuls programing subforum, and hopefully somebody there will know how to do it.

Regarding doing a daily build. I'm happy to volunteer to do stable packages and upload them, but with my lousy connection, I dont think I'd be able to do a daily build. Australian 256/64 DSL with a 6 gig allocation (Yeah I know. I'll upgrade soon) , so uploading a 110meg DMG everyday would be a bit nightmarish.

But I've had a bit of an idea how it *could* be done , by just compiling the binary, and uploading that, and assembling the app file on whatever the server.
dmx
Greenhorn

Post by dmx »

Argh. Still miffed on how to do the theora thing.

If this was a linux system, I'd know exactly what to do. grumble.

Maybe I should join my local mac users group (I'm pretty new to the shiny happy world of macs) and harrass them for tips.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

dmx wrote:Argh. Still miffed on how to do the theora thing.

Maybe I should join my local mac users group (I'm pretty new to the shiny happy world of macs) and harrass them for tips.
:( Well, that sucks.
Why did Apple have to go out and do it their special sauce way? :evil:

About all I could find is this: https://trac.xiph.org/ticket/1367 Which just mentions that 10.5

I wonder if you could get away with just building it the normal linux way, (with makefiles), and then adding libtheora to the list of libraries that you link to?
lowededwookie
Trained
Trained

Post by lowededwookie »

With regards to the LibTheora thing have you tried using MacPorts?

I'm just installing it now via Porticus (GUI frontend for MacPorts).

Will try to do a rebuild tonight when I get home though.
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Post by EvilGuru »

lowededwookie wrote:With regards to the LibTheora thing have you tried using MacPorts?

I'm just installing it now via Porticus (GUI frontend for MacPorts).

Will try to do a rebuild tonight when I get home though.
We are trying to avoid a requirement to use macports to build Warzone.

Regards, Freddie.
dmx
Greenhorn

Post by dmx »

Buginator wrote:
dmx wrote:Argh. Still miffed on how to do the theora thing.

:( Well, that sucks.
Why did Apple have to go out and do it their special sauce way? :evil:

About all I could find is this: https://trac.xiph.org/ticket/1367 Which just mentions that 10.5

I wonder if you could get away with just building it the normal linux way, (with makefiles), and then adding libtheora to the list of libraries that you link to?
To be honest, if you guys don't have a mac maintainer, it'd probably be a better use of mental energy to do it the linux way, and find some programatic way of building the app packaged file.

The DMG stuff is more custom than anything, aint no reason not to distribute it in a zip.
Baum
Trained
Trained

Post by Baum »

As mentioned in the ML, I'm going to post a patch in the next few days (assuming there aren't too many complications) for the Xcode project file that will download libtheora and build it automatically so people can test the FMV patch. Sorry for the lack of activity on my end, I've been pretty busy lately.